It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any escaping hell?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Say you died and the demons have got you and your starting your infinity of hell, can you escape, is there a way out? I quite often go with my gut feelings [they don�t let me down often] and I think that there is. Maybe through reincarnation? I just wondered if there was anyone on ATS who might have some ideas on this.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Your already in hell
.Maybe you need to die hear then you get to go back to the real Earth called Heaven

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Kode,
The church teaches that once your condemned, or more properly have condemned yourself, to hell, there's no coming back. It's like Neal Young's lyrics, "Once you're gone, you can't come back, when you're outta the blue and into the black."

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
weirdo,People do say that hell is earth but then if that�s true, how the pleasures? I�m sure I heard someone here once say that hell had a special place for sadomasochists and masochists where everything was nice and happy and there was no pain. Can you be reincarnate from hell?

[edit on 19-6-2004 by kode]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I may not be the right person to ask because I don't believe in reincarnation. I really don't want to. I think one pass through this world is more than enough.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
So lets just say for a minute as you are aware of my beliefs common sense, what about the hells of other religions. Maybe there isn�t infinity and that at some point you get released. Like bats out of hell, things have been described as coming from hell. So something gets out.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm not aware of any religion that doesn't believe in the eternal nature of heaven or hell. I do believe that the way we choose to live our lives on earth will dictate any choices we may be given after death. I guess I would find it hard to believe that we could in a single instant make the right choice when we've spent a lifetime making the wrong choices. For me, I'm trying hard to get in the habit of making the right choices now.
CS

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Sorry common sense not the infinitive nature of religion the infinite imprisonment of hell.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yes, there is a way out of hell and demons. You must die before you die, and you shall never die. What could be worse than having hell on earth? It is created by your mind. There is demons on earth and angels on earth and it is your own willingness to embrace the light that you shall be rid of demons and hell. The conspiracy is that here on earth now, there is both hell and heaven, which path you choose is up to you.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by IMMORTAL]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If you don't believe in hell in the first place then you can never go there. There's your escape.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
IMMORTAL
"What could be worse than having hell on earth?"

Having to continuously watch Big Brother and Jerry Springer. I do neither so I must be on the right path.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I see you, good answer, but no can do. There has to be some kind of retribution for the bad people do. But I get to thinking that at some time during your long stay in hell, you have paid for your wrongs and see the light, at which point you get the strength to break free. Or the old evil lets you go. I think the idea in the bible that your never freed is a man made conception.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I was watching a show on the discovery channel about the books of the bible that were left out, and supposedly Peter wrote a book saying that after the millenium was over that those who were saved asked Jesus for the forgiveness of those who were sent to eternity in hell. I don't know though. I don't understand why this book was left out.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
We escape hell when we die........
Think about it... in order for things to grow, something has to die. We have to kill animal and plants to survive. Plants and animals essentially do the same thing for their growth. Yes, plants too.. nutrients from the ground and from the sunlight are taken in and absorbed. My molecules are essentially stripped and digested..... The only stable things we have are rocks which are centuries old dead things... We are a living hell.... We we die we escape.....

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Good post!!!!!

Yes, when you die and haven't accepted Yah Shua as your savior and dont accept the gift of grace God has given us, then most likely you will go to hell. But after the end of this age and after Yah Shua has ruled for a thousand years, then satan will be let loose for a while. After he is set loose for a while, God will toss him into the eternal fire where he will be destroyed along with his followers. The only true death is the second death. Therefore, if while you are in hell you ask God for mercy and accept Yah Shua and he speaks on your behalf to his father then you will be saved. When Yah Shua died on the cross, he spent some time in hell, and what do you think he did there? He preached. Why would he preach in hell? Because as long as your soul exists you have the oppurtunity to realize the truth and find Yah Shua (Jesus). Hope that helped.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Kode,
The church teaches that once your condemned, or more properly have condemned yourself, to hell, there's no coming back. It's like Neal Young's lyrics, "Once you're gone, you can't come back, when you're outta the blue and into the black."

That is so hypocritical (as usual) of Christians. If God loves you and wants you to love him and be with him in Heaven, and God is the flagship for ultimate and undying love, then how can he justify letting you be tortured for all eternity? Sounds like one angry, evil ass god to me.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Depends on which religion you belong to.

For the Protestant Christians, no. For the Catholics, prayers by others can release you. For various Eastern religions, rebirth (as a lowr form of life) will release you and you can work your way back up the ladder again.

Remember that Christianity is not the only religion in the world and that people of other faiths have died and come back to life and report heavenly experiences (though no experiences with Jesus) also.

The Tibetan Book of the Dead, in fact, may be based on a number of reports from people who died and returned to life, for there is a long set of instructions to be read to the dying person on how to avoid the demons and other things on the journey through the afterlife. It is *somewhat* (but only vaguely) similar to the ancient Egyptian "Book of the Dead."

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hell is not eternal. I don't care how many literal interpretations of the bible you want to throw at me, it is not eternal. Science is beginning to show, in quantum physics (and other areas), that everything is connected. So if you believe in God then from this you must deduce that we are all a part of God. Created FROM God. Why would God want to torture a part of himself for all of eternity? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I believe there is a hell(s) where souls that did not lead a good life on this planet go to hopefully learn the error in their ways and change. I mean out of the whole of eternity most people only live to be around 70 years old. That is basically like a blink of an eye. Its like looking at someones life and seeing only a single class in school that they took for one day. If someone does something wrong in school you sit them in a corner or send them to detention, you don't throw them in the brig. Now if someone kills somebody here we punish them (as we should) and I believe the punishment in the afterlife is much worse too but it is NOT eternal.

If God loves us as much as scriptures say then he is not going to deal us only one hand and hope we get a royal flush or otherwise throw us into a hell for all eternity.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It is appointed unto men once to die and after this the judgement(Hebrews 9:27) Reincarnation is not real and you must decide for Christ before you die. Hell is temporary because it along with death will be thrown into the lake of fire, along with those who have rejected Christ. The Bible doesn't teach a second chance after hell and before the lake of fire.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Remember that Christianity is not the only religion in the world and that people of other faiths have died and come back to life and report heavenly experiences (though no experiences with Jesus) also.

Black Elk had a vision and met Wanekia. Wanekia is "Wan�khiya 'Savior' (literally, 'One Who Makes Live', a personal name used for Wovoka and for Jesus)." Black Elk was certainly no Christian. See: www.blackelkspeaks.unl.edu...

Specifically,

But that was not all I saw. Against the tree there was a man standing with arms held wide in front of him. I looked hard at him, and I could not tell what people he came from. He was not a Wasichu and he was not an Indian. His hair was long and hanging loose, and on the left side of his head he wore an eagle feather. His body was strong and good to see, and it was painted red. I tried to recognize him, but I could not make him out. He was a very fine-looking man. While I was staring hard at him, his body began to change and became very beautiful with all colors of light, and around him there was light. He spoke like singing: "My life is such that all earthly beings and growing things belong to me. Your father, the Great Spirit, has said this. You too must say this."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join