It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New viewpoint for the coming "ascension"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I am not sure if this idea has been presented before, at least i could not find anything similar with a quick ats&google search.

Many different new age ideas and religions seem to have one thing often in common, and that is the idea of spiritual evolution/ascension/dimensional shift etc.

I started thinking about how this would start to manifest, rather than speculating about what it would be like.

There is a clear increase in claimed "spiritual occurances", even lucid dreaming could be considered such. Nowadays it is not uncommon to be or know someone who is able to lucid dream more or less regularly.

What if dreaming is a necessary function for our "being", just as is being awake is. Let me explain

While being awake you take care of the physical side of things, you see after your body so that it is in good health and safe. While sleeping, you take care of the spiritual side of your being.

What i am proposing is that maybe dimensional shifts happen so that we gradually shift into the spiritual (dream) side of things. When we are more in the dream state than in the awake state, maybe we automatically start to be lucid in our dreams, "waking up" night after night to the same dream.

This might be the moment that we as a species understand how temporary our physical existence is, since the dream state becomes what we currently call being awake.

Mass extinctions would happen because the said species is not able to survive when it is awake so little of the day. Humans currently sleep lets say 8 hours per day on average. Could we survive if by 2012 we sleep 12 hours on average? I think we could as a species, but it would cause a chaos in our society. Our productivity (working hours) would drop significantly.

In a sense this has already started. Can you not see our society crumbling before our eyes? The same thing happens with animals, species are going extinct every day. We have managed to artificially keep ourselves alive this long, but things will not get better before we create a new civilization that acknowledges this dream state of being. Until then we as a species follow the evolution path of animals - only the strongest will survive.

There are many people on ATS who swear they know/feel that something big is going on. Someone might call this mass delusion, i think naming it that would be just the easiest way around the real question.

"What if?"

[edit on 8/16/2010 by above]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is a great post.

I was just thinking this morning that up until now we've been blaming crumbling society on the 24-hour news cycle or the Internet.

People say it's just because we are aware of more and not necessarily that more disasters/crises are happening.

Now, though, I think it would be hard to deny that things are accelerating, even for a hard core skeptic.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You're saying because we're not sleeping enough, we are going to crumble?

Have we been in a state of crumbling since the dawn of man? Because I'm pretty sure people didn't sleep 12 hours a day before the modern age.

Is that right?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What's the difference between being awake and dreaming? What is dreaming?

Need and want are just death trying to be alive.

No ascension is going to happen if it hasn't already happened, entering an infinite paradigm isn't possible unless you are already there.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I am saying that the increased sleep time across species is going to place natural selection burden on everything living. You have less time to accomplish the same things needed to survive.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
After spending my entire adult life dealing with lucid dreams with paralysis and the ability to open my eyes while in the dream state, I can assure you that, as I am moving further and further apart from each episode, I am relieved.

Seriously, the Lucid State is your Conscious within the Dream world, it is not pretty if you have "issues", and it is very frustrating to make it stop even if the person is as fortunate as I am to be able to manipulate the dream.

I think it is an interesting playground but it is not the Spirit World. This is the World where your more likely to find yourself Abducted because the fear within creates the reality and the ability to let "them" over. They do not exist in the Spirit World anyone wants to find themselves in, "they" are inter-dimensional, not Spiritual.

As for the Ascending part, I am sorry but we are not here to Ascend if we plan on still living on the planet. If you find yourself Ascending, you have simply died; well maybe not too simply.

If you find yourself presented with a "Harvest" I would run like heck in the opposite direction, because a harvest of souls is not an Ascension it is an Abduction.

This is where you want to find yourself in the end of it all, living on Earth with Heaven on Earth. The funny thing about people saying this is Hell on Earth, it isn't, but Hell is trying to make it through, one little demon at a time. We will finally stop the victimization that takes place in the Dream World by closing those doors forever, then it will be a tool or playground on which we can explore and learn. Right now it is infiltrated and it is not part of Spiritual Growth. Trust me or not, I can only go on what I have directly experienced here and there.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i would have to agree with you, im sure somewhere i read about our brain activity when we sleep, is more active than awake!

maybe in the future we wont have to sleep or , what i think that there is somthing great &
amazing after life, as we leave our physical bodies to out spirtual world where we have no drama and worries just one love!

of course there is a "master " or somthing that created us, there has to be 1 teaspoon of blood has enough information & matter to populate the world 450x the population right now! it is just to perfect and complex to just of been formed. from a bang or evolve.

were here to enjoy this vessel of life and to experience dualism at its most extreme and live a life where no one else can be identical in this lifetime!

peace in the middle east!OneLovE

top topics

join