It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Foxnews report - 5 Univ. of Georgia scientists say Gov't lied - 80% of oil remains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Proof that the WH and BP are lying?

www.foxnews.com...

Five Georgia scientists who reviewed the data said Monday that instead of only 26 percent of the oil remaining, as a federal report said earlier this month, it's actually closer to 80 percent.

"Where has all the oil gone? It hasn't gone anywhere. It still lurks in the deep," said University of Georgia marine scientist Chuck Hopkinson. He headed the quick independent look by the Georgia Sea Grant program at the estimates the White House released.

White House energy adviser Carol Browner said on morning news shows earlier this month: "More than three-quarters of the oil is gone. The vast majority of the oil is gone."

The Georgia team said it is a misinterpretation of data to claim that oil that is dissolved or dispersed is gone.

"The bottom line is most of it is still out there," Hopkinson told The Associated Press. "There's nothing in the report to substantiate the 26 percent."

[edit on 16-8-2010 by docpoco]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thanx for the post, OP. Are any of us really surprised? Of course BP and the gov't lied!

"Move along folks... Nothing to see here!"

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The govt lied again. Wow. Im impressed.
They have been doing that a lot lately.
This administration is about as transparent as Louis Lanes underwear.
And BP, well, they just want to stop wasting so much money and time trying to appease the public. I doubt they really cares, cause if they did, they wouldnt be going along with the whole "its all gone" crap.
They are a coporation, and its all about money to them, the govt is no different.

Edit to add- I think that Obama was a little pre-mature in his photo op swim, but thats just me.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by docpoco

White House energy adviser Carol Browner said on morning news shows earlier this month: "More than three-quarters of the oil is gone. The vast majority of the oil is gone."

The Georgia team said it is a misinterpretation of data to claim that oil that is dissolved or dispersed is gone.
Isn't it obvious this has been their plan all along? Why do you think that they utterly refused to stop using dispersants? Out of sight, out of mind...their plan all along has not been to do what is best for the planet and life on it...but what is best for profits...hide the oil, don't clean it up properly...it's like smudging dirt into the carpet and saying it's gone...it aint gone...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So, the surprise is that the gov't lied?!

Of course they lied, did anyone believe it was possible to clean up that amount of oil in such a short time?

For Pete's sake, nearly the entire time it was leaking they were underestimating the amount coming out.

So, for all or even the majority of it to have been cleaned, they would have had to extracted more than what was reported to have come out.

That much be some crystal clear water.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is not good news, but it is not anything that I did not anticipate from the get go. As soon as I heard the WH official stance that the oil was gone and that it was no where to be found I knew it was a lie.

For weeks since they managed to get some semblance of "control" I have completely been worried sick about what this Mega-disaster is still going to do. I have been sending my thoughts to everyone in the Gulf and I have not passed a single day without thinking about the safety of Human Life. I believe the Gulf has been Poisoned and when I hear such lies it only hits me deeper inside.

I am still a believer that they thought if they just let this thing get out of hand enough that each of us would put our arms up and embrace nothing but "Green Energy" from this day forward, regardless of the costs. Isn't that why we won't embrace a cleaner technology, because of the expense of implementation and application? I thought we were still stuck in our Oil addiction because it was the cheapest most economical means of running an already existing infrastructure. I was so wrong!

This "sitting around" administration bought us GM with our own money, and through GM they would likely have come up with some clean fueled car in response to this nightmare. Most likely it would be Methane (because that is what they were drilling for, I believe), and everyone would buy a GM from BO at what-ever-the-cost, because oil is responsible for damaging the Gulf. The solution to our economic woes would be solved by saying "Bad Oil", and everyone would send in their money. (this is my conspiracy anyways)

I bet if anyone knows the truth it is the Union Folks who walked away with all of our money. LOL, they were all likely instructed in Green Technology Options so they can control them like "little Kings". Has anyone been watching what the Auto-Unions are planning on doing now? I bet they got the retooling done already!

OK, yeah I am ranting. I am pissed! Dammit this is going to Kill for a very long time, and if they didn't actually manage to control this one day it will blow like we all thought it would do. However, now we do not even have accurate data on the amount of Methane being released.

I am sorry, I hope I did not put a damper on anyone's day! I am so saddened by all of this and the Truth does hurt, this part of the Truth I am thankful for, the real Truth. This Administration has no regard for Truth any more than they do for innocent people. They just want your money and it blew up in their face so now they are going to make us believe otherwise.

Please be safe GOM residents! Consider a vacation for the next two years (at least)! Move North for a while for Heaven's Sake! This is your Country no matter what end it is on, and I am certain the North will open its doors to all of you.

DON'T EAT THE SHRIMP!!! or anything else for that matter! The WH said that it was safe to eat, and safe to swim, please wake up to the Big Fat Liars!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
And in the meanwhile, the earlier well A has been capped whilst well B is likely still gushing. Wondered why all the recent shots of the drilling support vessel area needed sooo many oil scooping ships if 'almost all the oil has gone'...?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is amazing, I wonder what Rush Limbaugh has to say about this. He was gung ho saying that the oil was gone, miraculously consumed by it's surroundings . Someone needs to take this article and smack him between the eyes with it.

I'm with GhostR1der, they needs to check on well B and make sure they aren't pulling the wool over everyone's eyes by capping well A and then acting like its well B. This is exactly what I would expect them to do.

Just like Greensage said, stay away from the shrimp and all of the other seafood out of the Gulf. Unless you have a death wish. It's gonna be ironic and sad when BO and his daughter contract something from swimming in the Gulf just for publicity. There is absolutely no way I would let my children enter those waters. Please, oh please let him be a one term.

I thought the last administration lied, this one is catching up real quick. I can't even watch the evening news anymore. If I wanted b.s. I would watch The Onion.

top topics

join