It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivalist Website: Survivor Mall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Ok, so I was rummaging around on the net for interesting websites. I stumbled upon one and thought the Survivalists of ATS might find it interesting. I also did an 'ATS-specific' search to see if anyone had already posted a thread about it, and I came up with nothing. So, without further adieu:

Survivor Mall

The website looks to be legitimate, all except for the copyright date not being updated, but I'm not sure if that's got much importance. They've got a bunch of survival gear too. I was also wondering if anyone else had ever heard of survivor mall and/or bought from there before? They seem to be affiliates with the RNN. Again, I am not entirely sure if either of these two websites are any good...but they look okay. Just thought I'd point them out.

Interesting merchandise available at Survivor Mall:
30 Year Shelf-life Canned Food
NUKALERT
Psychological Health Supplements

For that last link there, I didn't even know they had anything like that aside from prescription meds that the docs give you. Don't know if they're even good for you or not, but everything on that site looks interesting.

...and there you have it. Survivor Mall! Please let me know what you all think about it. Thanks ahead of time

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Most of these survival kits can be put together on your own for half the price they charge. That goes for most of these sites. if anything I would use them as guide lines and check lists to see what you need. You would be surprised on how much you can gather up by buying 1-2 items a pay period. Check around your home also, there is a lot of stuff laying around in that junk drawer and closets. Buy yourself a couple of Rubbermaid 36 gal. tubs and start putting your stuff away.
Good Luck.

I did see they have the book, When Technology Fails- Matthew Stein.
I bought this book awhile back and it was worth the money, its a must have!

[edit on 17-8-2010 by TwoTechnics]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TwoTechnics

I bought When Technology Fails as well and also recommend it, particularly for people just getting into learning survival. The chapters on outdoor survival are not too good and I would get other books that teach that area better.

I would use the survivormall site as a guide as well. Their prices are a bit high and some things like seeds they sell you don't know will grow well in your area.

My favorite sources for survivor gear are Cheaperthandirt.com, cabelas.com.

Other must-have books would include:
petersons field guide to wild edible plants
Tom Brown Jrs guide to outdoor survival
Northern Bushcraft by Mors Kochansky

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Interesting site and they are well established from what I hear. I can always find something new to buy....

I have been getting supplies from campingsurvival.com... for some time now and have been quite pleased with the service, information and selection.

Plenty of good info. here www.jungletraining.com... as well as some excellent knives.

I can't forget the tried and true Campmor for everything else...

Also, I enjoy reading the books of Robert Young Pelton www.comebackalive.com...

[edit on 17-8-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
thank you for the few comments
and I will definitely check into the other websites and that book that all mentioned. Survival is a very important thing to know...especially IF there are any events coming up in which we may need the skills.

top topics

join