It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban offers civilian death probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Taliban offers civilian death probe

english.aljazeera.net

A spokesman for the Taliban has offered to set up a joint committee with the United Nations and Nato to study civilian casualties in Afghanistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I knew this was coming as I have been studying how NATO has been killing innocent people and blaming the resistance for it to demean them.

I expected the resistance to do this much earlier, but it is good that they finally decided to do it

"Understanding the true nature of war and its impacts on civilian people is an irrefutable right of the Afghan people, and this must not be violated by any warring party," the group said.

ARM released its own report last month which blamed insurgent groups for 61 per cent of civilian casualties in the first half of 2010.

Very interesting ha..

I wonder how the occupying forces will respond to this?

The Guardian reported on Tuesday that diplomats from Nato countries were "cautiously considering" the offer.

They are cautiously considering this

This will be interesting..

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Latest News:

(AFP) – 50 minutes ago

KABUL — Two NATO soldiers were killed Tuesday in a Taliban-style bomb attack in eastern Afghanistan, the coalition said without giving further details.
The latest deaths took to 435 the number of international soldiers killed in Afghanistan since the start of the year, compared to 520 for the whole of 2009, according to an AFP count based on that kept by independent website icasualties.org.

More than 2,000 foreign troops have now been killed in Afghanistan since a US-led invasion toppled the Taliban regime in late 2001.

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It is not the first time the insurgents have called for a joint committee to investigate civilian deaths.

While a similar attempt four years ago was rejected, Western aid workers in Kabul said, the latest move was welcomed Monday by the independent Afghan Rights Monitor (ARM).

WOW I never knew this...

Zzzz, this is absolutely shocking, and I heard this offer was also rejected.

The occupying forces are truly terrorists, killing civilians intentionally and hiding the facts, then blaming insurgents to defame and demean + Demonize them.

This is absurd.

NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) spokesman General Josef Blotz said a joint committee was unnecessary as "there's absolutely no reason to criticise UN human rights reports".

NATO rejects the it, yeah, keep killing innocent people NATO.

MOSCOW, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- Afghanistan intends to buy modern weapons from Russia, the country's charge d'affaires in Russia Hafizullah Ebadi told Interfax news agency Tuesday.

"Afghanistan definitely needs powerful national armed forces for the purpose of protecting its national sovereignty and territorial integrity," he was quoted by the agency as saying.

They want a long civil war after the defeat of the occupying forces, that way through corruption they can steal all Afghan resources.

Not a new tactic.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Why didn't NATO accept the civilian death probe?

Here is why:

By RAHIM FAIEZ (AP) – 34 minutes ago
KABUL, Afghanistan — Hundreds of demonstrators blocked a main highway between Kabul and the eastern city of Jalalabad on Wednesday to protest two deaths in a night raid. The protesters said the two men killed were innocent civilians, while NATO said its forces killed two insurgents.
Ghafor Khan, chief of the district of Surkh Rod, said a father and his son were killed and three others were wounded in the Tuesday night operation in his district. He said police were trying to control the crowd to keep the demonstration peaceful.
NATO said Afghan and coalition troops killed two insurgents and detained several others while pursuing a bomb-making expert who was making sophisticated explosives for the Taliban. The coalition said the joint force took enemy fire before fatally shooting two men.
In a separate incident, NATO said a civilian irrigating a field in the Arghandab district of Kandahar province was killed Tuesday during a fire fight.
The coalition said the civilian was shot and killed when a joint force being attacked by insurgents returned fire. Coalition forces plan to meet with local elders about the incident, which remains under investigation.
Also in Kandahar, NATO said a joint force killed 10 insurgents Tuesday while pursuing a Taliban commander responsible for arranging weapons deliveries. Six insurgents who ran from a compound in Panjwai district were killed in an air strike and four others were killed by ground forces.
The joint force found and destroyed a weapons cache inside the compound, including bomb-making equipment, grenades and mortar, artillery and anti-aircraft machine gun rounds.

www.google.com...

They keep lying about both civilian deaths, and who is responsible.

They will be exposed if there is an investigation, they will never accept it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
[edit on 30-8-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have long suspected that many of the Civilians killed by NATO forces in Afghanistan were deliberately killed as reprisals for empire casualties and as a way of pacifying areas previously hostile to the occupation.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

It is not the first time the insurgents have called for a joint committee to investigate civilian deaths.

While a similar attempt four years ago was rejected, Western aid workers in Kabul said, the latest move was welcomed Monday by the independent Afghan Rights Monitor (ARM).

WOW I never knew this...

Zzzz, this is absolutely shocking, and I heard this offer was also rejected.

The occupying forces are truly terrorists, killing civilians intentionally and hiding the facts, then blaming insurgents to defame and demean + Demonize them.

This is absurd.

NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) spokesman General Josef Blotz said a joint committee was unnecessary as "there's absolutely no reason to criticise UN human rights reports".

NATO rejects the it, yeah, keep killing innocent people NATO.

MOSCOW, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- Afghanistan intends to buy modern weapons from Russia, the country's charge d'affaires in Russia Hafizullah Ebadi told Interfax news agency Tuesday.

"Afghanistan definitely needs powerful national armed forces for the purpose of protecting its national sovereignty and territorial integrity," he was quoted by the agency as saying.

They want a long civil war after the defeat of the occupying forces, that way through corruption they can steal all Afghan resources.

Not a new tactic.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by oozyism]

I used to be amused by your posts... Full of bias and ignorant perspectives...

Now you are saying we will be defeated in Afghanistan???

If I grab you and beat the crap out of you.... But you get away.... Then I chase you and you hide... When I finally decide that I am sick of chasing you and give up, this means I lost the fight??

Wow you are dilusional. Your point of view is spectacularly ignorant!!!!

I get it.. you hate America... You also hate Israel...We all get it..

I can't wait for the day that you connect America/Israel to the extinction of the dinosaur.... Its coming, I am sure!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

LOL you just dug your own grave

Did you go to Afghanistan for a fight lol? Who are you fighting? What are you fighting? Are you fighting to kill? Or force them to submit? Or do you want them to put up white flags as sign of surrender like the Japanese?

It is Americans like you that give other Americans a bad image around the world.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Wouldnt it have been easier for you to write... "I have nothing intelligent to add to this conversation, therefore I will ask rhetorical questions,followed by the typical anti-american banter"

We are winning these wars... Our objectives are being accomplished... FACT!!!!

I hope our military leaders consider your remarks like I do... baseless critisism by the losers or friends of the losers.

I bet you think Israel lost the war vs Lebanon also?... Lmao... Objectives are accomplished then we leave... Should our leaders stick around and chase dirt squirls for years??? Nope!! Our boys are coming back to the super bowl on a 50" flat panel and strip clubs...

Tell the afghanis I like salt in my rock soup!... And Ill pass on the heroin!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by oozyism

Wouldnt it have been easier for you to write... "I have nothing intelligent to add to this conversation, therefore I will ask rhetorical questions,followed by the typical anti-american banter"

We are winning these wars... Our objectives are being accomplished... FACT!!!!

I hope our military leaders consider your remarks like I do... baseless critisism by the losers or friends of the losers.

I bet you think Israel lost the war vs Lebanon also?... Lmao... Objectives are accomplished then we leave... Should our leaders stick around and chase dirt squirls for years??? Nope!! Our boys are coming back to the super bowl on a 50" flat panel and strip clubs...

Tell the afghanis I like salt in my rock soup!... And Ill pass on the heroin!!!

The funny thing is you don't know what objectives you are talking about lol..

Another funny thing is if you were winning you wouldn't send more troops to Afghanistan lol..

Another funny thing is, based on your argument Russia won the Afghan war lol..

If the mission was to protect the poppy fields, even that you have failed because once you are forced to leave like USSR and change your name just like USSR due to the collapse you will realize the poppies will vanish again then you have to go to South America to get your drugs to feed your drug addicted population :p and South America has mostly revolutionary leaders which hates American guts too :p therefore you will be feening for drugs and will start murdering each other because you didn't inject or sniff or smoke some of that powder/.

Is this a ranting match

Once again, don't hesitate to tell us what objectives are you talking about lol ohhhhhhhhhhh daaaaaaaaaaaaang Osama, ohhhhhh nooooo forgot about that one lol

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
first thing that happens after the taliban fighters get killed is that there guns are taken to be used or repaired by other fighters....
as the tailban dont wear uniforms they cant be told apart from any civilian that might have died....
its all propaganda and alot of gullible people fall for it....

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
first thing that happens after the taliban fighters get killed is that there guns are taken to be used or repaired by other fighters....
as the tailban dont wear uniforms they cant be told apart from any civilian that might have died....
its all propaganda and alot of gullible people fall for it....

Place a specific scenario, not just a random one..

Are you talking about air strikes? Airstrikes usually kill all of them, sometimes the whole village so I don't think there would be anyone to go and pick up the guns, and do you really believe the guns will survive in a airstrike?

Are you talking about firefights? Civilians die rarely in firefights..

This argument is old, give us more detail..

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You really are of the "small minded" sort. You spew MSM catch lines and phrases. You are full of blind hate toward anything Israel or America.

No Russia did not win in afghanistan... To say that my post suggests that they did...is brilliantly ignoarnt.. But that is to be expected.
You only believe or support any idea or claim that backs your predetermined view of things.. All of this would be great, if you were right.
But... your not.. so it is dilusional propaganda.

On to I dont know the objectives... Did you just let that thought pop into your head, then write it, without any critical thinking?

Why would you assume that I did not understand what the "REAL" objectives are... I didn't even give a clue to my knowledge or lack there of. So for you to assume that tells loads about your comprehension/reading skills.

Lets disect this brilliant sentence.

Another funny thing is if you were winning you wouldn't send more troops to Afghanistan lol..

Are you a military strategist? What makes you think that we would not send more troops if we were winning? That is plain water head thinking.
How do you know what objectives they are currently working on.
So in short.... The only time a military sends more troops is if they are losing.... hmmm Interesting. You apparently know nothing about sustaining positions gained. It is becoming obvious that emotions fuel your posts and not logic.

I myself dont think the objectives (or my objectives) have been accomplished...

My objective was to see Afghanistan completely flattened with all of the violent muslims in graves!!! But that is just a wish of mine.. Not a viable answer to our problems.

Muhamad was a violent, hypocritical, pedophile! Period!!! He is basicly a dirty old rat that made his way into the history books.

Religions of all sorts should be banned and those who "god" talks to, locked up in a padded room! Period...

I dont know the real objectives.. I only know that we are not losing the war...

I would like to know your reasoning for thinking we are losing. We have dismantled the taliban control.. or at least most of it..

We have destroyed the training camps.. The body count alone tells a different story, than yours.

We have even installed our own puppet Govt....We are strolling through the country side like it was our home land... Every now and then a dirty squirl plants a bomb... but for the most part.. they have been defeated!
We just have to get their own people to stand up for themselves.. I for one wish we would just leave and let them sort it out..

If we left, the body count would increase 10X .... they are uncivilized unevolved religious fanatics. That is only my opinion... I am smart enough to know the difference!

Do you have any facts/sources to back anything that you claim? Any? I didnt think so.. You spew your opinions as facts in nearly every one of your posts.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

I dont know the real objectives.. I only know that we are not losing the war...

Was I right, or was I right? And with that post you also exposed your true colors

And no, the Taliban is still alive, it wasn't long ago that 7 American Soldiers died under Taliban IED..

And no, the Taliban still controls most of Afghanistan, the occupying forces are hiding in their bases, as you can see the Taliban are coming after them in their main bases now.. Have you analysed the Afghan war lately? Or do you just rely on FOX news to do the research + the thinking for you?

Where is that ghost Osama Bin Laden, and Al-Zewaheri blablabla..

They must be somewhere with their followers training ?? I think you need a lot of counter brainwashing videos to heal your head from the propaganda virus.. Not that easy, but if you stay with me, I can help you out

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The entire point of the war on terror is to not win it.
The pretext for staying in strategic region is more important than defeating a bunch of muslim extremists.

new topics

top topics

join