It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Won't Stop Enriching Uranium Once Russian-Built Reactor Is Online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

www.cnsnews.com

Iran’s plan to fire up its first nuclear power reactor will not affect its ongoing uranium enrichment activities, despite Western governments’ arguments that the power plant’s operating arrangements will render enrichment unnecessary.

Years behind schedule, the 1,000-megawatt reactor in the southern Iranian port of Bushehr will finally be loaded with Russian-supplied low enriched uranium (LEU) late this week during a ceremony to be attended by senior officials from both countries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.independent.co.uk
www.ynetnews.com

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The Bushehr nuclear power plant

The Bushehr nuclear power plant is about to go operational, and a primary target for an Israeli airstrike, just like the Osirak reactor back in June '81.

Certainly the last thing they want is a nuclearized Iran, although there are additional nuclear facilities besides Bushehr.

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Yes, if they want to stop it they better hurry up. Although i do absolutely not agree. Iran, as many others in various threads said many times, has every right to do what they want. And Iran is much less of a danger than many other countries. Me as a non american can simply not understand why the US needs to have their fingers in every mouth around the world,
besides two reasons only, Money and Resources.

Otherwise, explain to me why North Korea still can do what every they want with a nutty professor on top of the Country.

Anyway, if Israel wants to do something, which i am certain they will, they better hurry up and be careful not to hit the guys in red. But i guess and somewhat hope, that if they do, it will be their last mistake.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Basel77]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Basel77
Me as a non american can simply not understand why the US needs to have their fingers in every mouth around the world,
besides two reasons only, Money and Resources.
[edit on 17-8-2010 by Basel77]

Well, I, as a human born and raised in America can simply not understand "why the US needs to have their fingers in every mouth around the world,
besides two reasons only, Money and Resources", so you aren't alone there.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

So - what's - the - big - deal? After all the US of A is enriching Uranium as I write this!

Oh heck, I forgot. It's only the US of A who has been arrogated the rights and authority to enrich Uranium and produce Plutonium as and when they so desire. How dare Iran takes away this monopoly? Geeez!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

yep i know i am not alone. but i have to admit i like your wording bettern.
after all it is not the american people, but the gouvernments...and unfortunately not only the US Government

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
And why should they stop enriching uranium? Good on Iran and best of luck to your endeavors.

I can't tell you how happy I am Iran have defeated the US and Israel in terms of the nuclear program crisis. Iran's Bushehr power plant will become operational and a war will be officially and forever averted!
Iran have stuck to their guns for the last 6 years sticking it right up Israel and the US and have come out on top.

I can't tell you how happy that makes me feel. In Israel's face. In America's face.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Nor should they stop enriching. Under the NNPT they have a perfect right to do so. They are under the watchful eye of the IAEA which has NEVER reported Iran has diverted any uranium to weapons. What is the point of a treaty if you are prevented from acting within the treaty parameters?

new topics

top topics

join