It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MMS Miracle Supliment Recalled By FDA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I am ashamed to say that I was one of the dumb asses who actually bought Jim Humbles miracle mineral supplement .... and I didn't need to have the FDA tell me that it was bad, I found out the hard way.

Sick as a dog constant diarrhea for days and a burning sensation in my heart.

I felt so bad that there is no way on earth I could see this as doing anything beneficial for me.

I put the stuff in the cupboard and forgot about it and I would NEVER EVER touch it again.

Well

This morning I got this in my inbox

URGENT: MMS Product Recall Notice

Dear Customer, You are receiving this email because our records indicate you may have purchased a product called "MMS" from our company at some time in the past.

Following discussion with FDA officials, Project GreenLife is effecting an immediate voluntary recall of its sodium chlorite solution product labeled "MMS Professional - Miracle Mineral Solution - Premium Water Purification Drops".

Questions and answers on voluntary recall of Project GreenLife's sodium chlorite product:

Q. What products are affected by this recall? A. Sodium chlorite solution, labeled as "MMS Professional - Miracle Mineral Solution - Premium Water Purification Drops" distributed by PGL International, LLC. This product comes in a 4 oz green plastic bottle. This recall is for all lot numbers.

Q. Why was this product recalled? A. PGL International, LLC is initiating this voluntary recall because of safety concerns raised by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in regards to chlorine dioxide. As a precautionary measure, the company is recalling all sodium chlorite product, effective August 13, 2010.

Q. What should I do if I resell or have ever resold this product? A. Quit selling this product and inform anyone you have sold this product to in the past by sending them a copy of this recall communication.

Q. What should I do if I have some of this product? A. The FDA recommends that consumers stop using this product.

Further distribution or use of any remaining product should cease immediately. If you have any unused product, you may seal the container and return it to the address provided below. Shipping account information will be provided upon request.

PGL will work with all customers to make them whole. If you have any questions or comments, please email [email protected].

PGL International, LLC 2533 N Carson St Ste 1991 Carson City, NV 89706

People are going to say this is an FDA conspiracy and who knows it might be but I did the lab rat testing on "me" and I know that there is no benefit promised that would ever get me to put one more drop of this rubbish into my body.

You're looking at a sucker of Pseudo Science ..... ME!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What prompted you to take this in the first place? Did someone suggest it to you or do you actively seek "miracle" drugs and minerals on the web?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

well we all learn the hard way dont we?

we tend to learn on our own expense always.

i hope it didnt harm you or will harm you in the long term

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I would not send them your remaining product. Rather, I would find out if there are any class action lawsuits, or I would contact the FDA to find out if you are able to legally file for damages of any sort. Also, contact a lawyer, and show them the letter. The consultation would likely be free. Don't just sit around and do nothing, you are a victim of corporate greed and you need to find out how you can get reparations.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
ROFL everything posted in this thread is rediculous. First of all MMS is sold as a water purifier and if you mix it with citrus acid to form chlorine dioxide a powerful oxidant you do so at your own risk. Second of all i have used activated MMS and i don't feel any ill effects although once on an empty stomach i took 14 drops activated and vomited and had diarrehah but that went away in around 8 hours. What chlorine dioxide does in your body is oxidize pathogens that cannot surivive the oxidation process. Ozone oxidation processes are used in hospitals to aid patients. I used MMS 4 hours before posting this and didn't feel any adverse effects. I believe it comes down to how much you use and how many pathogens are in your system.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There was recently a thread where an ATS member was asking for advice on his sons Leukemia... Someone recommended this stuff!!!

Read up people, always research what you're putting into your body...

This stuff is literally (yes - literally) BLEACH.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

This product has been around for a couple of years. I've done research and i started using it, in very small doses. I never experienced any side effects but my health has improved a lot. This is just my personal experience.
On a side note, i have also received this email because i got this product online.
By the way, i do not trust any information or advice coming from the FDA, or any of the triple letter agencies in the US of A.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
not surprising ! Under Obama the FDA has become a subsidiary of Monsanto . Here in ONtario Canada colloidal silver has recently disappeared from the selves , just in time for vaccine season . .

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
well..ok..let me just say that my friend had cancer in his lungs real badd. he started doing the MMS thing and it literally got rid of the cancer in his body..you have to follow the instructions to the letter..start out with 1 drop mixed the move up to 2 and so on..you can't just start at 14-15 drops..that's just stupid...it does work and the FDA can kiss your and my @$$..

remember to read the instructions..that's why they are there...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational
There was recently a thread where an ATS member was asking for advice on his sons Leukemia... Someone recommended this stuff!!!

Read up people, always research what you're putting into your body...

This stuff is literally (yes - literally) BLEACH.

No do some research it is not bleach. Bleach is Sodium Hypochlorite non activated MMS is sodium chlorite. Bleach is NaClO non activated MMS is NaClO2 that extra Oxygen atom makes the molecole more stable than bleach. But the main use of MMS is to use the NaClO2 to make ClO2 you do this by adding Citric Acid.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by epsilon69

Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS): Product as consumed produces a potent bleach

[Posted 07/30/2010]

AUDIENCE: Consumers, Emergency Medicine

ISSUE: FDA warned consumers not to consume or use Miracle Mineral Solution, an oral liquid solution also known as "Miracle Mineral Supplement" or "MMS." The product, when used as directed, produces an industrial bleach that can cause serious harm to health. The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration.

Enough said.

[edit because EX tags suck]

[edit to also say - yes, by itself it is not. However, as you should always follow the directions with any product - the product becomes a bleach when properly administered - thus the product is a bleach, yes literally
]

[edit because my grammar sucks]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I knew Jim Humble when he was selling mining equipment in Trona Calif.

He has a colorful past. and is not the most honest person around.
curezone.biz...
curezone.biz...
curezone.biz...
curezone.biz...

Before using MMS you need to read Jims disclaimers
jimhumble.biz...
jimhumble.biz...

This page provides information about MMS (Miracle Mineral Solution) which is a well known salt in solution. The information is not a substitute for licensed medical professionals who can diagnose, treat, and give medical advice. This page informs people about an alternative health option that non-professional people sometimes use as voluntary experimental researchers. These MMS web sites describe the use of chlorine dioxide which has been in use since 1950 for limited internal and external use - city water supplies, swimming pools, stabilized oxygen, and water purification tablets. The use of MMS and these descriptions are not representing the practice of medicine. These MMS pages assume no responsibility for how people use these informative materials. No products are sold or shipped from this web site. No money is collected or billed.

www.jimhumble.com...

If you read all the disclaimers you find he makes no real claims for MMS and tries to claim no responsibilities for its use.

Jim Humble does not sell MMS he sells the chemical under another name and use,( water purification) to a network of dealers that repackage it in containers with the MMS label on it.
He does this to limit his liability and to put the legal blame on the dealers.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational
reply to post by epsilon69

[Posted 07/30/2010]

AUDIENCE: Consumers, Emergency Medicine

ISSUE: FDA warned consumers not to consume or use Miracle Mineral Solution, an oral liquid solution also known as "Miracle Mineral Supplement" or "MMS." The product, when used as directed, produces an industrial bleach that can cause serious harm to health. The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration.

Enough said.

[edit because EX tag sucks]

[edit to also say - yes, by itself it is not. However, as you should always follow the directions with any product - the product becomes a bleach when properly administered - thus the product is a bleach, yes literally
]

Yes Chlorine Dioxide is used as an industrial cleaner and sanitizer, but so are alot of things that we use. Like the foaming agent in your shampoos SLS, this is used as an industrial cleaner too. In my post i meant that MMS is not the same chemical compound as household bleach.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The topic is misleading, the recall is from the distributor not the FDA, the FDA has issued a warning.www.fda.gov...
My family and friends have all used Sodium Chlorite @ 28% solution with no ill effects, 15 drops twice a day for a week, when mixed with 7 ounces of juice after activating with citric acid the ratio works out to 233 drops of juice to one drop of 28% solution of sodium chlorite, seems to me to be a pretty weak solution of "bleach" as mentioned. Although similar I would suggest Chlorine in your drinking water at the commone 4ppm and the amount ingested, breathed etc of more concern.
The National Cancer Institute believes that those of us who consume chlorinated water have a 93% increased risk of many cancers, in part because it combines naturally with organic matter in water to make trihalomethanes—molecules that contribute to the formation of cancer.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

It is against the law for anyone in the US to make certain kinds of medical or "cure" claims without a license which is why people are limited in their discussion or claims regarding health topics, or substances,
so to impune personal reasons for Humbles disclaimers is sort of disengenous.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I've used chlorine dioxide and, except for one or two instances of nausea, I've had great effects with it.
I'm going to continue to use it as a prn because I'm fairly sure that I won't need it every day.
A few drops once a week is plenty for me.
And, I have to say, it works really well.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So, I received an email from the MMS mailing list today and I was wondering if any of you wanted to read it.
I'm not going to cut and paste the whole thing because there's a lot of nonsense in it, but there's certainly some decent commentary in it.
If any of you want snipits or the email in it's entirety, just let me know.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
MMS is wonderful if you use it correctly. Like someone else said before - read and follow the directions. And even if you do not use it correctly, it will not do permanent harm to you - it just gives you nausea and makes you vomit or get the runs but that is because of the toxins your body is releasing.

I use MMS as soon as I start to get a sore throat and it will soon be gone. I have even cured Strep Throat using an MMS gargle for a couple of days.

I have brushed my teeth with it and seen my mouth become healthier.

I have taken MMS when a tooth has started to hurt. The MMS got rid of the bacteria hitting my nerves so the tooth pain was no longer there.

I have used MMS to treat athletes foot.

I have used MMS on a fresh burn and the pain was almost instantly gone and the blister went away very fast.

MMS truly does work and it was only a matter of time before the FDA got involved. Instead of running away scared of it, you all should be considering buying some before it is illegal to sell.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sodium chlorite is an industrial byproduct.

I don't care whether it works or not. MY question is how this joker can get away with charging $20 for a tiny vial of this stuff, when he's buying the raw chemical for PENNIES.

For crying out loud, you can by sodium chlorite in chemical shops for CHEAP, you'd just have to dilute it yourself before you could use it.

All he does is dilute the raw chemical, package it, and then mark up the price like 8000%. It's ludicrous!

I personally would never use the stuff, especially not as a preventive, but I've got no problem with people who do and find that it works for them.
Good for you.

But PLEASE - don't be a sucker. Don't pay real money for this stuff. It's practically free if you just get it somewhere other than him.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird
Sodium chlorite is an industrial byproduct.

I don't care whether it works or not. MY question is how this joker can get away with charging $20 for a tiny vial of this stuff, when he's buying the raw chemical for PENNIES.

You pay $20 for a bottle that lasts for months, even years. It works out to be something like a penny or two per dose. You dont get a tiny vial, you get a small bottle of it.

A dose is literally between 1 DROP and 15 DROPS at a time. The $20 you spend goes a looooong way.

Funny how people are so quick to bash something they know nothing about..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join