It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What's with the anger on ATS?"

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

One4all.....

So, are you thinking this "Team" of people is really 1 person?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

I suspect you're right. And that's all I could possibly do, suspect it, because I cannot prove it with IP addresses, spying on offline conversations and emails away from the board, etc.

But yeah, there are a lot of posts that just seem to gum up the works, and certain people who usually have very colorful avatars who make a lot of those posts. I persevere because it's either that or not come here at all.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Tell me a single human concept that does not involve or can be used as a justification to cause violence.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniongrass
reply to post by one4all

I suspect you're right. And that's all I could possibly do, suspect it, because I cannot prove it with IP addresses, spying on offline conversations and emails away from the board, etc.

But yeah, there are a lot of posts that just seem to gum up the works, and certain people who usually have very colorful avatars who make a lot of those posts. I persevere because it's either that or not come here at all.

Oniongrass.....

As you can see, this concept of an "angry team" interests me.

So, do you have an opinion as to who this "angry team" of posters might be?

I guess the reference to "colourful avatars" hints that you do have some thoughts in that regard.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Focus and fire extinguishers.
Someone came up behind me watching the Presidents speech. "He wants to put a Mosque right there at ground zero."

It is a community center, a few blocks from ground zero, and he is supporting freedom of religion.
If I let the hyperbole catch on it would have fueled a fire I might have brought elsewhere.

Instead of facts, the news has started bringing us torches.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Torches bring ratings.
Second line.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I have some opinions about individuals that I will keep to myself. If I were a moderator discussing this behind the scenes I would probably mention names, but not here.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

Oniongrass.....

Oh.....OK.

It's just that with all the accusations flying around in all these threads about "hate" & "anger", I was curious who might be causing that.

So, thanks anyway.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Actually I prefer to frame the issue differently, which may or may not coincide with what the forum management is interested in.

But trying to guess if someone is feeling "hate" or "anger" is, at best, just guessing. And I'm opposed to the concept of "hate crimes." (If it's a crime, it is what it is, and that's enough without saying it's worse than that.) We all have negative and angry feelings at times, and if that were a crime, we'd all have to lock each other up.

So I would be more concerned about people who don't stick to issues. I wouldn't allow ad-hominem attacks. And not try to figure out if people are angry or hateful or not.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniongrass

So I would be more concerned about people who don't stick to issues. I wouldn't allow ad-hominem attacks. And not try to figure out if people are angry or hateful or not.

Oniongrass.....

Well.....that sounds quite reasonable.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Conspiracy theorists must be skeptical by nature and reject "belief systems" that habitually favor one point of view over another.

I am sorry Bill, but you could not be more wrong. Since I know this is a touchy subject with many, not just you, I will attempt to explain why this is wrong in a very detailed manner. It is very important. I see that this flaw in your conceptual thinking is the key to your misunderstanding of why things on ATS do not remain civil in matters of conspiracy as it relates to our daily lives and personal choices.

The flaw is not in thinking that anyone must be skeptical. For it is true that faith should be tested. As CHRIST said, “You will know them by their deeds” and so, until we know their deeds, we do not know them as a person. It is said in the BIBLE that GOD does not trust man. Of course not, HE, in HIS perfection, fully understands that we are weak and flawed and incapable of perfect steadfastness. So, to be skeptical of others claims is only natural and honest if one fully seeks the truth.

And the truth is all that matters, is it not. Notice SO, that you failed to mention this in your statement. You imply that a belief system only has “a point of view”. The reality though, is that the “point of view” that any belief system is attempting to obtain is that of the “Truth”. Can we not agree that the truth is what we seek? For it is very important that we agree on this point because if the truth is not what we seek, then there is no further point in our searching for conspiracies and belief systems.

But what is the truth? Can the truth be everything? Of course not. The truth cannot be the the truth and yet still include a lie can it? No, the truth does not, and must not include lies. If one is seeking the truth, then one must exclude the lies, yes? Therefore, you must “favor” truth over lies. You must favor, one set of statements over another, because you believe that one of them is the truth and the other set the lies, yes?

The truth is exclusive and favors only itself and excludes all others that are not part of the truth. And because it is exclusive, there can only be one set of truths. We call these truths universal truths. A conspiracy theorist must therefore not exclude any belief systems outright simply because they exclude others, but instead, choose the one belief system that represents the whole truth.

The argument (that I am sure someone will make on your behalf) that all belief systems include some truths and some lies is, as well, false if GOD exists. Because, if GOD exists (which he does) then he would arrange that we should be given the truth by him in order to assist us in coming closer to him. For the whole truth is not visible to us alone, but only through HIM. And so, GOD being perfection, only one belief system, the one given to us by HIM, must be the only “Whole Truth”. Because this one belief system that HE has given us is perfection, we must therefore exclude any others that only represent half truths, or partial truths, that man alone has discovered.

Therefore, all those who seek the whole truth will, once they find GOD'S true religion on earth must therefore exclude the lies and half truths of all other, what must be false religions. Truth forces division amongst those who seek it and those who abandon it. Truth forces us to remain steadfast towards it and exclude the falsehoods of other competing ideas since they must be false beliefs.

CHRIST has given us the whole truth, and so, as he says, “"Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword. For I have come to set a man 'against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's enemies will be those of his household.' "Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever does not take up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.”

I do not say these things to anger you, but to enlighten you. There will always be division amongst those who propose to have, and seek, the truth, angainst others who propose other, and therefore false, ideas for GOD requires us to remain steadfast to HIS truth and therefore also requires of us to reject what must be the lies.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Hot_Wings]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Don't Play Their Game

We all must realize that the motivations behind contemporary politics and the vast matrix of mainstream media is not to inform, but to inflame. Rational analysis of difficult issues from a balanced point of view has no place in modern media... it causes no elevated ire and incites no venomous outrage.

That might be a touch extreme and bit uncharacteristic of you, SO.

I really hope the "tonality" of the board you speak of isn't affecting you in ways that are, shall we say, "unbecoming?" Because if you or key staff veer too far from center, we're definitely all screwed.

The point is that there ARE some MSM sources and programs that do exactly what you describe, and discuss things "from a balanced point of view." The fact that they may be few and far between is one point you will have no trouble convincing me of.

"The motivations behind contemporary politics and the vast matrix of mainstream media is not to inform, but to inflame and to control."

To this I would have to add the words "and to control." Which is why the further that we are aware of it, the less we will be controlled and the more we can read between the lines.

Anger is at times a healthy emotion, allowing a release. To not be angry is to not be human. To not be able to control your anger sucks. I would venture it happens to most of us once in a while, so I cannot fault any ATS member for not being able to control it occasionally. I can fault the staff for it however, on the rare occasion it occurs. After all, you guys set the standards to which we all aspire, and are chosen from what I understand largely upon that basis.

Overall though, it is very hard to be civil with someone who lashes out at you first. And I think you need to be careful here in the sense that you don't take away the ability of us to defend ourselves against a clear attack with words shaped like bullets. Hey, usually I prefer to send flowers, but darnit, sometimes after eating some lead you gotta send bullets back.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

A v good point v well made, thank you.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

I've often thought that the "team" might be a bunch of bright sixth formers from a British boarding school, an "indulgent" physics master allows them on ATS to deny ignorance.

One of the most annoying tactics is "that was thoroughly debunked on page 4" well if I'm still asking questions "not to my satisfaction dude"

I always try to maintain civility, it seems from first post the "pseudos" are trying to malign my view point and disparage my intellect, obviously I must be a dumb **** not to know blah blah blah is "impossible" and a dumb **** is there to be teased, get over yourselves, I love sceptics, I am a sceptic but at least try to keep it civil and stop the instant posturing to the mob.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Thepreye]

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Thepreye]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Incredible, why is this issue of anger even an issue to Begin with.

Doesn't people understand that is nothing but drama.

People needs to put up or get off and be done with it.

ATS drama as usual, but then again this cases comes and go and that is the way it has been since I have been a member.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm not angry... who's angry, send'em my way.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

seriously, ATS has been an excellent experience for me, and I'm talking way back before becoming a staff member. I never once thought of attacking anyone in a post or flat out arguing. Heated discussion yes, but taking to that next level of name calling and bickering, no. I don't get it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I'm not angry... who's angry, send'em my way.

i'm angry. i'm angry at myself for being one month off when i predicted that you would reach your 20,000th post on Sept 16, instead of on Aug 16th.

i'm angry at you because you are currently at 19,995 posts, and i may not win that contest!

other than that i think we are cool,
et

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

1) Anger.

2) Apathy.

3) Attitude.

These are the things I see ATS beginning to become synonmous with.

People are so lost, disenfranchised, and fed-up with how things are run.

The people speak to violence, or picking up guns, or even hateful speech due to not having a better example to follow, that is doing anything positive.

When I say no better example to follow I am not speaking of banal threads which inspire, which point fingers, or which leave information for the member to decide for themselves, any toddler can do that stuff.

That is what is happening in Washington D.C. right now and always has been.

Inspirational speeches which lead to nowhere without action to follow.

Finger pointing and blaming other people across an aisle is politicians work.

Information which is readily available should people do homework.

That is the heart of Washington D.C. and 1600 Pennsyvannia Avenue.

Not to mention the United Nations.

Bureaucracy.

It is fine to post and discuss information but eventually it becomes nothing more than spinning wheels, wasting time, if there is not more available.

It is time ATS becomes more than a simple motto and people complaining.

Words without actions behind them are merely hollow gestures towards lunacy.

There are countless things ATS has the ability to do more in depth.

1) Become a non-profit policy think-tank.

2) Create an investigative school towards conspiracy theorizing.

3) Sponsor members towards holding elected offices.

Those are just a few items that comes to mind.

If ATS does not evolve with society as it fluxs it will stagnate, wither, and die.

After a certain point everything becomes moot via no forward movement.

Positive action to change those things we see as wrong or to make more right things is necessary, because if no positive action happens, only negative mentality can breed, and through that a pervasive sense of foreboding will continue, infecting not just those long-term members but all subsequent members wishing to sign-on to ATS.

This is why I back away from posting as often, as much, or as in depth.

I will not be a part of something negative filled with anger and resentment.

It saddens me to look back where ATS was when I signed up five years ago.

And to look at this website now because there was forward momentum.

Once.

I see no forward movement any more nor do I see a desire for such among membership.

1) Anger.

2) Apathy.

3) Attitude.

Anger is fine if it is righteous indignation directed towards positive change.

Apathy is for the weak who cannot think for themselves through attrition.

Attitude is a good thing to have as long as it is directed and not focused inwards.

Hoobastank - Born To Lead

Deny Ignorance.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Do you know what?

No matter what source of Media i use in my posts, i'm always being flamed for using said news article from said media! All i'm doing is bring the report into ATS and adding my views on the subject.

And just because i may not like a certain person, people or group, this doesn't mean that you (whoever you are) can defend that person, people or group just because you are a member of Unite or whatever.... i have personal experiences with neighbours or just see people in the street who just depress me or make me angry... this doesn't make me a liar or a bigot.... i tell the truth .... hense my name!!!

There was a post on the boards the other day about Bigots and the people who are angry at the Bigots just because they have something to say.... well, you are a Bigot too (Not you OP but the people who post here saying they love everyone and everything)... BS... you don't love everyone and everything, you are just afraid to speak your mind.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If you want to know the root of my anger, it's on account of threads like these, their creators, and the ATS Staff that allows them to exist on a daily basis. I rest my case.

Alien Orgy in India!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join