It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot and the Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This is not a "I saw Bigfoot tale" I just wanted to know if anyone had heard of this theory. After telling a friend about my Bigfoot sighting 23 years ago and summing it up as "I was still afraid", she wrote me this "her explanation" of why it calmly walked away.

Mitch, At least you and he are both alive and no one was hurt. That would be terrifying. I wonder how he was brave enough to come into a town...or did you live out in a woodland area? Well, 9 ft. tall...maybe that makes a "man" brave. I wonder if he is related to the Philistines in the Bible? I think they were around after the great flood. That makes you really start to wonder about Noah,s daughter in laws. Big or small...The genes carried on. I used to think about the story in the Bible where Esau sold his birthright to his brother for a bowl of soup. They were entirely different. Esau's habitat/lifestyle was similar to a big foot of today, but he was still part of his family. They were fraternal twins. The scripture says that Esau was hairy and Jacob wasn't. Just how hairy was Esau? Hairy enough that Jacob and his mom were able to fool the twin's blind and dying father. He thought he was giving his blessing to Esau. And he asked that Jacob, pretending to be Esau at his mother's direction, to let him touch his skin. They used some animal skin and he thought it was Esau. Weird, huh! I used to wonder...was that when a split in primates occurred? If you read the blessing, later given to Esau, He lived in the woods...etc. Jacob was the more intelligent one of the two. That is why his mother insisted that they do what they did. Plus Esau had sold his birthright for soup. Jacob a cultured lifestyle (eventually.) and Esau a beastly lifestyle. Living off of the land...for everything. Thus, some years back, I CAME UP WITH THE IDEA THAT SCIENTISTS WHO FIND THE PRIMATES FROM WHICH THEY CLAIM MAN DESCENDED, WHAT have REALLY Found is descendants of these brothers. A FAMILY WAS SPLIT by genetic differences. THE GENES OF THE HAIRY SON WERE CARRIED ON AND HIS OFFSPRING (Maybe Bigfoot) LIVED IN THE WOODS, SURVIVED THE COLD BECAUSE OF HIS HAIR/FUR, etc. AND the SMOOTH SKINNED son, JACOB (A TWIN) passed his GENES ALONG TO MODERN MAN. The story of Jacob and Esau regarding the blessing given by Isaac is found in Genesis 27. Verses of interest are ***VERSE 9 = Jacob goes to get the two kids (goats) as his mother instructed. *** VERSE 11 = Jacob talks about his smooth skin. ***VERSE 16 Jacob's mom puts the goat hair on his hands and around his neck. ***VERSE 21 & 22 Isaac feels the fur and smells the smell of the field. Jacob was wearing Esau's smelly clothes. NOW FOR THE BLESSINGS: VERSE 37= Jacob's blessing*** JACOB'S BLESSING SUMMARIZED = His brethren are his servants, he will be sustained/fed by corn and wine = a civilized lifestyle, from which modern man was descended. VERSE 39 = Esau's Blessing. *** ESAU'S BLESSING SUMMARIZED = Dwell on the fatness of the earth = hunt his meat. & Drink the dew from heaven = water he can find, even morning dew = a woodland habitat surviving off of the land. He will have DOMINION OVER JACOB. In other words, he will go his separate way when he is stronger and can break his yoke (or break away from Jacob) WHEN THAT BREAK IS MADE, THEY ARE SEPARATED AND LIVE SEPARATE LIFESTYLES.
I am not an expert on the Bible or the many theories of how Bigfoot came about, the thread search inferred but didn't cover this theory.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
A very interesting take, thanks for sharing.

Star and flag!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Interesting.

Yeah, the bible hints around at certain things that we think are "mythical" or mysterious these days. Take UFOs for example, a lot of those stories could be talking about what people think of today, as UFOs. Even pictures in old scripture etc have pictures of what looks like UFOs.

Sorry to get off subject there. But yeah, the bible is packed full of mysterious things like this.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Yes, very interesting indeed.
This Bigfoot is worldwide phenomena, just different names.
Given the hairy thing and how they look human, their blessings, its all made it very plausible.

Should we find them and bring them back to civilization or let them alone with their lifestyle ?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

It is interesting but mostly comforting for me. It kind of helped me see "it" in a more of a coexistence way than a blood thirsty monster.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Blackout- (your name made me think of this) I had read Genesis 5 times before her email, and never made even a slightest connection to post flood Bigfoot.

The Bible is another thread, but I understand it was compiled by scrolls. AND there are thousands more scrolls under the Vatican that were omitted or kept secret. Nobody knows for sure, but if it's true it would really clear things up.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
this is typical pick and chose theology lol

Wordsmith's

I can make the bible say it's ok to kill to ..
A eye for a eye...its in there somewhere lol
Typically use for.... you murder my family you loose one of yours.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Well, I guess you have a good point, I saw Pye's explanation for BF and it seemed self opinionated (although scientific)

This was just my friends opinion that I wanted more input on.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

I've heard the Bigfoot Nephilim theory but not much about the Bigfoot being related to Goliath theory.

I really don't think either is plausible. Goliath, at the very least, had the ability to speak the same language as David (if the story is to be believed literally as it is written). Why would Bigfoot seem so much like an animal if he had the same language capabilities we do?

The Nephilim theory also doesn't make sense since all were meant to be killed during the flood. In fact many people think the entire reason for the flood was to kill the Nephilim and that the evil of mankind referred to in Genesis was actually the evil Nephilim.

Both ideas need evidence to support them, right now they are just wild interpretations of eye witness accounts and an ancient text that hasn't proven too reliable when it comes to historical accuracy. And of course some concrete evidence of Bigfoot would also be nice, to get the ball rolling and bring him out of the realm of myth (same place Goliath and the Nephilim are).

In all likelihood if Bigfoot does exist he is probably a hominid species closely related to us. I really doubt he has anything to do with the Bible.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I don't think the Goliath theory works out to well either. Esau though was post flood and very hairy.

I did read the accounts of Ostman, He said they "were chatty" in some language he didn't understand. Strange story BTW

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I've never heard of this before but it's an interesting theory. It'll give me something to think about. S+F!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This is definitely something to think about.

Good post.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hell who knows? Anything is possible. It's too damn bad that the bible isn't more detailed than it is. I wonder if the ol Vatican really has an original copy of the bible. It wouldn't surprise me. If so, wonder how much damage they have done by trying to 'herd' the masses. I know that there would be many more believers if the bible didn't seem like swiss cheese.

Sorry to get off topic, cool idea, good post!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Even if the scrolls disclosed a Bigfoot, unfortunately it's still not hard proof.

I understand there are hundreds of the Dead Sea Scrolls under the Vatican. So there must be plenty of info being kept from us.

I found a Dr. Bonjean a Bible scholar who claimed he was one of five men to read them. He didn't mention Bigfoot in what he said was written, but did say that there were references to the true origins of...
This is what he did say. I imagine there is a longer list.

www.skepticfiles.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
NICE!

I recently started studying the OT with new eyes, and it reads like a science fiction epic. LOL. Deuteronomy really trips me out

TY for sharing.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Very interesting! I grew up in church and recall this story but had forgotten it until now. It makes one think about the possible "missing link".

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by immortalcamel
reply to post by Tribble

Very interesting! I grew up in church and recall this story but had forgotten it until now. It makes one think about the possible "missing link".

I wonder if you can relate this hypothesis to someone who might further it's probability.
I saw Bigfoot 10 feet away and also saw it breathe 3 times. I will never forget the calm and intelligent eyes.
This is a lot to ask, but it's important to me.

new topics

top topics

join