It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli soldier mocks Palestinian prisoners in photos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

How? It was a woman standing next to people posing. It's not like gitmo where somebody tied up a naked man and tortured him. It's people in jail with a woman smiling.

It is not embarrassing to humanity at all. It's just distasteful

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Look... Its the palestinians fault 100%

If he was faster on his feet... He wouldn't have been caught..... If he wasn't caught ....He wouldn't be bound and blindfolded.

Maybe she wasn't teasing... Maybe she really wanted to connect on facebook. Maybe he is on his Sony Viao in a hot tub right now.. Maybe......he is on ATS right now...

or maybe he is just dead... Guess we will never know..

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

I have to agree with you on that for sure. What concerns me even more is that this is just one instance we are aware. How many other young Israeli soldiers have been influenced or impressed upon conducting themselves this way? I know all too well about cases like this popping up in the US military and I ask the same question to myself. It's just plain inhuman. Sad state of affairs.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is an Outrageous. I believe social networking websites are great for keeping in touch with families abroad, but should BE restricted when referring to a wartime scenario.

As coming from a povert country I am aware of these. It in very unsavory to be including such pictures in the social network. I agree with OP.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by russ212
Ahh, the Huffington Post. The most liberal tripe on the internet. what a source what a source, no agenda here.

Kinda reminds me of a post earlier where a guy used a site called resistthewar.com and said they were not biased

So...the pictures don't exist?

Oh, you're attacking the source in an attempt to derail the thread. I get it.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think what's more disturbing than the photos is that being in the army was the most beautiful time in her life.

I feel pity for her if her lifes most beautiful moment is being in in the military as there's nothing beautiful about the military

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I said this is similar to Abu Gharib, but not identical, I even said there were differences between the two, namely that the American prison involved higher level officers okaying the tortures, and in Jeremy Scahill's book "Blackwater" most of those engaged in torture could have been private contractors and not even the military, this however looks more like a solo job where the soldier was caught through facebook of her own fault, rather than a cover up to excuse higher level officers. It is also significant for two other reasons, namely that this looks very bad for any military when the world sees them abusing prisoners. Secondly, the media seems to be jumping on the bandwagon to make Israel look bad, which is interesting for anyone who follows the events of the Israel-Palestinian conflict. During the flotilla raid, reports from the Arab media claimed 20 activists were killed, but Israel claimed only 9 were killed, and the media ran with that, rather than displaying both side's numbers, letting the viewer decided, they unequivocally went with the number 9 as the official number, not to mention using the edited IDF footage. So for anyone who says the media is lined up against Israel, I'd have to beg to differ, unless we're talking about the alternative media, and even then certain outlets are not completely anti-Israel, such as infowars. Regardless, to me the most interesting fact about this story is that it does appear on AP and huffington post. And as for the people who are criticizing the source, you are missing the point: it's not about following huffington post, which is obviously a shill organization since they ran the Rand Paul kidnap story, but it's about using the opposing side's media in order to gain an understanding of their view of events. Just like for 9/11, we cite mainstream media sources not because we enjoy the MSM but because if we only used infowars we would be called biased. Just my thoughts, thanks for everyone who flagged this thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'd say that the fact that she took pictures with blindfolded prisoners and posted them on her facebook, tells us all we need to know about her. I mean sure, people like to share pictures with friends, familly members or cute animals, or pictures from exotic places they visited. But if someone posts pics from prison? Who would have thought of that? And sure, maybe they're not us demeaning, as those mentioned by other posters. So what? So it means it's ok?
I just think it's something you shouldn't do.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

How? It was a woman standing next to people posing. It's not like gitmo where somebody tied up a naked man and tortured him. It's people in jail with a woman smiling.

It is not embarrassing to humanity at all. It's just distasteful

No, it is an example of sick mentality. Your mentality is sick as well if the filters over your eyes have become that jaded.

And, you can take your gitmo comparison and lay it down to pasture, as I reject the comparison across the board. Gitmo is neither here nor there.

What is sick is sick.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
An update to this story...

Israel: Ex-Soldier Speaks on Photos

A former Israeli soldier who posted photographs on Facebook of herself posing next to blindfolded Palestinian prisoners told Israeli Army radio on Tuesday that she did not “understand what’s wrong” with the photographs, which were taken while she was on active duty. The former soldier, Eden Abergil, who is now a reservist, said that the “pictures were taken in good will, there was no statement in them.”

[edit on 8/18/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

So If I take my picture smiling in front of men in jail, I'm sick?

Gotta say. That's pretty lame.

Sure it's sinful, and in bad taste. But it is not sick. Through a doggy out a window of a 40 mph car is sick. Smiling in a picture near prisoners is not.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You know they really are their own worst enemies these people.

It is more and more obvious everyday that the Israel thing is really a poor show of human enlightenment. And they seem to prove this more and more every day with appalling things such as this.

Sad thing is when she doesn't even see what is wrong with what she is doing...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join