It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Chances that we'll find ET are pretty good'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

'Chances that we'll find ET are pretty good'

www.msnbc.msn.com

By Clara Moskowitz
updated 8/16/2010 3:52:33 PM EST

SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Proof of extraterrestrial intelligence could come within 25 years, an astronomer who works on the search said Sunday.

"I actually think the chances that we'll find ET are pretty good," said Seth Shostak, senior astronomer at the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence Institute in Mountain View, Calif., here at the SETIcon convention. "Young people in the audience, I think there's a really good chance you're go
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
We don't NEED to find E.T.. They've already found us:

"12,000 different organizations of aliens are studying the Earth. According to today's statistics, there's one alien investigator for every four (4) human beings on Earth."
- page 164 and 165 of "X3, Healing, Entities and Aliens" by Adrian Dvir (a conversation that took place with an alien observer on May 2, 1997)

The first thing I'm going to ask is, Is the purpose of this to warm the masses to the inevitable communication and interaction with alien races?

I found this comment laughable:

". . . it wouldn't take scientists too long to discover an alien signal, Shostak said."

From what I understand, aliens have long since abandoned communication via the signals Earthlings have been using since before we even attempted using these signals. Those soundwaves and impulses being sent out to the universe won't even fall on any ears to speak of.

And communication between us and them won't be that difficult IF we continue to work on our telepathic abilities as this is the main method alien life forms seem to use when working and interacting with different species of life.

www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nivcharah
And communication between us and them won't be that difficult IF we continue to work on our telepathic abilities as this is the main method alien life forms seem to use when working and interacting with different species of life.

I totally agree with this paragraph. Telepathy is the universal method of communication. Humans have lost this ability eons ago. But this ability will come back in the next human evolutionary cycle.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

I don't necessarily believe that we have lost the ability, it has merely been dulled down quite a bit. You can still on a certain level "read" people. And who's to say that et's cannot read us, even though we can't read them? Maybe that's where the whole prayer thing originated?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Telepathy. You said it right there. There is a definite psychic link between this alien and ufo phenomena. As far as the OP, its funny to me how so called experts can estimate and speculate about something that the entire world I'm sure has wondered about at one time or another. As if you needed a degree or better understanding of the world in order to postulate such things.

(edit for spelling)

[edit on 8/16/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nivcharah

"12,000 different organizations of aliens are studying the Earth"???

Your living in a dream world Neo.

There are not 12,000 different alien races watching us. There are not. Got evidence?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
You learn something new every day...

Yesterday, I didn't know that humans were telepathic or that 12,000 alien organizations were watching earth.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Although it would be fascinating to make this kind of discovery this article is full of ambiguous terminology.

"It COULD come in the next 25 years."

"I actually think the chances that we'll find ET are pretty good,"

Had they used wording such as
"I actually think the chances that we'll find ET are highly probable"
It may have created some expectations for me.

They later reveal that the variables applied to the formula to calculate this estimation are not reliable.

"Reliable figures for many of those factors are not known, but some of the leaders in the field of SETI have put together their best guesses."
Later the article quotes Shostak as saying
"These people may know what they're talking about. "

These terms succeed in making a non article. I feel it was pretty good chance that maybe we might not have gained anything from reading this article but I'm not sure perhaps my theory on this is unreliable.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
LOL and i should believe that "source" why? Sounds like any other science fiction book out there.

Originally posted by Nivcharah

We don't NEED to find E.T.. They've already found us:

"12,000 different organizations of aliens are studying the Earth. According to today's statistics, there's one alien investigator for every four (4) human beings on Earth."
- page 164 and 165 of "X3, Healing, Entities and Aliens" by Adrian Dvir (a conversation that took place with an alien observer on May 2, 1997)

The first thing I'm going to ask is, Is the purpose of this to warm the masses to the inevitable communication and interaction with alien races?

I found this comment laughable:

". . . it wouldn't take scientists too long to discover an alien signal, Shostak said."

From what I understand, aliens have long since abandoned communication via the signals Earthlings have been using since before we even attempted using these signals. Those soundwaves and impulses being sent out to the universe won't even fall on any ears to speak of.

www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think we communicate with the aliens without ever even knowing it.
I believe Tesla admitted that all his genius came from aliens and i know i see images in my mind about things i have no clue about there origins.

it seems some outside source is programming me to think thoughts about things for me to put to practical application, just as Tesla had admitted.

to truly think about it, do any of us have an original thought?

chances are it all comes from our ET programmers.

I should think further into the phenomenon and get back to you all later

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadie

The reason we have lost this ability (most of it anyway) is because we were disconnected from the universal circuits 160,000 years ago, when the 1st wave of humans rebelled against the founding race.
This disconnection is also called by many "the original sin".

*Note: i cannot prove any of the words i have written

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Interesting take on things. The evidence really is open to interpretation.

link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Your living in a dream world Neo.

There are not 12,000 different alien races watching us. There are not. Got evidence?

This is the ONLY time I am going to state this on this thread:

Unless you can actually get the author who wrote the book I sourced and the alien who made that statement to state otherwise, you don't have evidence contrary to theirs. If you don't believe in aliens, then don't bother reading the thread. I'm looking for intelligent discussion on this topic.

This thread is a post about a news article warming up Americans to the fact that aliens DO exist. Now that a scientist has said, "maybe in 25 years we'll have contact" do NOT be surprised when the world of science keeps pushing that date up instead of back.

With all the coverage in the news lately (especially in the midwest where people seem to be the most conservative in this country) regarding UFO's and "potential" alien contact, it feels like I'm swimming in a pool and the MSM is turning up the thermometer degree by degree to prevent the shock of the hot water when we are finally communicating face-to-face or mind-to-mind with ALF's.

People keep saying "disclosure is coming", but I think the disclosure is already happening in a very controlled manner to prevent mass hysteria from occuring on "D-Day".

In fact, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if good old Pres. Obama used this as a tactict to keep himself in office for another term cuz "See what a great job I did at saving the planet from destruction by the aliens! I can be King, I mean, President of the world! Now re-elect me."

link   
reply to post by Nivcharah

S&F!

I hope SETH from that article is right!

I for one would love to find E.T.

nice thread.

sincerely,
E.T.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
Telepathy is the universal method of communication. Humans have lost this ability eons ago. But this ability will come back in the next human evolutionary cycle.

Speculation can be fun ....... but you speak with the certainty of a one, armed with proof . Do you have any for these claims ?

As for your comment regarding Evolution ...... it is not a wish-list , just wanting it (as cool and all as telepathy would be) is just not enough .

How do you imagine telepathy works ?

By what means do these thoughts/etc transmit ?

[edit on 16-8-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Evidence is only used for psychological interpretation. Unfortunately, most humans rely on outside sources to acquire knowledge, instead of getting the information from within (source).
The polarized mind is one of the obstacles to inner knowing (connection to the universal circuits). Another important obstacle is the memory of the human race, which is, in my point of view, dead memory.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Well I was a solipsist from the very start, so thats where the knowledge came from, internally. As long as you stay true to yourself, the answer can be found within. Agreed.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

To be fair he said "organizations" not "races"
But im with you, just because some guy made a book to make money we should not take it for what it says.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
reply to post by Roadie

The reason we have lost this ability (most of it anyway) is because we were disconnected from the universal circuits 160,000 years ago, when the 1st wave of humans rebelled against the founding race.
This disconnection is also called by many "the original sin".

*Note: i cannot prove any of the words i have written

Well if you have no proof for those fantastical claims ....... what are you basing it on ? You seem to have a fairly well developed idea ..what is its source(s) ?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think a LOT of people on here are in serious need of medication...or at least need to go talk with someone. Aliens invading your thoughts? Ummm....okay.....uh i got ya.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by princeofpeace]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join