It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucus And The Return Of Planet X!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

LOL I can play this game

So is that all you can offer to this thread??

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

That's an excellent article and it certainly covers a lot of interesting material. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I hope most of the readers of this thread take the time to read through the entire article.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

why do you put so much time and effort into repeating yourself again and again to every audience of lucus you can, that you disagree with his evidence,

i understand the desire to share your opinion, however i also understand no one likes to repeat themselves, so i know when i see you repeating yourself on the same topic over and over, that you must have something important motivating you, what is it?

why is it so important to you that as many people as possible understand your stance on lucus?

why is it so important to you that you steer as many people away from lucas as you can? especialy when you never have anything new to contribute, just repeating the same youve said in every other lucus thread,

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
HaHa! another epic 2012 thread. Can someone tell me when planet x was tied to 2012? I thought planet x was applied to an as yet undiscovered planet. If/When this monster descends from the sky I doubt anyone will be able to explain it's origin. Let alone someone on the internetz.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by spinalremain
The best debate the believers can come up with is that non believers are either disinfo agents or jealous of Lucas?

I think you just want to pick and choose what you want us believers to think and say. If that is your opinion on some of our "best" debates. Then sadly I think your reading comprehension skills are limited.

Then can you please respond to the heavy portion of my post and show us where a Mayan Codex speaks of massive death in the year 2012? I don't care to assume what you think or say or do. I was responding to actual posts. Let us not discuss one another. That was not what I was intending. I apologize. I am just kind of surprised that with all the lack of evidence and all the scientific findings, that we still have youtube videos which are slyly edited as proof of doomsday scenarios. I think it's dangerous to have millions of ppl thinking we're all going to die when there's no reason to believe that, let alone tell others it's impending. That's irresponsible.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Why do you make repetitive posts that are just requests for censorship?

Why don't you take the time to try and support the claims make by Lucus? I believe the answer to that is that you know he has misrepresented the material at hand. You know that his claims are false and you just can't bear to admit it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Whit? It's not about whit. You make outrageous claims but don't support them with anything... at all. A Mayan elder said the 'ancestors' are coming in 2012? Which Mayan elder? Which 'ancestors'? Why believe what this one man says?

The only thing Lucass is doing is praying on people who continually want to recreate what they perceive to be reality, no matter how far out there it has to go, giving them a false sense of power in allowing them to "know" that something will happen in 2012, telling them what 'will' happen. Such a joke.

dragnet53
Social Engineer:
No patch for human stupidity.

Hmmm...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Hi Stereo,

My position towards the 2012 issue is highly ''neutral'' - I will freely admit that I am on the fence.

I am completely open to the idea that something ''big'' may happen to our planet & civilization in the near future, and that there may be groups of people in the ''know'' that have been preparing for such an event for a long time now. I'm also very open to the idea that certain information is kept ''hidden'' away from the public.

I have always strived to make an effort to look over both sides of any issue, in this case 2012/Planet X/ect.

While you may confuse me and probably others as ''jump-on-the-bandwagon, blind faith, believe everything I read'' types of people, I can say for myself that this is not the case!

When I say that I agree with Lucus that something ''fishy'' is going on - that is exactly what I mean. It may be a ''goofy'' concept or idea to you, but it isn't to me - what it boils down to is simply a difference of opinion.

I can appreciate your standpoint Stereo, even though it's quite far from my own.

Regardless of whether or not you are affiliated with a 2012-hoax website, working for NASA, a government employee, a scientist or even a paid disinformation agent - it's highly irrelevant to me. I could honestly care less what your ''job title'' is - What I do care about are your true motives/intentions in posting here as much as you have against the issue.

Am I accusing you of anything directly? No, but I have my suspicions.

Generally, I would question anybody who joins and posts in ATS just to ''attack'' others over their views, beliefs and opinions towards a rather controversial topic, such as Planet X/2012/ect. Again, anybody can look at your posting track history, and the rest speaks for itself in this case.

If your choice is to refuse to answer my question about whether or not you're affiliated with the 2012 hoax website, then so be it.

Thanks for appreciating my posts.

Also know that I mean no disrespect or ill will towards those whose intentions/motives within ATS and elsewhere are ''pure'' and ''honest'' in nature.

I recognize that this post is another off-topic post/reply, but I felt I needed to post it, regardless.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Here is Alejandro's (mayan elder) explanation of the calender.

His interpretation of the 2012 date.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Checkout my new thread dragnet: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

[edit on 19-8-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Why does a person's ancestry makes their opinions any more valid than another person's?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Mayans know more about the calender than so called modern man and their vague interpretations and their huge egos.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

To clarify your post, are you being a racist by claiming that someone with a particular ancestry is more adept at certain skills? It sure sounds that way to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
So sorry, right now I'm slammed for time but do want to post this info about the alleged 3,600 cycle that some say is caused by Planet X. All I had time for at the moment is to quickly scan the articles. Will get deeper into it soon. The following quote was borrowed from the "part two" at www.cassiopaea.org...

What is clear is that whatever comes at 3600 year intervals as shown by the ice cores, is capable of setting off prolonged periods of earth changes that are above the levels of ordinary uniformitarian geologic and climatalogical changes. But the evidence suggests that it is a shower of asteroids or coments that are NOT seen until it is TOO LATE.

Here is the 1st part of the article...

"Has Nibiru/Planet X Been Sighted?"
www.cassiopaea.org...

It's interesting that something that has been evidenced as happening on such a regular cycle isn't clearly documented or maybe it is and it's top secret? Therefore, the average Joe might find it difficult to connect physical evidence like, ice cores and tree rings, to Planet X type catastrophes. Even though it may be "too late", you'd think subsequent civilizations (and possibly survivors) would have put it all together by now.

Toni

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Antoniastar]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

That's funny. The study referred to makes no mention of a 3,600 year cycle and the data presented certainly doesn't show one.
www.igsoc.org...

All it really shows is that there was a major change in Earth's climate about 10,000 years ago. We know that. It's called the change from the last glacial period to the holocene (the current period).

[edit on 8/19/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The site you link to begins with Velikovsky. His claims were shown to be wrong decades and decades ago. It also makes the following claim.

Their depth profiles of microparticle concentration, electrical conductivity and Oxygen 18 at circa 1600 BC indicates a spike in readings for all of these elements. The evidence shows that this disturbance covered this designated period, but with a "huge spike" at c. 1600 BC

I took the time to look at the article that was referenced and what I saw was that this claim appears to be a phony claim. Check it out yourselves.

Fujii and Watanabe

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The key to become a person like Lucus about planet X is to tie together the most seemingly random events in the last decade, then try to force them to fit with a planet coming into our solar system, usually with glaring mistakes and assumptions.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar
So sorry, right now I'm slammed for time but do want to post this info about the alleged 3,600 cycle that some say is caused by Planet X. All I had time for at the moment is to quickly scan the articles. Will get deeper into it soon. The following quote was borrowed from the "part two" at www.cassiopaea.org...

What is clear is that whatever comes at 3600 year intervals as shown by the ice cores, is capable of setting off prolonged periods of earth changes that are above the levels of ordinary uniformitarian geologic and climatalogical changes. But the evidence suggests that it is a shower of asteroids or coments that are NOT seen until it is TOO LATE.

Here is the 1st part of the article...

"Has Nibiru/Planet X Been Sighted?"
www.cassiopaea.org...

It's interesting that something that has been evidenced as happening on such a regular cycle isn't clearly documented or maybe it is and it's top secret? Therefore, the average Joe might find it difficult to connect physical evidence like, ice cores and tree rings, to Planet X type catastrophes. Even though it may be "too late", you'd think subsequent civilizations (and possibly survivors) would have put it all together by now.

Toni

Originally posted by Phage

That's funny. The study referred to makes no mention of a 3,600 year cycle and the data presented certainly doesn't show one.
www.igsoc.org...

All it really shows is that there was a major change in Earth's climate about 10,000 years ago. We know that. It's called the change from the last glacial period to the holocene (the current period).

[edit on 8/19/2010 by Phage]

Hi Phage,

Thank you for your observations and providing the "evidence" that is referenced in the article link for which I had provided in my above post, it is greatly appreciated. I hadn't had a chance to look at the study yet...had to leave and run some errands. I still haven't really looked at it very closely.

What I've gathered is that ice-core samples are not considered a precise measurement of data to determine microparticle concentration and electrical conductvity in the case of "prolonged periods of earth changes" other than "a major change in Earth's climate about 10,000 years ago".

Does that sum it up so far?

My bad. I didn't do my homework before posting about the alleged "evidence".

Toni

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

The site you link to begins with Velikovsky. His claims were shown to be wrong decades and decades ago. It also makes the following claim.

Their depth profiles of microparticle concentration, electrical conductivity and Oxygen 18 at circa 1600 BC indicates a spike in readings for all of these elements. The evidence shows that this disturbance covered this designated period, but with a "huge spike" at c. 1600 BC

I took the time to look at the article that was referenced and what I saw was that this claim appears to be a phony claim. Check it out yourselves.

Fujii and Watanabe

Thank you.
I've never heard of Velikovsky until today. So, naturally, I looked up some info on him. According to Wikipedia Immanuel Velikovsky was "Russian-born American independent scholar, best known as the author of a number of controversial books reinterpreting the events of ancient history, in particular the US bestseller Worlds in Collision, published in 1950." en.wikipedia.org...

So, now that I had some basic information the next thing I did was to search with the key words "proven wrong" after Velikovsky. Oh boy got a bunch of results from that one. The first (and only so far) link that I have followed from that Google search page is here...

Earth Changes and the Pole Shift
poleshift.ning.com...

Of course, since I am on the side that supports a Planet X scenario, I admit that I agree with what this statement says...

Says McCanney:

“NASA scientists have been repeating…for 25 years that ‘Velikovsky has been proven wrong.’ It is time to set the record straight. It was NASA that was [and is still] wrong. Velikovsky single-handedly did more for the advancement of true science than all of the NASA scientists in the last 3 decades combined.”

I don't work for NASA and I am not a scientist. So please take that into consideration. I do not have evidence of Planet X. But I do know one thing for sure. If there is even the remotest chance that it exists (and all that implies or entails), I am willing to err on the side of being dead wrong than not even attempting to search for the truth, whatever that might be.

Toni

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Okay I found something that I think gives a pretty good idea of who "McCanney" is (I had not heard of him either before today)...

"Cutting Edge Show #29 - Prof. James McCanney - Comets + Our Electric Universe"

video.google.com...#

McCanney discusses his views of Planet X or Hercolubus (Herc) in the video.

Toni

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join