It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What's with the anger on ATS?"

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I haven't been posting here for long, but I would say that in comparison to most Internet forums that I have posted on ATS is like a paradise.

I have posted in a few threads where I have strongly disagreed with the original posters point of view and yet I haven't had one single reply that was blatantly insulting or derogatory, the worst I have encountered is people just completely ignoring me
and most of the replies I have received have been quite reasonable even if they disagree with me 100%

On the whole I think this forum seems quite polite compared to most.

You are doing a good job! moderating a forum of this size can't be easy, and if people seem a bit angry I think it's only because they are posting about topics that are very personal to them and their world view.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Davespanners.....

I agree.....

I think ATS is a pretty huge cut above the rest of the "swamp" out there.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
i see plenty of people just throwing stuff out to inflame.

like saying opposite things to a poster.

monty python had a cool skit about that.

juvi stuff to get a raise.

i see trendy bandwagon people, people with beliefs and people that want a good debate/conversation.

logic has been tossed out of most and links can be spun 3 ways from sunday. if anyone bothers to read them.

screw it, everyone wants to be right or sit back and laugh at the commotion they caused.

religious threads and the evil US brings out the worst poster vitriol.

lol, what? 80%? just kidding!

i like this place and alot of posters here.

hard to sit by and not comment on the chumps trying to play others.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
This is the Moaning thread

Thank you ATS for parting the Sea

Make love not war and agree to disagree..

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
To be honest, I do not think that it is restricted to this site, or other such sites.

If you check around you in your day to day life, this whole planet seems to have a bee in the bonnet. People just seem generally upset and angry for no real reason..

Could it be that people feel something big is on its way and they are feeling the effecdt of this?

Or, maybe it is just the direction that the race is heading.

I would suggest that should people be offended by someones comments, the think of comments that you have made to some recently. I bet you will find that you are not so innocent!!!

Be safe

Irish

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by irishspirit

I blame it on prozac in the water supply and confusing fox news nlp.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Trolls and shills
Pay their bills.
Truth and Love
Get Paid from Above.
blessings to all.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Ditto, though when I was first on ATS you replied to one of my posts and at the end you put kind regards may be may be not, I thought what do you mean kind regards may be may be not, then I noticed your name.

For a site that gets loads of stick on other boards I've been on it has actually proved itself to be the best in terms of content and organisation.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Ditto, though when I was first on ATS you replied to one of my posts and at the end you put kind regards may be may be not, I thought what do you mean kind regards may be may be not, then I noticed your name.

Phew! Thank God It wasn't just me who thought this as well!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
For a site that gets loads of stick on other boards I've been on it has actually proved itself to be the best in terms of content and organisation.

Thank you for that...

I am curious though, when you say "loads of stick" do you mean we get slammed with unfair criticism?

Springer...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

I am curious though, when you say "loads of stick" do you mean we get slammed with unfair criticism?

Springer...

Sorry colloquial English, indeed you are correct in your understanding and the criticism is so unfair that for years I didn't come here thinking it was "woo woo" chaos and roll play shenanigans.

I'll say it again the best board I've been on in terms of content and organisation, thanks are due to the staff, mods are very fair and on the ball, and owners, so, Thank you.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Thepreye]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Anger is only the flip side of love.

Passion is for the passionate and mediocrity is for the rest.

When I have to accept a warning: I am about to re-post copyrighted material and all that entails just to apply an "emoticon" to a post, I get very angry.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Your main problem is weak enforcement, I have seen overt racism dealt with via nothing more than a "warning".

You need to ban a few of the more notable perpetrators and you will see instances of abuse disappear overnight.

And don't forget anti-Semitism. No, not criticism of Zionism or Israel, but references to "International Jewry" and comments that Jews were active enemies of Germany, and thus deserved to be treated as such by the Nazis.

Seriously. A post saying so was in a recent thread.

I'd say that rhetoric like that gets some anger, and deservedly so.

So, ban hatemongers. And people who repeatedly start threads with a trolling OP.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
i see plenty of people just throwing stuff out to inflame.

So, that's how you get those little "warn" icons on your avatar. Now it all makes sense.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Mothershipzeta (2 posts above) has very good points. People are deliberately insulting, disparaging and hurtful, many intentionally antagonize. Much of what constitutes a (very) few of the threads is hate speech.
This is accepted as a valiant effort to allow freedom of speech, yet sometimes there are babbling, even violent posters who should not be allowed to dump their form of air-wave pollution on the unsuspecting public.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Ihave received a number of nasty comments. One person was reprimanded for their public statements and then resorted to U2U messages. This is a message I received from member insideNSA:

i just exposed you for the liar u r

go find my thread and see the error of your ways...
and go learn how to debate, you are lacking in that skill and it shows

This arrived after some of his posts were removed for scathing name calling. He is not typical, but a few bad apples such as this person leads to problems and tainting the forums.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Ignore them they're obviously a pathetic bully, when I say ignore I mean with the button, I had to ignore a few sickening racists, it's great to get rid

ps Tell a Mod
some times grassing is the cool thing to do.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

What I find a little disheartening here is that I was hit with a 1000 penalty for writing "stop the ad hominem attacks, they are the way of a loser". I did not write you are a loser, but I get a 1000 point penalty. The nasty attack I was referring to in my post still stands. At about the same time another poster called me a fool, nitwit, Gump, and wrote "until you grow a brain". Sadly, I reported all of those posts and they still stand.

That's what happened and so it goes.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Phew! Thank God It wasn't just me who thought this as well!

No, it wasn't just you, or Thepreye...

I have to say it was a pleasant surprise after considering it a possible diss

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

What I find a little disheartening here is that I was hit with a 1000 penalty for writing "stop the ad hominem attacks, they are the way of a loser". I did not write you are a loser, but I get a 1000 point penalty. The nasty attack I was referring to in my post still stands. At about the same time another poster called me a fool, nitwit, Gump, and wrote "until you grow a brain". Sadly, I reported all of those posts and they still stand.

Not seeing the posts in context it's hard to comment fairly, but that does seem disheartening. Would you know if the other posters received penalties or warnings?

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join