It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride mouthrinse program to re-start in schools this year (in Ohio)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Fluoride mouthrinse program to re-start in schools this year (in Ohio)

www.cleveland.com

The Ohio Department of Health's school-based fluoride mouthrinse program will be reinstated for the upcoming school year.

In the 2008-2009 school year, about 39,000 students from 150 elementary schools across the state participated in the program, which targets communities without sufficiently fluoridated water.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
answers.yahoo.com
www.thefamilyhomestead.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Guess where your fluoride comes from? China!
www.abovetopsecret.com...]
Response Protocol for Chronic Fluoride Poisoning/Fluoride Allergic Reaction

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Krzyzmo]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Here comes the flouride blasts again. Flouride is a poison. There are poison labels on every bag of flouride shipped in. Not only are we getting bombed with this poison in our drinking and bathing water, now we get to let the kids receive a major dose of it all in the comforts of school.

Does your school system have a Fluoride mouthrinse program?

snippet from: www.thefamilyhomestead.com...

Prior to 1945 fluoride was considered a toxic waste that caused many law suits due to its improper disposal. It is the waste product of chemical fertilizers and aluminum processing. Fluoride is more toxic than lead and slightly less toxic than arsenic. Fluoride builds up in your body, in the bones. An excess of fluoride in the system can cause damage to the immune system, contribute to calcification of soft tissues, worsen arthritis and cause dental fluorosis in children, which is unsightly white, yellow or brown spots found on teeth.

www.cleveland.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Krzyzmo]

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Mon Aug 16 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here is my thread on Response Protocol for Chronic Fluoride Poisoning/Fluoride Allergic Reaction.

Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is plenty of text there and information to learn about the danger's of Fluoride poisoning.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is precisely why Govt. should have no business in education and even economy.

Limited Govt.!

It's the only way

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

Flouride is a poison

Anything can be deadly when used inappropriately, the modern use of fluoride isn't harmful.

There are poison labels on every bag of flouride shipped in

Again intentionally misleading. Yes, it's used in rat poison, which is obviously not very healthy. Despite the obvious fact that somethings toxicity is primarily based on it's dosage, you're basically stating anything used in rat poison, regardless of ingredient, is poison. For example, with this reasoning, sodium fluoride, which is allegedly "poison", contains sodium. You consume sodium everyday, therefore you are consuming poison. A bit of a stretch, no?

I guess I have to do some work to address that mountain of propaganda...

Prior to 1945 fluoride was considered a toxic waste that caused many law suits due to its improper disposal.

Prior to 1945, fluoride was already acknowledged as already occurring naturally in water as calcium fluoride, also that populations that were consuming the higher, reasonable, doses of naturally occurring fluoride had overall improved their teeth.

Over ninety years ago, in 1908, Dr. Frederick S. McKay started his first investigations in Colorado Springs which involved examination and charting of the teeth of 2,945 local school children. Over the years, Dr. McKay personally authored over 40 papers regarding the cause of 'Colorado Brown Stain' (mottling) and the benefits of fluoride.

In 1935 to 1936 Dr. Trendley Dean was appointed by the United States Public Health Service (USPHS) to study fluoridated areas. He compared the populations of Colorado Springs and Pueblo to other cities and concluded in 1936 that water which contained one ppm fluoride cause mottling in its 'very mildest form' in ten per cent of the population. If the water contained 2.5 ppm fluoride, 75 to 80 per cent had mottling. Thus, he concluded, by keeping the fluoride content of the water at 1.5 ppm or less, mottling was unlikely to occur.

So your statement is kind of a moot point regardless.

It is the waste product of chemical fertilizers and aluminum processing

Misleading use of the words "waste product". Are they literally just dumping crates that are built by factories and putting into the water...? No. It's being recycled etc.

Fluoride is more toxic than lead and slightly less toxic than arsenic

Again with this toxicity argument. Hydrogen fluoride, which is probably what you refer to as the byproducts that factories use, is considerably harmful. Sodium and calcium fluoride, not so much.

An example; Women dies in water-drinking contest. Now, do you think the water or fluoride killed her? After all, you think fluoride is some poisonous, toxic stuff...

Oh, but what's in water? Hydrogen and oxygen, does that mean that they are inherently toxic or poisonous? No.

There is also evidence that fluoride can cause cancer and increase hip fractures.

The Nation Cancer Institute would disagree with fluoride causing cancer and the American Dental Association does not support any link between bone health.

According to generally accepted scientific knowledge, the ingestion of optimally fluoridated water does not have an adverse effect on bone health. Exposure to fluoride at levels considered optimal for the prevention of dental decay appears to have no significant impact on bone mineral density.

An excess of fluoride in the system can cause...

Can you link any legitimate studies that show what concentration of fluoride can cause what you've listed? Beyond that, you're not supposed to be consuming "excess" amounts fluoride. We're not talking about what happens when a baby eats 15 pounds of fluoride...

Many communities that fluoridate their water have amounts that could cause 3rd stage Crippling Skeletal Fluorosis

Wikipedia states;

Common causes of fluorosis include inhalation of fluoride dusts/fumes by workers in industry, use of coal as an indoor fuel source (a common practice in China), consumption of fluoride from drinking water (naturally occurring levels of fluoride in excess of the CDC recommended safe levels), and consumption of fluoride from the drinking of tea, particularly brick tea.

It also says;

Symptomatic skeletal fluorosis is almost unknown in the U.S., with about a dozen cases reported.

Seems to be a conflict of information here, I'll let you sort it out.

Also worth noting that the common causes of fluorosis don't originate from the consumption of sodium fluoride in the water supply...

The FDA admits that there are no properly done double-blind studies that show that fluoride treatments are helpful

Already partially addressed with the "prior to 1945..." part, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Give me the source for your statement.

Information regarding fluoride including benefits

I found were, most dentists don’t take the time to study this topic

I'll admit I have no source, but I'd argue that most, if not all, dentists are somewhat knowledgeable about fluoride and aware of the unreasonable opposition to it.

So why do dentists continue to push this??

Why do we "push" something that works...?

Damage done to children’s teeth can require more cosmetic type dentistry and this is a big money maker for them.

Evil dentists are in on it I tell you...No,no,no...THE COMMIES! A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard core commie works!

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Whyhi]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I remember when I was in elementary school, and they made all of us take this flouride mouthwash. It cost a dollar that the parents had to pay on a weekly basis(Hmmm, Let's pay to poison our children). I never felt right when I had to do it, and told my mom to stop making me do it which she did. Something told me that it was bad.

Especially after one girl accidentally swallowed a whole cup full, and the teacher freaked out and called the nurse in, and they had to induce vomiting, and still took her to the doctor.

Why do they keep pushing this stuff?

If we didn't have to eat or drink all of this garbage that they produce(mainly soda), there would be no need for this anti-cavity poison.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Fluoride is absorbed into teeth and bone as the body naturally loses weaker and less lived minerals.

Flouride, a mineral, is absorbed exactly the same way these other minerals are absorbed the the teeth and bones. The fluoride deposits attract other beneficial minerals, such as calcium, to the surface at a much greater rate than naught. This is the main role of fluoride.

Fluoride poisoning occurs when the amount of fluoride a person is exposed to is greater harmful to the human body. This is comparable to eating 5 tubes of toothpaste in one sitting. This causes excessive fluoride buildup, and staining of teeth and bones.

Everything is a poison. We merely tolerate substances differently. Even water is lethal at high enough dosages and can cause Hyponatremia, a condition where the normal water/salt ratio in the human cells is disrupted and can cause death.

Also, what is NOT harmful to your health if taken in "poisonous quantities"?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Here is a published, peer-reviewed scientific paper.

Fluoride in Drinking Water: A Scientific Review of EPA's Standards

Please read it. This argument has been blown WAY out of proportion.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

logic has left the building , my friend
water inspectors say we have a problem with all the additives, especially in the summer, the operators push past the limits to get municipal water. i see it all the time at control stations, and the reply is " no , see it's right on the line still"... when looking at the history drum..... but, no, it's over the limits. flouride is a bad additive

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

And neither do the administrators at the Environmental Protection Agency, the ones who set the standards for drinking water. While fluoride is equal in toxicity to both lead and arsenic, the EPA s Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) for fluoride is 4000 parts per billion (ppb) compared to 15 ppb for lead and 10 ppb for arsenic. It gets worse. Since its creation in 1972, the EPA has consistently ignored the mounting evidence against fluoridation, even raising the MCL from 2000 ppb to 4000 ppb in 1985 after a PHS panel of experts recommended much lower doses because of their concerns about fluoride's effects on the bones of children, on the heart, on dental fluorosis, and for the overall lack of scientific data. When a National Toxicology Program study (ordered by Congress in 1977) clearly linking cancer to fluoridation was released in 1989, the PHS and the EPA quickly formed a new commission to review the findings.

the stuff is only safe if you ignore the evidence that it isn't.

In the final report, the evidence of carcinogenicity was systematically down-graded, leading Dr. William Marcus, then Senior Science Advisor and Toxicologist in the Office of Drinking Water, to blow the whistle and release the true findings. His reward for doing the job he was paid for? The EPA fired him! Although Dr. Marcus eventually won his suit against the EPA, and was joined by the rest of his co-workers, the chemists, toxicologists, and science professionals at the EPA who came out against fluoridation in 1997

nofluoride.com...

The EPA like the FDA like to fire the actual scientists who do their jobs and replace them with industry insiders who do theirs.
like aspertame and how that got passed.
eeee can you say Rumsfeldstiltskin?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadie
Especially after one girl accidentally swallowed a whole cup full, and the teacher freaked out and called the nurse in, and they had to induce vomiting, and still took her to the doctor.

That right there just goes to show you how insane and diabolical this is:

"Here ya go little children, rinse your mouths out thoroughly with this but try not to swallow it even though it taste like liquid mint candy because it will kill you."

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

The EPA like the FDA like to fire the actual scientists who do their jobs and replace them with industry insiders who do theirs.
like aspertame and how that got passed.
eeee can you say Rumsfeldstiltskin?

Pray tell - How does the former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfield (who oversees the Department of Defense) have anything to do with the legislation or regulation of either the EPA or the FDA?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Sounds like coca cola in the 1900's made with coc aine* sweet yet toxic:X or the todays equivellent, of soy or corn syrup

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
He was alluding to rumsfelds position as ceo of Monsanto when they invented aspertame, and had it approved despite every scientist in the fda claiming it was not safe for human consumption.
I'd also like to point out flourides thyroid toxicity, and maybe that has something to do with the fact that 1 out of every 4 American women now come down with thyroid disorders.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I just found this thread because our school in South Jersey just started this program. We have fluoride in our drinking water & my children brush their teeth every day, so I said NO to the program..Thanks for the thread OP. I was glad some info was already here on ATS. I would like to hear others thoughts on this ...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
step 1 ) rinse

step 2) spit

where is the harm exactly ?

top topics

join