It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon report: China extending military reach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Article

The Chinese could start building their first aircraft carrier this year, and China has started to train pilots to operate off such carriers. It already has a Russian carrier that it is refurbishing.

Aww, their first air craft carrier. How cute.

Why would the mainstream media fear monger us if China doesn't even have an aircraft carrier yet? The rest of the article talks about how they are working on long range missles that will travel 900 miles and could hit US Navy ships. Well, US Navy ships are all over the place, so they don't even need to go 900 miles to hit them. And who cares? America has military installations all over the place, not to mention nukes, so let them build up their military - it's only in response to ours. Every nation deserves to be able to defend itself.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by againuntodust]
edit for typos

[edit on 16-8-2010 by againuntodust]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well considering we have lost wars against Vietnam, North Korea, Iraq, and Afghanistan, I'd say they don't need an aircraft carrier, considering we lose all the time to third world countries. I laugh in the face of American Patriotism these days. It is akin to brain washing.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I agree with the OP.

Read george Friedman "the next 100 years". China simply is not in a place to challenge anyone, let alone the USA. They are feeling bravado at the moment because of the economy, but the USA has many things in her favor right now. And China doesn't. However, the USA will use this to justify defense spending and while it may be true that hyper missiles are the future, they are not now. Stow the ignorance and learn.

And with China? They are still in a third world status. Dirt floors and such. 2115 they will be the world power. But not now.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

The reason the Nazi's were defeated was because of numbers.

In a one on one fight, the Americans would have been THUMPED by the Nazi's.

China has more numbers than anyone.
It does mean a great deal in war, how many men you have at your bidding to send into combat.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Originally posted by Arc Angel

They are still in a third world status. Dirt floors and such. 2115 they will be the world power.

Be carefull about judging how weak, they are. As remember: If you raise a dollar from everyone in the U.S you have 300 million. If you raise the same in China you have 1.2 billion.

But as the OP said: “AWW, their first air craft carrier. How cute.”

Britain has had them since WW2, and has despite budget cuts is going ahead with two more: en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting thing is the U.K population of 60 million, is 20 times less than China’s 1.2 billion.

Then again famous Australian PM (Arthur Calwell) once said: “two wongs don’t make a white”
Self-evidently in the fields of technology & war, this is still (somehow) true. Which (kinda!) makes me think there is either a God who looks after us, or our genes carry something special for us.

I'm not saying China is dumb, not at all, as I know they're very clever.
I'm just thinking maybe we shouldn't expect them to take over the world, in the same ways we would-have?

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

I'm not saying China is dumb, not at all, as I know they're very clever.
I'm just thinking maybe we shouldn't expect them to take over the world, in the same ways we would-have?

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

Good thinking on your part.

But sadly, it WAS america that followed the Chinese precedent to dominate the world.

China is a civilisation with recorded history of 5000 years. They had their wars and knew it was stupid. They only went to wars when necessary and if they could win.

Other times, they would be satitsfied with the tributary system. And that was the system the early founding fathers of USA did instead of following the western concept of painful colonisation.

China is not keen to feed further mouths. Better they get access or deny trade and use such means to dominate others. And yet, their own domination will end one day when the poor masses see the disparity and corruption of wealth.

The western world only need to sit back, and engage more with the chinese masses, to help educate them on universal freedom and free will, will a more responsible leadership rise to challenge the CCP or change it within....if we still have time..

new topics

top topics

join