It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucus And The Return Of Planet X!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
reply to post by MrXYZ

No sh~~ sherlock and the only ones right now who can only see brown dwarfs are NASA. So you saying you work for NASA by saying 'we'? It si called WISE by the way.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by dragnet53]

You do realize there's "open telescope" projects that allow you use even large telescopes capable of viewing brown dwarfs, right? And if you think only NASA can see brown dwarfs, and no other country or large organisations, you don't really know how much about the subject

Either way, if that brown dwarf is supposed to be here in 2yrs, even hobby astronomers would see it. And light doesn't really matter because guess what, it would be illuminated by our own sun like an asteroid.

But keep believing in unicorns and stupid hoaxes, it's not as if I cared. I also recommend you buy all of Rand's books and DVDs so at least he'll make some $$$

[edit on 31-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

alright show me proof at your knowledge about other WISE telescopes because I think you are talking out your ass.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

alright show me proof at your knowledge about other WISE telescopes because I think you are talking out your ass.

It's like talking to a wall

Again: You don't need a WISE telescope to spot a brown dwarf expected to be here in 2yrs!!! It would already be so close, hobby astronomers would see it.

But maybe it's a special brown dwarf travelling at light speed, right? So he could still be far enough away so hobby astronomers can't see it, right? Or it's really a tiny planet X the size of a pin that then inflates right before it gets to earth? Is that right?

Seriously, have you ever even opened an astronomy book or read something about the subject other than what that charlatan writes? I mean, that whole planet X hoax is crazy...like, similar to if someone where to say terrorists could set the "oil spill" in the golf of Mexico alight as a terrorist attack

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Interesting. But I had a feeling from the start that this guy was no good anyway.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

hello kettle and hello pot!

you still haven't answered my question and I can go all day today on this. I do have a day off.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

The James Clerk Maxwell telescope at Mauna Kea Observatory is an infrared telescope and would be able to detect a brown dwarf, as are many of the telescopes used the Keck Observatory.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

hello kettle and hello pot!

you still haven't answered my question and I can go all day today on this. I do have a day off.

How about you tell me why hobby astronomers wouldn't see that thing if it's already that close. I mean, we were able to see Pluto with 1930 technology, and that brown dwarf would have to be already far closer if it were to arrive in 2yrs.

As for telescopes open for the public...LINK

Not that you would even need telescopes of that size...but you only want big telescopes it seems

It's great you got a day off, I'll eagerly await an answer regarding why hobby astronomers wouldn't see it by now...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
my research on this infrared telescopes. found this site interesting and it states not even an amateur astronomer is able to do this.

coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu...

Where can I purchase an infrared telescope for backyard use?

You can't. Most infrared light from celestial sources is absorbed by the Earth's atmosphere. Only a narrow window of near-infrared radiation (at wavelengths less than about 4 microns) reaches the Earth. Observations at these wavelengths requires that the infrared camera be cooled to hundreds of degrees below zero using a cryogen (such as liquid helium) and requires special solid-state infrared detectors (costing tens of thousands of dollars). Hence, it is impractical to consider a true infrared telescope for personal use.

Only available via commercial use only and UK does have one as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Dragnet53 you are so ignorant in matters that it is astounding. Not everyone is employed by NASA. There are other countries. There are other institutions. There are many instruments that can detect brown dwarfs.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Rand was also charged with assault. He seems to have all sort of colorful run ins with the law. Can you say low life?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Your ignorance of anything to do with astronomy or science in general is really astounding. No wonder this thread has continued for so long. We need to get back to basics - like 3rd grade material.

Things can reflect light. Jupiter reflects light. If a brown dwarf were 2 years out it would be close to visible with the naked eye. You probably wouldn't need any aid to see the object.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I saw the court documents for that as well as one for "Disturbing the Peace," I just wasn't sure if it was the same Paul Bondora or not.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The funniest thing in thread having to do with Bondora is that he is being used by Lucus as support. Isn't that crazy. I guess there must be a natural attraction for hoaxers to stand together.

It just shows that dragnet53 and others are willing to believe Lucus simply because of factors other than the evidence. The evidence is overwhelmingly against these ridiculous claims, yet they have outspoken supporters that want to make sure everyone knows how little they have learned about the world around them.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu...
That answers the question why stereo and the others keep telling us to ask our local astronomy society. They know they are technically incapable of witnessing planet x!

I smell a chemtrail.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

see how angry they got when I posted that link. I also spammed their 2012hoax website. =)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

No they aren't. As I have stated multiple times in this thread, one can view brown dwarfs using a normal telescope. While the cheap ones aren't sensitive enough, any mid-range to high-end telescope with a coronagraph or CCD is enough to view brown dwarfs. And that's to see brown dwarfs that are light years away. At the distance a brown dwarf would have to be to arrive in 2 years it would be visible with the naked eye, not to mention drastically affecting the planets. There is no planet or star that is currently hurtling towards Earth so as to be here in 2 years.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

lol Lets not lower ourselves to their level.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

You smell a chemtrail? You should consider putting down the glue and learn something useful.

A brown dwarf can be detected by seeing how it causes a wobble in a star it orbits.

brown dwarf

As in the case of extrasolar planets, brown dwarfs can also be found if they happen to be orbiting a star; the presence of the brown dwarf is indicated by wobbles that it causes in the motion of its companion star across the sky. The radial velocity method has been successful in identifying a large number of brown dwarfs in orbit around stars. Telescopes equipped with coronagraphs may be able to image the candidate brown dwarf at visible wavelengths, as was the case with Gliese 229B.

So not only can we detect brown dwarfs, but we can also see them because they reflect light.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

If planet X is real, so is the easter bunny

Also looooove how you guys are ignoring the fact that we should see the planet by now if it's supposed to be here in 2 years. No infrared telescope required, hell, not even a large telescope like on Mauna Kea. But keep on dodging that fact by ignoring it...

ATS, deny ignorance...unless you believe in Planet X

And lastly, a whole article about the hoax and why it is so ridiculous...just like all 2012 doomsday prophecies: LINK

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I hope we don't ever sink anywhere close to your level. I might accomplish that by not reading anything for 30 years or more.

You claim that a 3600 year cycle exists and all you did was plagiarize some dates from the wikipedia. You never ever made any effort whatsoever to show that there was meaning to this pile of dates.

You claim that there is a brown dwarf sneaking in here yet you have never been able to do anything other than act like a 3 year old when told that brown dwarfs reflect light.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join