It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirded myself out last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Honesty, this kinda freaked me out a wee wee bit >_< and made me go and switch on my landing light for the rest of the night so yeah here goes my itzee bitzee story

so, basics im asleep for about an hour and what i think happened is that i woke up. and since im sleeping on my back right now due to the fact i had surgery a few weeks ago, i turn to face my left and where all my room shizz is and i see a 5ft child-like figure in my room. being half asleep, i shouted thinking it was my sister. I told it to get out and fu*k off. During this, we had reallly creaky floor boards and they were creaking like someone was stepping on them. If i really was awake then shouting at it made me wake up and go and turn my lights on after realising it wasnt my sister and hiding in my bed for a few minutes
but yeah, it reminds me of stuff that used to freak me out when i was a kid. I used to wake up in the night and see dark figure in my room sometimes small sometimes reallly tall

but yeah, i have no idea if i was awake, asleep or hilucinting being as ive had hilusinations before but theyre always giany spiders.
and it wasnt sleep parayasis cause i could move for as much as i can remember cause i had to remove an eye mask that i sleep with. also ive asked my household if they we up at all last night and nope zero zilch ness

so yeah, anyone have any other experieces or opoions?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Since you mentioned that you had surgery a few weeks ago, did you take any meds that night? If so what kind. If you did, that could be the reason why. But I really don't know.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Last night i had co-codomal and some dicolphenc i have no morphine for one of the reasons is it made me hilusinate >_< and i dont wanna see elvis in my fridge

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Check out "the old hag syndrome".

This has been recorded in every nation since the dawn of man's written history, and my mother has dealt with it a bunch of times in her 30s-40s.

I also wake up sometimes seeing giant spiders, but then turn on lights and realize it was a fabrication of my mind.

pretty weird stuff, but well documented, down to the tiny and tall people coming in and watching you.

My mother used to report of tiny little men standing around her bed.

Now, alls that is left to do after you research "old hag syndrome", is to decide if that is the real reason for what you are seeing, or just a made up lie by psychologists to explain away thousands of years of the phenomena.

Good luck.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

Hi, i just have to ask abt the giant spiders?

Are they like above you on the ceiling and like a silver kinda look abt them an it looks like a large 3D projection in ur room taking up the whole ceiling?

Juat ive had an experience like that and a good few other wierd stuffs that i cannot explain and no there were no drugs involved not even ibuprofen.

peace

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Research sleep paralysis you will find hundreds of pages and videos on the matter. Apparently 1 in 5 people experience it to one degree or another in life...pretty popular phenomena.

Some attempt to call it science, some attempt to call it spiritual assault, some call it aliens.

My mom saw a UFO pretty close...so she and a witness claim in a town that was a hot spot for such activity throughout the 60s.

Moms no liar, nor does she have any stories to tell that are amazing, accept for two.

The UFO, and the many nights that she woke up with little dark shadow folks around her bed moving as she couldn't breath and a weight crushed her chest.

The shadow folks and the chest weight are all 100% old-hag syndrome.

Like I said above...its up to you to decide just what old hag syndrome is.

But, heres a little triva for you...you are probably aware of at least a few depictions of this that are popular, these paintings.

Good luck !

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by watsgoingon?
reply to post by superdebz

Hi, i just have to ask abt the giant spiders?

Are they like above you on the ceiling and like a silver kinda look abt them an it looks like a large 3D projection in ur room taking up the whole ceiling?

Juat ive had an experience like that and a good few other wierd stuffs that i cannot explain and no there were no drugs involved not even ibuprofen.

peace

I can't speak for the OP, but since I was a kid, every few years I wake up to seeing one of few type of spider horrors.

Millions of large ones everywhere on the walls.

Or one or a handful of giant ones about the size of a trash can lid...brown in color, or black I'd guess..

The large ones have appeared on my pillow, on the wall and once running under my bed as I looked through the mattress like it was glass.

Each time I wake up and sweat my face off, and then rush for lights flipping the mattress and searching the blankets.

I'll tell yah...it sucks...but night terrors are very common, and usually this happened during times of great stress or worry.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by watsgoingon?

idk to me its just big giant spiders
I have a hugeee case of aracnophobia so i leave it all down to that >_< I hate the damn things so so much

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ever heard of a "Hooded Bedroom Invader"?

When I was 23/24 I was asleep in my basement room with my girlfriend in a completely dark room, save for the glow of my alarm clock which would cast a shine on my wall. I am a life long sufferer of sleep paralysis and so I opened my eyes and to my horror I saw a tall figure dressed in a hooded "slicker" staring right at me. (think the villain in "I know what you did last summer")
I couldn't see its eyes, just a black void where the face hid under the hood.
And so I wasn't able to do anything but yell for my girlfriends name and flail my arms a bit about (of course it was the phantom feeling of doing both because sleep paralysis and all) and for what seemed like minutes this thing was staring right through me.

After what seemed like eternity I finally came to and was able to move and right as I was this thing materialized back into an object that was hanging on my wall, which was my leather jacket. Truly bizarre!

So flash forward about 6 mo later, I'm at the library researching books and I find one book in particular

Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits, and Haunted Places

well I'm flipping through the book and to my surprise I find a chapter about what I had experienced. wouldn't you know they have an entire chapter dedicated to "hooded bedroom invaders" ! scared the crap out of me!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I have had sleep paralysis and seen "figures" while half asleep but if I ever woke and saw a huge spider I would probably lose it pretty bad. I am terrified of spiders.

You say this is old hag syndrome or something to that effect? Why spiders??

OP could it be any of the meds you are on? Sorry you had a creepy experience like that. Hope it doesn't happen again to ya

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If you have the time, consider reading Supernatural by Graham Hancock. He looks into testimony from others with similar experiences to yours have been happening all around the world for some time now. Or, rather, since the dawn of man.

I had a case of Sleep Paralysis a little over a month ago. Scared me enough to look into it. The members at ATS had already provided a great number of theories or lore like the Old Hags Syndrome. While reading Supernatural last week I read (hallucinatory) accounts from Shaman that matched my Sleep Paralysis experience very closely. There's a lot going on around us that we're not even aware of. It's a start...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Just last night I had an episode of sleep paralysis. I feel like these experiences are getting more "violent" or the frequency is increasing.

I couldn't move my head, and I kept seeing flashes of green light in front of me. I felt a whirlwind of air circling and blowing in my face. I heard lots of mischievous laughter and giggling. I also feel sharp thrusts to my chest, like someone or something is punching it but not quite as hard as you would expect. It could also feel like being zapped by electricity. It seemed to go on for eternity....I am amazed that I am totally aware that it is happening too, not like a dream state or anything.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Mr Mask

I have had sleep paralysis and seen "figures" while half asleep but if I ever woke and saw a huge spider I would probably lose it pretty bad. I am terrified of spiders.

You say this is old hag syndrome or something to that effect? Why spiders??

The last time it happened was like 3 years ago, the time before that was a good 4-5 years before that.

I chalk t up to my fear of spiders as well... totally afraid of them.

And yes,,,it freaks me out every time.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I too have woken to see what appeared to be a tall shadowed person in the room--sometimes several. The times it occurred for me were all in the month-month and a half after I got a severe concussion.
It seemed so damn real that I was pretty freaked even by morning.
I just chalked it up to my brain trying to rewire itself.
Of course during recovery of head and bones, I was reading House of Leaves.
So no wonder I guess.

As for the old hag syndrome -- puts me in mind of my ex-wife. That is a different story though.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I can really sympathize here. I will also admit that this has happened to me enough that I sleep with lights on when the spousal unit is out of town.

I have "suffered" from what I have self diagnosed as hypnagogia since I was a teenager. hypnagogia is seeing or hearing images just as you transition to or from sleep. I have seen big spiders, spiders hanging from a web above me head, and occasionally a snake about to strike. What I see the most is the image of an old man standing next to my bed. Sometimes he is smiling at me and sometimes he appears decayed. Sometimes it looks like his face is covered. It sometimes seems to me something wakes me up and I see him not that I am just coming to the end of a natural sleep. I never see this image in the morning as I wake up (I almost never wake up to an alarm but just wake up when I wake up) It really isn't sleep paralysis for me because I can move and cry out. I have jumped between believing that this is a real image (like a ghost), a dream image, or there really is something solid standing there that beams out as I wake up!

An interesting thing to note...as far as the spiders are concerned as I have gotten older and developed a more live and let live attitude toward creepy crawlies, the spider images have gotten to be less and less...almost non existent. If the old man is some product of my brain I must not have worked out whatever he represents because he shows up regularly.

I hope you have disturbance free sleep tonight!

new topics

top topics

join