It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rights groups, doctors condemn 'anti-gay' hormone treatment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Rights groups, doctors condemn 'anti-gay' hormone treatment

rawstory.com

A treatment for a rare birth disorder has been found to have a controversial side-effect: It evidently reduces the likelihood that treated girls will become gay.

The rare condition known as congenital adrenal hyperplasia causes girls to develop ambiguous genitals and facial hair

Now a new hormone treatment, reported on by Raw Story in June, has been shown to reduce the condition's effects, while at the same time reducing the likelihood that the treated person will be gay.

There appear t
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.alternet.org

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It's interesting that this article somewhat infers that homosexuality is a medical condition. At least that's what I gather from this article and the "side effects" of the drug.

If you are able to change someone's sexual orientation with drugs then it lends alot to the theory that homosexuality is a creation of the elite for the purpose of depopulation.

Look at this

The Montreal water treatment plant dumps 90 times the critical amount of certain estrogen products into the river. It only takes one nanogram (ng) of steroids per liter of water to disrupt the endocrinal system of fish and decrease their fertility.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Guys please don't be offended here, but let's try and get somewhere with this.

Can anyone help with estrogent content in certain states/regions and number of homosexuals in that place?

Is this not a very possible relation between estrogen in the water and homosexuality?

Thoughts?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Did you miss this report from 2007?

Scientists Make Fruit Flies Gay, Then Straight Again

www.foxnews.com...

------------------------------------

However - it must be understood a gay person is naturally born. No one has the right to alter them.

Only a gay person them self - - has that right.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
However - it must be understood a gay person is naturally born. No one has the right to alter them.

But what if being gay is already being altered somehow?

Maybe with chemicals in the water and/or food ingested by them during their childhood or while the mother was pregnant.

What if that IS the alteration!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
How long have we been carelessly dumping estrogen into our water supply?

If the answer isn't "for thousands of years" I'd start looking elsewhere.

BTW, does it matter what the cause is if the "victims" are ok with it?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

But what if being gay is already being altered somehow?

Gay doesn't concern me. Health does.

I think lots of things are being affected by whats in our water - how our farms and food animals are being treated. And the air we breathe.

My grandson has been raised on strict organic food and water only.

I am a member of Blue Gold. www.bluegold-worldwaterwars.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Did you miss this report from 2007?

Scientists Make Fruit Flies Gay, Then Straight Again

www.foxnews.com...

------------------------------------

Only a gay person them self - - has that right.

LOL annee....there you go again. Defending the LGBT community till your last breath i guess. This is why we will never know what makes people 'gay'. For all we know it truly is a medical condition that can be treated and cured. But we wont here about it because we will have people like YOU and the LGBT community going on a PC and 'homophobe' rant.

I bet even if we found out that people were not born gay you and the LGBT community would deny it. why? because it does not fit into your perfect little world.

Im sorry. But if what this study says is true gay people are just people with a defect or medical condition.

Anee...will you quit being PC?

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Nofoolishness]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nofoolishness

I didn't see any rant, any defending of the LGBT community or any mention of the word homophobe (well upto now). Are you here just to stir the pot?

And if an individual is happy with their lifestyle, regardless of its root cause, wouldn't you expect uprising when someone attempts to "fix" it?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syphon

I didn't see any rant, any defending of the LGBT community or any mention of the word homophobe (well upto now). Are you here just to stir the pot?

And if an individual is happy with their lifestyle, regardless of its root cause, wouldn't you expect uprising when someone attempts to "fix" it?

are you annee? Is that you annee with sock puppet accounts?

Hmmm......

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Homosexuality is not a disorder. It is simply different genes being active at different times to produce a change in the anatomy of the brain. In order for it to be a disorder it would have to cause enough stress in a person's life for it disrupt their normal activities. However, all the gay people I have ever met have been quite happy, so it's not really a disorder, just another personality trait.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Homosexuality is not a disorder. In order for it to be a disorder it would have to cause enough stress in a person's life for it disrupt their normal activities.

Suicide rates amongst homosexuals are 8 times more likely in the homosexual community, what are you talking about?

Granted many of these rates have to do with family rejection, but I think that family rejection doesn't cause suicide, being too emotionally weak does.

There are many interracial couples that were family rejected too but I don't see them being suicidal.

So your argument is not valid.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Homosexuality is not causing them to commit suicide, depression is causing them to commit suicide. To say homosexuality is a disorder because of increased suicide rates amongst the demographic you would also have to say that being an elderly white male is also a disorder as they have the highest suicide rates of any demographic.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
To say homosexuality is a disorder because of increased suicide rates amongst the demographic you would also have to say that being an elderly white male is also a disorder as they have the highest suicide rates of any demographic.

Then that's like saying the most homosexual race is the Chinese, because they have the most homosexuals despite them being the largest country in the world.

There are more white elderly males than there are homosexuals.

It's ratio my friend not numbers.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
All these reports are missing one piece of key data.

Are the girls with this ambigiousness more likely to be homosexual?

The issue with this is, the original population's sexual orientation may be impacted by their condition.

Which would mean that it cannot be suggested that this treatment makes a normal population less likely to be homosexual.

I hope you see what I am laying down here.

This is someone stirring the hornet's nest.

There is nothing to suggest this would have any impact on a normal population.

Edit to add:

Here we go.

This condition is known to have higher than normal rates of bi and homo sexuality.

Which means that this treatment with steroids probably only brings this group into the statistical norm.

Which in no way suggests that in a population without this condition would in anyway be impacted by this treatment with a side effect of altering their sexuality.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

[edit on 2010/8/16 by Aeons]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

This was posted before and I will mention the same here. Most sexual things are influenced by estrogen and testosterone. Both sexes have them, but in different levels obviously.

If you put too much estrogen into girls, they become "too" female, the same with males and testosterone. The result is an extreme version of what each sex feels. For females this means more difficult menstrual cycles and emotional instability. For males it's increased aggression and emotional insecurity in different ways.

The point remains. It's difficult to justify altering natural things.

That said, homosexuality is, like all behavior, modifiable with biochemicals. You can "cure" homosexuality, just like you can "cure" sexual addiction or for that matter, any libido at all.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It is my belief that homosexuality has differing causes for each individual case. In some cases it is probably indeed genetic, in some cases environmental, in some cases social, in some cases psychological, in some cases induced by same sex sexual trauma at a young age, in some cases simple fetishism, and there are of course many other possibilities. That said, I do view homosexuality as a "disorder", as there are clearly higher long term risks of disease (especially STD's amongst males) and psychological issues, coupled with the incompatibility to the procreative function that life depends upon.

This doesn't mean I look down my nose at homosexuals, but rather I look on with the same compassion I would towards any group of individuals that are unable to embrace the rosy picture of the man/woman/child paradigm. I like to believe that if a treatment/cure could be introduced early in life, especially for those with a physical cause for their homosexuality, such would be a good thing. However, later into adulthood, of course, any treatments or cures should be the choice of the individual, just as receiving chemo for cancer is a personal choice.

If my child was born with this particular syndrome I think this treatment would be strongly considered (after due personal research and reflection) and I think a change towards a heterosexual predilection would ultimately be a well received side effect, that would likely reduce suffering... which, ultimately, is the only thing we can hope to do for one another.

I think it is naturally a difficult thing for someone to swallow, who is homosexual, and has come to identify their sense of "self" with their sexual predilection; because to a large degree, who we are is who we believe we are and who we have become comfortable in so being.

I believe I am,

Sri Oracle

(but it might just be something in the water)

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

According to the NIMH the current rate of suicide in the U.S. is 10.9 for every 100,000 people. However, 48 elderly white males commit suicide for every 100,000 white men over the age of 65.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Are these the same rights groups that want the right to abort a fetus based on medical conditions or lifestyle conditions? Why does one group think they get to have it both ways? I wonder if they would have any concerns if the side effects eliminated the possibility of a hair lip or downs syndrom?

top topics

join