link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hey all!

Ahh well after long time i see the matter of my almost permanent absence being discussed. Seems even the thicker skinned have been troubled by the "infection".

Miss the forum but i guess i will wait a bit more before comming back.

I have a feeling that most propably the situation will improve.

Even so though i have seen a big number of no returning people walk away for good, which is a shame really.

All the best and love to all

GTG

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
And.....

It just happened again.....

Upon reading a new thread for the first time, I found I was getting targeted "in case" I joined the thread!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wow 3rd time posted the same thing...

Is this against the T&C rules?

"Flooding" was the term we used on Napster when we were kids...

I think certain people can dish it out but can't handle when they receive their own medicine....

...just sayin'

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Good Morning WZN.....

I made an important point that was relevant within 3 different discussions.

The point is that it has got to the stage where preemptive attacks are being made on members BEFORE they even join a thread.

If you require further clarification about this or any other related points, let me know & I will be very pleased to oblige.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Oh clarity is a beautiful thing.

But you are not known as the most sincere poster on ATS I have come to see. If you take a stance such as yours - one day you will feel a turn in momentum against yourself - as you have crushed the dreams of many who merely come here to open their minds and LEARN many things they have no chance to "in the real world", free of sarcastic and belittling badgering.

You my friend. may play the victim card (as you often do) - and then try to assert your 'authority' on subject matter I find you have very little experience in talking about. In short - you have dug your own grave. If any advice I could offer you, it would be to take a step back, re-evaluate your understanding of how people learn at their own rate, and the existence YOU THINK YOU KNOW may not be so...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

WZN.....

It's a really nice day.....

Let's just leave it at that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I can understand anger in the political forum so those people should get a pass. afterall they love to argue so lets let them do their thing.

I like ATS for being able to discuss and share ideas, I hope people who dont contribute to discussions but instead derail them should be dealt with. Not sure if you can but why not let mods censor the suers who do it for 24 hours, no bans just everytime censor them.

To me this would solve the issue while providing corrective reinforcement that would not stop a user from participating but would discourage them from causing trouble. Alot of like ATS for its professional manner of dealing with subjects. The community is what makes a site and removing their ability to post for 24 hours would be a step in the right direction without it being a permanent ban allowing the person to further contribute.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

Thanks your thread has given me the gentle slap I needed to remind me that anger is not going to solve anything. You have my vow to do my part to lighten discussions and interactions. Thanks S & F

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
[edit on 5-9-2010 by alien]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
IMO if you keep on topic, manage your enthusiasm (anger? control freak thingie?), don't swear and don't belittle someone else's ideas, contribute in a progressive educational way, and if you are an expert in some field please provide proof (links) so we can make our own judgements, after all even the "so called" experts argue with each other; hot headedly too.

The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know.
Socrates

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It could be that we have too many Martians here.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I;m with the OP, the anger comes from the times we live in. With so much negativity on a day to day basis. Whether it's in our personal daily lives or the media and other news outlets accompanied with the steep decline in the economy causing immeasurable amounts of stress you can see where anger would build up and people have had it with the way things are and the way things are going.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Our passions are the winds that propel our vessel. Our reason is the pilot that steers her. Without winds the vessel would not move and without a pilot she would be lost.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I wish people would quit blaming the media and every other external force out there for their deplorable postings and personal attacks. It is simply passing the buck. The problem is not "out there." It comes from inside. If we cannot take personal responsibility our lack of common decency, then the world is lost already. "Fix" yourself first before you try to "fix" someone else.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's not anger, this site has been infected with borderline fascist posters who seem dead set on inciting religious and racial hatred. The owners of ATS need to filter these people out.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I honestly think that part of this "Anger" and "Conflicts" have a lot to do with what the CIA has begun doing. It is a known fact that they have started operations to send disinformation on sites for various reasons. Mostly on conspiracy theories and overall discontent with the government.

Just think, this is basically a site loaded with all the latest alternative news so I can assure that ATS is a prime target for the CIA to be conducting these operations.

www.prisonplanet.com...

edit on 11-9-2010 by s7ryk3r because: included reference, for those who need it

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I can tell you what is causing the anger: we are choking on the lies. Lies about "The War on Terror"(the American people), the economy(we're broke), the moon(we didn't get to really see what is there), Mars(SSDD), our freedoms being stripped away, Obama(Bush on steroids), blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc. When you have to drink out of a #ty toilet you get sick. Nuff said

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join