It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun,is it brighter and hotter than normal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
When i was younger,the summers didn't seem as hot as now.I am 59 and right now the sun seems to be burning brighter and hotter than normal,i see a big change coming and it has been coming for along time now,don't really know what to call it gobal warming are something else headed our way,but it doesn't look good for us.I am from texas any others out there from the world have any input?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Seems hotter and brighter here in Colorado as well, IMHO anyway, no evidence to that fact, just personal feeling, is all....

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I've been gardening for many years and this is the first year that the sun has been so hot I am drenched in sweat. ( Sorry for the visual!) I'm not talking about doing hard gardening right now, I'm talking about just standing still, reaching up to pick beans. I can last about an hour and then I need to come in and shower. It's been unusually hot and humid this summer in MI.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by virraszto]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I agree!!

It's a different kind of "hot" though... 20 degrees Celsius feels like 40.
A "crispy" sort of heat, eh?..

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
At least over the last 30 years or so there doesn't seem to be any obvious increase in solar output or the amount of energy impacting the upper layers of the atmosphere.
Here's a graph displaying the last 3 solar cycles:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65c8e156fc26.jpg[/atsimg]

Data sources:
www.pmodwrc.ch.../composite/SolarConstant
www.ngdc.noaa.gov...
www.koeri.boun.edu.tr...
www.drao-ofr.hia-iha.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

"Yeah, but it's a dry heat", I know exactly what you mean...

Goes right through ya, somewhat...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

You are so right,i am usually pretty well adapted to heat,but this is like i am burning up, i can't stand to be outside,but even in my house it is still so hot

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Is it?

Or are the layers of atmosphere protecting the planet from harsh solar rays depleting?

I thought the ozone was depleting and more rays were able to penetrate and enter earth's atmosphere.
Correct me if wrong.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Hi well i don't know much about solar output,but just making a statement that the seasons have changed a great deal when i was younger,when winter hit ,it was freezing cold now we had 70 degree weather in Dec,and there is no spring are fall.winter summer that is the two seasons i see now

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I've been a flyfishing guide and outfitter for 20 years and it seems that this year my clients and I head for the truck and turn on the AC for a little relief about 2:00pm. In years past a tree, shade and a cold beer would suffice.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Oh I remember hot summers like these, and honestly there are parts of the country that are feeling cooler temps this year.

link   
I live in canada ontario and i would love it if this heat wave went away but what is killing me is the humidity right now as i type this it is quite cool and can actually relax but in the day it is a different story .

link   
back in the early 60's when i was growing up in missouri, all our winters came with 8ft' snow drifts and the lake we lived on you could drive a bus across the ice,it was so thick. around 1980 i started noticing the winters starting later and the ice becoming thinner.
by 2000 our dear hunting season would become too hot during the afternoon that you dared not to take a dear in fear of it becoming ruined before you got it to a cooler.

as with all things in the universe, things change and go through cycles, and in most cases destroyed

its just the way it is, life itself is just so unpredictable:/

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mumma in pyjamas
Is it?

Or are the layers of atmosphere protecting the planet from harsh solar rays depleting?

I thought the ozone was depleting and more rays were able to penetrate and enter earth's atmosphere.
Correct me if wrong.

Even if that ain't true it sounds very probable but every summer you get high humidity levels so it ain't nothing new .

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
yes the sun at solstice was like a welding arc when i looked down at the ground ....the magnetosphere on the daytime side of the earth is gone

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
i can't find my threads on my ats what happen to them,anyone can help?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I remember back in the mid 70's in Norther Michigan hitting close to 100 F. I remember still swimming after school started because it was so hot. I believe it is cyclical and random. This year we had a relatively cool winter in Phoenix, AZ. Often, by the time March hits we're whining about the heat but this year the hot stuff didn't really kick in until June or so. We had a relatively long winter/spring. But then again, I don't have any data to back that up, it's just what we felt.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The sun appears brighter in the Pacific Northwest today. It was stormy today and when the sun came out it was brighter than ever. Did anyone notice it also?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

I posted to another sun thread the other day that it seems like the sun is more "glarey"...really shines brighter to me lately.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I wish this was true....im frickin freezing...

winter sucks....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join