It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Doesn’t Anyone Good or Honest Lead Us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
As a non-Christian, I still found this article about the lack of good people in politics very thought provoking. www.thetrumpet.com...
It’s easy to believe that if only more good people entered politics, they would easily clear many of their rivals, of their votes. The Trumphet blames end time prophercy for our predicament, and that’s where I started thinking of the other reasons…

1. TV and Power Certainly Mix, but Does TV & Democracy?
Both the English and American democracies became democratic many decades, before television, became a major force of influence (in the 1950-60’s).
And it (just so happens) nearly all, the major heroes (I could list from the top of my head) (and I suspect many other people could too!) rose to power, either without the use of telivision at all, or with it only being a small addition to their long climb.

For example one can liken…
President Lincon to George Washington,
Washington to Winston Churchill
Churchill to Admiral, Lord Nelson
And Nelson Mandelia can be likend to Martain Luther King

But who in government today would you liken to these great men? (And maintain a straight face!)

2. Too Much Information
Perhaps TV is just making the public more informed of the faults of our leaders?
E.g. Winston Churchill was the first man to want to gas the Kurds (back in the 1920’s occuptauion of Iraq)

"I do not understand this squeamishness about the use of gas. I am strongly in favour of using gases against uncivilised tribes."--Winston S Churchill, Great Britain’s then Colonial Secretary, referring to the Kurds, in an official communication, 1921

He was also very racist, pro nationalistic,

"I do not admit that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia by the fact that a stronger race has come in and taken their place."--Winston S Churchill

exophobic, homophobic, (and very free spirited, in how he talked and thought!).
www.whale.to...
He went down in history as a hero, because without him (as leader) the British war effort against Nazi Germany may well, have ended in a truce. After all Germany was (itself) far stronger than us; and it was acturally 3 years into our war, that their empire peaked in 1942 (having conquered France, and most of Russia-Europe in the meantime!).
But (as a British Jew) there can be no doubt Churchill had every incentive to fight. After all, even with a truce, he (and his entire race) would still have faced the long-term threat of descrimination, deportation and even death, by “British” political actions, sponsored (or perhaps even ultimately demanded) by the Nazi Germany. For Churchill there was no choice.

However given many of these things aren’t widely known today, could it be (that providing he learnt to keep his mouth shut) these views wouldn’t necesasarily hinder a Modern Churchill today?

3. Media Agenda Driven, Political Correctness, Demanded from Our Representatives
It’s the “providing you keep your mouth shut” element that provides the first telivision test against candiates having any morality. I believe that (because Churchill believed himself to be a good in mind & intent) he would not have kept his mouth shut. If so, he would today be branded a racist, nationalist and therefore told the only party where he could expect to win support is the BNP.

The problem with good people is we are relucant to make “the end” justify “the means”. Today all of politics is built around deception, and we see it almost every time a politican “answers” a question.
Almost by definition, A-moral people have little problem surrendering their beliefs in exchange for gain (like towards, power!)
And whenenever someone resighns out of conscience, a consequence is that they leave future wrongs, to be made without their oversight-influence.

The lesson of Mikhail Gorbachev…
Gorbachev was the Russian leader who destroyed Soviet Communism by saying he supported it (and just wanted to reform it). Then once in power, he planned the replacment of Soviet Communism with experiments into both democracy and Capitalism. The idea of change, provoked a brief, military coup, against him. But these conspirators lacked popular support, and had clearly failed when President Yeltsin made a pro-reform speech above one their Tanks (evidently with the full support of its crew!!). And said:

"Soldiers, officers, generals. The clouds of terror and dictatorship are gathering over the whole country. They must not be allowed to bring eternal night."
news.bbc.co.uk... www.time.com...

Thanks to the Soviet conspirators, both the Cold War, and Soviet Union ended in chaos. But had Gorachev not been unlawfully overthrown, he would almost have certainly ended both the Cold War, and the Soviet Communism anyway.

Gorbachev & Yeltsin became heroes, not by resighning, or by resorting to terrorism-illeagle activity. Instead they did it by having the nerve to participate in what they opposed, in order to change-progress it. Surely a lessen for us all?

What other obstacles to good people in power, does this forum see?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Politics is a game. You do realize that don't you? Once you figure out the whole thing is a sham things start to make more sense. They dont' want us to have good and honest leaders because they manipulate things behind the scenes.
How open is your mind?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The reason honest people don't lead us is due to a phenomenon known in the gangster days as "ventilation"

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
you cant make money helping the little guy,

second

peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

How open is your mind

I like to think, open enough to ask How & Why, but closed enough not to believe every complaint.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Because good and honest becomes a prime target for bad and evil at every step of the way? And unlike in the movies, good doesn't always win the battles...though I still believe it will win the war.

This plus it takes a certain amount of ego and even some deceptive and manipulative ways to make it very far in the traditional roles of leadership we have established for ourselves.

Leaders, good or bad, face hard and unpopular choices everyday, and in the end they're only human. About half the time those choices will be not be the right ones. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. And then this in turn provides more opportunity for evil.

And, if we're talking politics? Well politics just might be inherently evil and unnatural. Seems to be a hotbed of corruption that entrenches itself deeper and deeper as people stay in it longer.

And as you alluded to, people are more under a microscope today. Heck, I betcha some saints never would have achieved sainthood if TV and the internet and all their pundits were around back then. They manage to crucify even the best of people for the worst of reasons, it seems.

Thanks for making me think for a minute. Interesting topic.

[edit on 8/16/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My personal belief is that to get anywhere remotely near a position of political power, then one has to tread on a few toes beforehand.

To succeed in politics you have to be willing to be ruthless and compromise your principles.

Any honest and good person in politics would immediately seek to curtail the power and influence of big business; but who do you get your money from to run a successful campaign ? It certainly didn't grow on trees !

Don't get me wrong, there are some seemingly genuinely principled people in politics; for example, Ron Paul.
But, then again, he's got absolutely no chance of ever becoming president of the USA.

One of the sad things is that possibly the majority of the population truly believes that their leaders and politicians are benevolent and genuinely principled, yet don't see the true, sinister nature of politics and government.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I agree, but id probably say its more like a show than a game, a puppet show. The man behind the curtain controls both puppets with his left hand and his right hand he plays the left and right off against each other like they are on opposite teams but its the brain in the centre behind the curtain which controls the whole show. The hidden men in control will use the puppets for their malevolent agenda once they have the support of the crowd and then the crowd will turn on them and start throwing tomatoes, so the puppet master just throws that puppet away and pulls out a new one and the crowd starts cheering again, and on it repeats. The crowd only gets to see the face of the men running the show once its all over, or at the "end time".

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Game? Show? Does it make my point any less valid? Its all BS!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Would anyone 'Good' or 'Honest' actually want the job??

Can't recall who said it...googled and can't find it...but I distinctly recall one country's leader saying "Anyone who actually wants the job of running a country either has no clue what is involved - so shouldn't get the job...or are nuts - so probably shouldn't get the job either."

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

What I meant was, how far are you willing to go if it indeed destoys much of everything you have come to know and believe up to this point. Most people when confronted with ideas that challenge their "world" tend to put up a wall and refuse to listen. If your mind is truly open, then explore away, come to know the world and how it truly works.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Why don't good and honest people get elected? That's because the guy who claimed he was going to have to raise taxes and cut spending didn't get as many votes as the guy who said the government should provide Health Care for everyone.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

Good people lead in their community.

Honest people are the modern day leaper.

The average "civilized" person can't be bothered to participate in politics because their favorite show takes priority in life.

To be honest, it would be good if people quit participating in the entire technocratic system for 90 days.

That would reboot the world.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
In order to make it all the way to the top, you have to be cunning and inherently corrupt. Nice, honest leaders would never even come close to making it anywhere near the top and this is just the sad fact of our political system.

In order to get funding, you have to appease corporate and special interests. You also have to appease the pro-Israel lobby. Basically, you have to prove your loyalty to everyone but the American public.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Who is more likely to have drive and incentive to seek power over others? A good, honest man, or a power-hungry psycopath? It's is natural for those who seek power to pursue power. Why should someone who wants only

I propose that you put me in charge. I fully expect to take liberties with power, and when pretty young interns crawl under my desk, I fully intend to enjoy it. But I won't lie to you about it. So at least you'll have someone honest in charge.

What other obstacles to good people in power, does this forum see?

The established guard probably don't want to see any good, honest men take their place. A powermonger understands a powermonger. But how can he relate to a man who prefers truth and beauty to power and control? How can he bargain with and manipulate him? How terrified must he be of a man he cannot bribe or extort?

The sadists and the psycopaths who seek positions of power surely also seek to keep company only with others of similar mindset.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Politics is a Play ! An ACT ! Politicians are ACTORS ! Where does the phrase ACT of Parliament come from ? Its all an ACT played out in the theatre (Houses of Parliament) Laws/Stautes, get enACTED there . The question is... who are the producers and directors ?

(Please substitute the necessary equals for the U.S. !)

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The reason we do not have any good people in power is that to get into power you have to lie and cheat your way there. So by the time you actually arrive you are already a total muppet!

Also anyone who has the experience to run the country effectively will have a closet full of things to hide from the media if they had a run at office. So there really isn't much point in destroying your family and life just on the off chance you might get into power!

Much better to fight from the outside and work collectively for your community and family, Oh and you have to leave the country for a third world nation where you are not constantly having someone fist put somewhere unpleasant in the name or law and order, medical equality or Federal taxes.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

All the good folks who enter politics become disillusioned and leave.If you want to be a party member you need to get on your knees for the controlling influences.
You have to lie, back stab and allow yourself to be corrupted.

end time warrior said it's a game.
Absolutely and when you play poker against a bunch of guys with aces up their sleeves the chances of winning are negligible

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
because your not good and honest enough for a leader to lead you in direct parallel to your own virtues.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
We all know how puppets had been running the shows, manipulated by our masters behind. The only true Democracy americans saw was in the early years of its founding.

The discovery of oil and the technology of railroads with the wealth it brought corrupted the biz people, who were largely uneducated field hands who got lucky and knows nothing about enlightenment and only the narrow percepts of the dark age bible, if they even bothered to then.

First world war terrified these immensely wealthy people on the power of might, and with the depression, frightened them with the loss of such wealth.

The few that still had wealth decided it was up to them to maintain their wealth, and not to depend on politics to serve them. Using their wealth, they manipulated wealth behind the scences, buying and trading politicians who were obedient to their cause - the maintenance of wealth and power.

These illiterates had largely been successful, for wealth brought them intelligence bought and paid to proclaim issues that they wish proclaim or to deny. Their offsprings continued the tradition till today.

Even if you are as rich as Bill Gates, provided you have the honest and integrity of George Washington, you can never challenge the cabal of the rockerfellas or the rothschilds.

Within their vaults lies vast amount of monies built up over decades if not centuries, as well as signed allegiance (slavery) documents by the intelligentsia to toe their line.

The only way to win is to topple these monsters, but they had been so intelligently intwined within the fabric of society that to destroy them would be to tear the very social fabric of societies.

Corporations will be burnt to the ground, services halted, etc, and millions will be left in suffering for decades in order to rebuild, precious human lives you and I cannot afford to lose.

Thus, there left only one way - negotiate directly with them, these rich and affluent cabal. Stop the slavery and they can maintain their wealth, or at least a portion of it that they and their generations will never need to work again.

Basing on today's financial instruments, $30 million is more than enough for a father to live and bequeth to the eldest child for eternity. This amount can still be adjusted and room for further negotiations.

There is no need for war or decimation of precious human lives. They may think 500 million slaves left on Earth, with mental alteration to their minds will ensure obedience, but all it takes is just one enlightened, and there will be 500 million cunning cutthroats at their door one day.

As long as this cabal still rules and maintains its policies to protect their wealth, there will be no good or honest men to lead.

It is either we all destroy ourselves in one moment of blazing glory to wipe each other out, or we find ways and means to negotiate for a peaceful end to slavery, based upon humanity's common aspiration of peace, equality, justice, prosperity and progress.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join