It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does and should God break His commandments?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Does and should God break His commandments?

There are inconsistencies in scripture that indicate that God is not subject to His own laws and commandments.

If, on earth as it is in heaven is to have meaning, and if God is to be our greatest example, we should remember that any human law maker is subject to his laws yet many think that God has more of a, do as I say and not as I do, type of morality. This to me would be an immoral and hypocritical position and I cannot see God taking it. If God is exempt from His own laws then, on earth as in heaven, can never come to pass.

As I look at the list of commandments, I see where God and or Jesus may indeed have broken some of the commandments.

The 1st You shall have no other gods before me.

It appears the Jesus broke this commandment by placing himself above God the Father, ----only through me. That is why we are told that if we do not believe in Jesus, we are doomed to hell. This basically usurps the function once held by the Father.

The 2nd You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

God Himself carved a set of commandments for Moses and thus breaks the commandment.

The 3rd You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

Pass.

The 4th Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Jesus was accused of working and preaching on the Sabbath.
www.biblegateway.com...

The 5th Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

Jesus seems again to place Himself ahead or above the Father which arguably shows a lack of respect.

The 6th You shall not murder.
God, in a large number of places in the O T, either kills or orders the killing of many and in the cases of children and babies, these can arguably be called murder.

The 7th You shall not commit adultery.
God is said to use Mary, another man’s woman, to reproduce what some would call a bastard son as it was born out of wedlock.

Tee 8th You shall not steal.
Pass.

The 9th You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
If lie is implied, we would see again a number of times where we can arguably say that God lied. The first would be in Eden to Adam and Eve who were told they could eat of the tree of life and later, God rescinded this statement and prevented that possibility. Thus making His statement a lie. It is also said by theists that god gave us our free will and He is also shown as rescinding this gift every time He killed or had someone killed. They would obviously had the free will choice to live and not die yet this free will decision was ignored by God.

10th You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.
God seems to break this one as well when He desired Mary as the vessel for His reproductive purposes. He also seems to covet our love honor and adoration quite strongly as, if it is denied, then those who do not, end in eternal hell.

These clearly show a poor record, 2 out of 10, for God in keeping His own commandment and laws. I have likely been marking in a stricter way than the average theist.

Should God be expected to keep the commandments?

If we can get past these then we can tackle the question of whether or not man can hold to the 10 commandments. I think we can actually do better than God.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Read John 1:1-5.Jesus is God.He is God the Son.There is God the Father God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.They are one but they are also three.We refer to them as the Holy Trinity.The second commandment refers to the worshipping of false idols.God didnt carve an idol but a set of righteous commandments on two stone slabs with his own finger.They were not to be worshipped but followed and obeyed.As to the fourth commandment i will answer you in the same way Jesus answered the pharisees ''What man is there among you who has a sheep and if it falls into a pit on a sabbath will he not take hold of it and lift it out.How much more valuable then is a man than a sheep.So then is it lawful to do good on the Sabbath.''What example do you have for the fifth commandment?As to the sixth commandment murder is defined as killing without reason or remorse and with premeditated malice.God had his reasons for killing those people and he did not do so with malice.In fact if you read through exodus carefully you will discover that most of the people the Israelites killed off werent even human.They were the nephilim.Giant hybrids.Throughout most of the OT the Israelites would kill off millions of people but most of the time it was in self defense.As to the seventh commandment if you read the first chapter of Matthew carefully you will also discover that mary was pregnant before she married joseph.According to Scripture mary was engaged to joseph not actually married to him yet.Now the ninth commandment.The ninth commandment says you shall not bear false witness against your neighbor it does not say you shall not lie.I think this commandment is worded the way it is is because God knew that there were certain situations that would arise in life where the only solution is to lie.I myself have been in a couple of those situations.As to the tenth commandment i stated previously that mary was not married to joseph at the time of Jesus's conception.The tenth commandment does not say that God cant covet our love and affection.It does after all give a list.The first commandment says that God is a jealous God.Just so you know judaism and christianity are different religions with different rules.

join