It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Muslim Leaders Visit Concentration Camps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

American Muslim Leaders Visit Concentration Camps

www.foxnews. com

"There is a view that there is growing anti-Semitism in the Muslim world, reinforced by people like [Iranian] President Ahmadinejad, that there is growing Holocaust denial in the Muslim world,"Breger, now a law professor at Catholic University, told the Jewish Daily Forward. "In light of that, the idea was to offer education to those who might not have the kind of knowledge that we've had about World War II and the Jewish community, and to do this in a public way."

Among other activities, Muzammil Siddiqi, imam of the Islamic Society of Orange County, Calif., led prayers at the concent
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nj.com

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I know that I've expressed my discontent for the Muslim faith on more than a few threads here but this news is probably a new beginning to at least make an effort for Arabs and Jews to find common ground and weed out any differences the two may have.

The actions of these few Muslims may anger the majority of the Islamic world, especially the extreme radicals, but in my eyes they are showing the world courage and defiance at the same time. These few have left the mainstream mentality of their faith and are taking steps that may risk their lives.

I can only say that there may be a chance for this old world after all.

www.foxnews. com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16/8/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

"No Muslim in his right mind, female or male, should deny the Holocaust," Magid, a native of Sudan, told the Forward. "When you walk the walk of the people who have been taken to be gassed, to be killed, how can a person deny physical evidence, something that's beyond doubt?"

Excellent find and kudos to Fox for reporting on it.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This quote is from the related news link N.J. rabbi leads Jews, Muslims .

History aside, the trip — like all pilgrimages to concentration camps — was emotionally devastating, said Bemporad, the rabbi.

"It was painful," he said. "One of the most painful things was to see these imams, all pretty intelligent and sophisticated, absolutely bawling like children. They couldn’t get over it, especially when they saw these children’s clothes and children’s shoes by the tonful. It was really poignant."

Maybe I was wrong about all of them having the same mentality. Maybe it's time to turn our focus away from religion itself and address the hatred that's preached by psychotic zealots..

Catholics from the Inquistion have caused the Christians to have a bad name and continue even today with their leadership in continuous scandals, but not all Catholics have the same views.

While I may be changing my views a little becuase of the actions of these few imams, my conscience is still to be cautious of everyone and this does include Muslims and Christians, because I've come across many self-proclaimed "Christians" who deliberately cheat, lie and steal.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

"No Muslim in his right mind, female or male, should deny the Holocaust," Magid, a native of Sudan, told the Forward. "When you walk the walk of the people who have been taken to be gassed, to be killed, how can a person deny physical evidence, something that's beyond doubt?"

Excellent find and kudos to Fox for reporting on it.

Let me also add my S& F to the OP (and star to the previous poster intrepid).

This is good news for a change and let's all hope we see more of it, and that it means a change in attitudes where we don't just hear from/about the radical muslims in the news.

[edit on 8/16/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What is this?
A breath of fresh air???

It sure has been a while!

Star n Flag!!!

I think the more we see of this the more we will see of it..

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I am asking becayuse I truly do not know.

Did any muslim leaders visit ground zero in NYC? Did any muslim leaders speak out and make clear they thought the bombing was wrong.

Just asking??

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Just when I start to think nothing can, or will, ever change the conflict between Arab and Jew...something good like this occurs. Maybe, just maybe, there is hope of a permanent peaceful solution... Maybe?

All credit in the world to these Muslim leaders. Credit where credit is due...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

growing anti-Semitism in the Muslim world

Wait, does that mean, that Arabs hate themselves as Arabs are Semitic as well? I wonder why anti-Semitism is specifically and exclusively referred to Jews..

Some scholars favor usage of the unhyphenated form antisemitism to avoid possible confusion involving whether the term refers specifically to Jews, or to Semitic-language speakers as a whole.

Please, DO SO because right now my first quote doesn't make any sense at all...

To get back on topic: Yeah, it's nice to see that people visit concentration camps. That will definitely make anyone think about war and its crimes.

But there is a victim/witness of a concentration camp that supports Israel's illegal occupation of Palestine and the crimes they do to them Palestinians. I've seen it myself in a speech by Judith J. done at my College of Further Education and was quite pissed to be honest. At the end she was asked for her opinion on the current conflict in Israel/Gaza and answered with 'Israel is a small country and we must defend ourselves from our enemies so that it (holocaust) doesn't happen again.'

Will other religious leaders visit Palestine as well sometime?

top topics

join