It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush plans to screen whole US population for mental illness

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Anyone who would vote for Bush should be screened for mentel illness. Perhaps Prince George gots something

[edit on C:Wedocu07e7 by Opus]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Bush plans to screen whole US population for mental illness

Somehow the phrase "pot calling the kettle black" just doesn't suffice, hehe...

Maybe we could use nukular medicine to figure out if he knows what we know he knows about what we know?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'd like to see them try to test the Scientologists who believe that Psychiatry is a scam and that Therapists themselves are nuts.

That could prove interesting.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
I'd like to see them try to test the Scientologists who believe that Psychiatry is a scam and that Therapists themselves are nuts.

This suggests something interesting.

Suppose we get the Scientologists to examine King George.

Would King George, by the rigorous, standards of Scientology,
� be judged to be sane?

If so, would the same standards be useful in a subsequent
� screening of the whole population?

Perhaps you are onto something, Spider...

...X...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
May be then people will understand that they are depending on drugs, when I get depress I don't go to a doctor to ask for a pill, I work the problem and face the fear myself.

It is good if this works for you, but I think that you must not have clinical depression if you can work thru the problem without medical treatment. Clinical depression is a serious illness that cannot be overcome by the simple power of will. It is a disease that needs to be treated - dramatically affecting the lives of those who suffer from it. I know this, because I have been clinically depressed for years. Medication was like a curtain opening in a dark room for me, and I know that the treatment is necessary.

Back to topic, anything that puts the government in the position of deciding who is mentally ill and who is not is very dangerious and scary IMO. I continue to be amazed by the things that the Shrub administration keeps pushing thru in fine print. Even more amazing is that the American people are standing for it.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Unfortunately Teknik, most scientologists (though sincere) are fairly unstable themselves. I wouldn't let a scientologist audit or evaluate me as their own religion is based on the writings of a mentally unstable man.

I do believe most scientologists are sincere but their paramilitary wing (Sea Org) and the head of the church David Miscavige are extremely unstable and dangerous people.

Why does a religion need a paramilitary unit.

Hubbard came up with the whole Psychologists are wrong thing because they felt a lot of his teachings where harmful, which is true.

It would still be interesting and trust me if the scientologists could get near someone like the president of the united states of america they would do everything they could to make sure the world thought he was a genius (if that president were pro-scientology) even if said president was completely insane.

Hubbard was a mentally ill and angry man who controlled through fear and manipulation, Miscavige is the same way.

The longer Scienotolgy goes on the more dangerous they become. Mostly gone are those who were there when the whole thing was started, we are now dealing with a generation of people who were raised within the religion.

I believe Miscavige has either figured out its total crap and is riding the wave of power he feels due him or suffered a psychotic break years ago and thinks he actually is L. Ron Hubbard.

Don't underestimate Scientologists, they are very dangerous.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If they do screen people i guess it would suck if they made a mistake and they sent you to the nut house for nothing oh well lets hope for the best !

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
...X...

It would still be interesting and trust me if the scientologists could get near someone like the president of the united states of america they would do everything they could to make sure the world thought he was a genius (if that president were pro-scientology) even if said president was completely insane.

...X...

Don't underestimate Scientologists, they are very dangerous.

The Scientologists make a good example of how
� badly state-mandated mental screening would proceed.

Don't underestimate NeoCons, aside from merely being very dangerous,
� they are in power, with all that entails...

Originally posted by Kaiser617
If they do screen people i guess it would suck if they made a mistake and they sent you to the nut house for nothing...

Is that a typo?
Did you actually mean the White House?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join