It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVACUATE NOW!: This is Not a Drill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang
by now we should know that anything is possible
and we are largely on our own.
evacuate to where?

Exactly!! Where do we go! Most of us are short on funds at best and then, even with a few extra quid; where do we go?! We are honkering down right here where we are! My sister, on the other hand, has a whole plan of action for the inevitable with a "safe house" in Ohio!?!

Hell, I don't even have a passport for the "worse comes to worse" situation! I'm keeping an eye on this thread, so PLEASE post updates!!

S&F for your op!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Why are you all getting wound up over nothing?

Didn't think think many Europeans were that gullible.

Stupid idea for a thread, noone reading this will be affected and im not sure what the point of fearmongering is?

I'll be sitting right here in Europe on a deck chair and sunglasses and nothing will happen.

You probably work for an airline going bust and just want extra business.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
An excerpt from this article mentions the issue.

Another fun story the news has covered up is the fires in Russia. We are being told that the area around Chernobyl is burning and that some radiation is blowing across Europe. What we aren’t told is that the secret city of Mayak, an area with nuclear pollution a thousand times higher than Chernobyl, is on fire also. Waste from decades of building nuclear weapons covers miles of open area, radiation now moving into the atmosphere.

Reliable figures place the output as 4 times higher than the Chernobyl disaster. The Mayak facility, as Nichols tells me, is 15 times larger than Chernobyl and is putting 241 million lethal doses of radiation in the air.

He says that if you are in Europe, its time to “get out of Dodge.”

Whether or not the story is authentic, it nevertheless raises the question of how to safely manage nuclear waste and mitigate similar situations as humans. Just cell phone and WiFi radiation give me the creeps.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The problem is, Europe has a population of 831.4 million, including the likes of European Russia and the Ukraine. To put this in perspective for our American friends, the United States has a population of just over 310 million people.

There is no way nearly 3 times the population of The USA can be evacuated. Anyone suggesting it is an right plonker.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Well after the 14,000 hiroshima bombs worth of DU dust from Iraq and who knows what travelling around the world from Afghanistan, Russia is prolly small time...
educate-yourself.org...
pS
Ginseng helps to counter the damages of radiation poisoning, but past a certain point, nothing much will help.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Im in Finland, apart from some smog last week we havnt been suffering much. Record temps and clear skies.
Im not saying im not concerned and keeping an eye on the matter though.

The media here are not too bothered about it, the main gripe seems to be that the cost of wheat products will rise.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It's not relevant that some unknown quantity of radioactive materials will enter the atmosphere. Burning any regular wood will introduce a small amount of radioactive isotopes into the atmosphere. What matters is HOW MUCH of it entered the atmosphere, HOW radioactive it is, and also how dilute it will be when it reaches the ground. There's already a multitude of evidence that this is overblown, and in 6 months time, like usual, I will be saying, "I told you so" to what is the equivalent of a doomsday cult. By the way, I'd be far more concerned about breathing in particulates, over any minute amounts of radioactivity.

Well after the 14,000 hiroshima bombs worth of DU dust from Iraq and who knows what travelling around the world from Afghanistan, Russia is prolly small time...
educate-yourself.org...
pS

What makes fallout dangerous is the fission products, Uranium about as poisonous as lead and relatively harmless. Even if for some reason you believe otherwise, DU has absolutely nothing to do with fallout from Nuclear weapons.

[edit on 17/8/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
well if HAARP really works then maybe we can manipulate where the rainfall occurs and dump it on some of our enemies. any government agents reading this post might want to send that up the ladder for consideration. you're welcome

Funny that you mention HAARP, because some people are speculating that these fires are the direct result of their nefarious activities! If you're into the whole "HAARP is far more powerful than reported" stuff. I''ll just say I have my doubts, but will reserve judgement because I don't have a Ph.D in physics. yet.

Basically the theory goes, different regions on Earth are prone to different natural disasters. Towards the equator, flooding is usually the most dangerous. Further away, drought is the most dangerous. As most of you know, there is currently drought in the north, and heavy flooding towards the equator. Some have speculated that HAARP is responsible for this.

HAARP causing multiple floods/fires simultaneously

edit to add - apparently Sorcha Faal has "its" name the original article/theory. So I guess that makes the theory officially BS. I swear, "Sorcha Faal" must be a whole group of robot monkeys that just continuously watch the news, create wild fantasies, mix them together and unleash upon the conspiracy underground.

I seriously don't understand it, they could be making loads of money, being so creative! I'd like to believe they're well-paid Pied Pipers sponsored by the government or some evil James Bondish villain, but that's again something Sorcha Faal would come up with.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Well it's piddling down on my part of the Sussex Coast
with plenty more rain to come.. so not sure about running somewhere to hide, perhaps somewhere to get a suntan

Tho I am sure those close to these fires should be taking some care with their health given the rubbish that might be thrown up..

So for anyone in the area I hope you are well and hope you keep safe

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
Didn't webbot (yes yes I know) Mention something about radioactive material spreading across the Northern Hemisphere 7 times starting some time in the summer?

Could this be the prediction?

Either way, nothing to joke about or play with. Considering it's really hard for any one average person to detect contaminants in the enviroment.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. You beat me to it. Yep, the prediction was for ill winds crossing the planet. I really, really hope the web bot was wrong, because it predicted that this would kill hundreds of millions to billions of people. Good God, let's pray that the predictions are wrong.

There is a new $10 report out, and I think I might buy it. I wasn't going to, but hmmm....

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
If you want to be taken seriously why the humor in the thread title? Evacuate Europe NOW?!? I'm clearly not wasting my time with this.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Haha evacuate Europe... Well I'm in Latvia right now and I'm planning on staying... If a radioactive dust comes in my direction I believe Ukraine, Poland and Lithuania will announce it. As we are not in Soviet Union and it is not denied to by Soviet government - it's not 1986... And I doubt that something will happen. I mean back in 1986 cloud crossed Latvia - no one knew anything and there wasn't major consequences.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
EVACUATE to Where?

There is no where to run to.

We live on the east coast of the UK.

For the last few weeks, we in our family have been suffering with coughs, inflamed airways, very sore throats, badly itching and burning eyes, general unwellness. There are many others who live near us with the same problems.

I have been giving us all anti histamines, vitamins etc but non of us is improving.

If any of this is being caused by hydrocarbans from the East or for that matter the West, there is nothing we can do about it except perhaps the suggestion for vitamins and supplements.

We are stuck and stuffed much as when Chernobyl went up.

Where on the east cost of England do you live?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajax_andy

Originally posted by Elliot
EVACUATE to Where?

There is no where to run to.

We live on the east coast of the UK.

For the last few weeks, we in our family have been suffering with coughs, inflamed airways, very sore throats, badly itching and burning eyes, general unwellness. There are many others who live near us with the same problems.

I have been giving us all anti histamines, vitamins etc but non of us is improving.

If any of this is being caused by hydrocarbans from the East or for that matter the West, there is nothing we can do about it except perhaps the suggestion for vitamins and supplements.

We are stuck and stuffed much as when Chernobyl went up.

Where on the east cost of England do you live?

From the badge, I would suggest Lewes.

Sorry to but in. Born and Bred in Brighton and Hove myself.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Don't be such dramaqueens.
It';s pretty hairy in Russia at the moment, but it's not that bad as some here would like to make us believe.

There is a danger, but evacuating of Europe is bullcrap.

Stop fearmongering man.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

you just take alook at some of these beautifull children and come back and tell us DU isn't among the worst ideas man ever had

Deformed Iraqi babies caused by USA use of depleted uranium
www.aztlan.net...

Evidences clearly indicate that depleted uranium is blowing in the wind all over the world. [3] Its effects on health are showing up in distant lands. Earlier, gulf war veterans and local civilians were affected; now, of all the places, the US is showing six-fold increase in just lung cancer cases.[4]

The Emerging Ratio
The population of the USA was 298, 298,906 on March 14, 2006, say 298 million.[5] The recorded 172,000 lung cancer cases for January and February 2006 equates to 34 cases per 10,000 persons-men, women and children- up from the previously normal trend line of 5.8 per 10,000 persons per annum, implying that additional 28.2 cases per 10,000 persons have been added and recorded in a short time. It certainly can't be due to more Americans smoking cigarettes and certainly not due to "other unexplained factors" such as lifestyle changes, which do change but over decades, not a few years. The most plausible one is that the air we breathe is contaminated with depleted uranium and it is killing healthy people all over the world.

www.rense.com...

DU?
maybe I should have said DUh
home.clara.net...

just sayin'

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

lol i know im a goreon
or are you refering to the colour bit brite?
i like it

do you realise we are now worried about something the iraqes have
in iraq its depleated uranium
in russia it chenoble
in my country we are nuke free and fine
keep your nuke stuff to yourselfs please
nuke free new zealand

xp

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
Didn't webbot (yes yes I know) Mention something about radioactive material spreading across the Northern Hemisphere 7 times starting some time in the summer?

Could this be the prediction?

Either way, nothing to joke about or play with. Considering it's really hard for any one average person to detect contaminants in the enviroment.

Didn't web-bot say something specific about several million people being WAY too gullible to accept the fact that web-bot doesn't have the capability to predict the future? If not, it should have. That's probably the ONLY prediction it hasn't made. And unfortunately, it's the only prediction that could be considered *correct* thus far.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I could believe it, I live in Cumbria which is north west England and, it is alleged that there is still some traces of radiation up our mountains from the Chernobyl incident, I know at the time the nuclear cloud did reach us.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The most poisonous places known on Earth are in Russia. This doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm just waiting for the inevitable "please America help us we can't do this alone". We'll either send our people, who will die of radiation poisoning for the good of all, or we'll send money that we don't have.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join