It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aus PM Gillard + Obama same same

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I said to my wife when Gillard got in, "SHE IS AUSTRALIA'S OBAMA'.
I also said if there is any conspiracy in it,Gillard will be the next pm no matter what,she will then take down the country,the face of behind the scenes string pullers.We have yet to see this.
Obama first black president
Gillard first female PM

Last night on ABC news Gillard came out and said "she would use some of Obamas policies".

I nearly fell off my chair!!
Cant find much on it yet,so if anyone has anything post here.
I did find this.

Yes we will, Gillard tells Labor
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
wow i wonder if she's gonna allow islamication of the country like what obama did to ours

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Islam is already well entrenched here,melb,syd especially.
However other religions are well entrenched here,i do not see them as any better,especially pedophile priests.Iam anti religion,but not anti God.

This statement from Gillard is not about petty religion of any kind,its about taking policies from a world leader as she cannot think of her own.
Abbott is the face for the globalist corporate agenda,his reputation for screwing the working class to benefit big business is well documented.

Aussies are in a lose lose situation with this election,with a pick from the bottom of two barrels.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Congrats on your foresight !
I, too, feel corporate globalists run the races, can't remember the last election when our choices were Not "lose-lose."

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I wont be voting for anyone come sat, (or anyone ever again for that matter). what was georgi bush's famous quote, "fool me once shame on ....you....uhhh....... a fooled man cant be fooled again" ha ha ha

However I do believe labor will win with the greens prefs and at least we will get our NBN, even though labor wants to censor the net ahhhhhhh its all so frustrating, But yeah I think Julia is channeling Obama meaning we will never leave the middle east and more waisted money, still better than Amen Abbott.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It really sucks how we're (Australia) a 2 party election, I'm voting the Sex Party, I just *hope* they get enough votes which means direct federal funding so they can put a dent in these pathetic parties that are the 2 main in Aus, Labor + the Coalition.

If you don't know of the Sex Party, www.sexparty.org.au... is a good start I think for a new party... Inline with my views anyway, unlike the 2 main parties.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thank you all for your posts.
I will check out the sexparty in a moment.

At least the greens will stop the isp filter.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is very important,as sites like ATS could be filtered out,oppression of free speech.

Neither party has an economic plan of any substance what so ever,and why we must ask?? Why no decent economic plans???

Because like the USA,our government answers to the central bank,the same central bank as the US.The large globalist corporations have got a foothold in here and it is becoming more and more obvious that big corporations hold big power over government,therefore when it comes to the crunch they cannot do anything for the economy,its the corporations and central bank that can take out the economy with one swift move,the government will be powerless.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I prefer to call her Julia Gillrudd, afterall, she may have replaced Rudd, but the same problems will contine, think my ballot paper will be blank on saturday, I don't really fancy contributing to my own downfall by voting one or the other

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I like the idea put forward on Good News Week last night - let's all vote Greens, seriously, could you imagine the look on Bob Browns face? Not to mention most of our insane laws would be turned upside down (in a good way).

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tramman2000

Replaced Rudd by stabbing him in the back,this STEAM ROLLING was backed by mining corporations, i guarantee it.
Look at Gillards history, hint- "MUA here to stay".Melb water front.
Bill Shorten will emerge soon you watch,his campaign started in tassie at the mine collapse.He has ties with all the big mining,thru union,it will be a few years but you watch.
A vote for ABBOTT is voting for John Howard,they are still in bed together,it will be the same government with Abbott as the face.

Neither party has any decent policies,in fact the SEXPARTY is looking good.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I don't know why people are afraid of politicians with union ties. My experience with unionists are that they're more on the level of the common person work-wise.

I just read the Sex Party policies and WOW, they pretty much want everything I want, and are in complete contrast to any of the major parties. If only enough people knew about them and voted for them..

I was going to donky vote but I'll be voting for Sex Party now.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Thanks for your post.I dont think people fear union linked politicians,just weary of them.While the unions take care of the worker,do not think for a moment that underhanded deals dont get done,i have been part of this first hand,i had 300 members to keep happy.Deals are struck behind closed doors,admittedly to benefit both party's but still not 100% what the members want.Sometimes company's can offer nice personal incentives to union reps to keep issues OFF THE TABLE.

Still workers would be far worse off without them,its unfortunate they have lost so much power.

The sexparty surprised me,some rather good thinking,however too politically incorrect for the politically correct society we live in.Still they will get my preference.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I come from a family involved heavily in a union so believe me I know the underhand deals that go on.
Like you said though it's to benefit both parties involved.

What do you mean by incentives given to keep things off the table?

You're also right about the Sex Party, despite how right their views are the 'common people' of Australia most likely dismiess them the moment they see the name of the party.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm dissapointed with the lack of Australian politics on ATS.
I'm no good at starting threads so I've never made my own and it seems with only a few days left there's not much point.

I don't understand why Labour continues to allow Senator Conroy to run his mouth with anti-Internet speech that he knows nothing about.
I mean seriously, he says thousands of Australians every day are having "spams and scams" coming through their "portals" and infecting their computers. He is obviously incompotent at his job and if Labour dropped him and the whole NBN/Filter they would easily get the upper hand against Abbot.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

By incentives i mean Hypothetically of course

an all expenses paid holiday while EBA negotiations taking place so a particular costly issue is forgotten about.
Once EBA passed they have another 3 yrs they dont have to worry about the issue.Done and Dusted,iam sorry your rep was on holidays and did not bring up the issue with management so we will look at it in the next EBA,3 years away.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Haha, I getcha.

I'm only a new voter and haven't focused on elections or politics much until this year so a lot of it doesn't make sense to me like having someone who knows nothing about the Internet being a communications minister, or why the Greens who are against Labours policies give them their preference votes.

Am I missing something or is the Government here full of clowns?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

The two party system has its flaws no doubt. So what do you do if you dont like either ????

Yes you can drop your ballot paper in the bin unmarked, but what does that achieve, basically nothing.

Governments worldwide have all the same illnesses, the thing that gets me is politicians dont have to be qualified, WHY, I dunno.

Just imagine if there was an entrance exam for politicians, HUH !!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I started a thread ages ago but it was hijacked by a fanatical Greens supporter so I gave up on it lol

link to other thread

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Haha classic, with Bob's picture in his avatar and all.

Can someone tell me why the Greens give their preference votes to Labour even though they are against their policies?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Hahahaha yeah I noticed that as well.. that's only new I think.. obsessed much??

According to Bob, 'because they have to give them to someone'.

Seriously...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join