It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim leaders to abandon plans for Ground Zero community center

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by willow1d

I hope their sources are correct. At least someone is listening to the American people even tho' the President and his administration won't.

That would be the voices that only agree with you right?

Or did I miss some meeting where all of America came to some unanimous decision?

A Mosque in a cultural center three blocks away isn't exactly "ground zero" nor did the people building it down the twin towers so I don't get the whining.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

What a laugh..you site that moron as proof that Christians stone people now. Pretty lame!! Didn't they just stone some poor guy in Iran last week? Haven't heard about any stonings here in the us in quite a while I expect!!.

Zindo

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by hippomchippo

What a laugh..you site that moron as proof that Christians stone people now. Pretty lame!! Didn't they just stone some poor guy in Iran last week? Haven't heard about any stonings here in the us in quite a while I expect!!.

Zindo

Just because Christianity isn't a theocracy anymore doesn't mean it wouldn't go back to it's roots if it was allowed to.

There are huge amounts of extremist christians calling for people to be killed, just look at westboro baptist church.

You haven't heard much stoning in the U.S because the U.S is a multicultural nation that accepts all religions, or so it seems.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman

I'm sure they expected "some" resistance to the idea.

I just don't think they expected "68%" of Americans to be against it.

There is a big difference when assessing risk management for a venture. If they had seriously expected 68% of Americans to be againstthe building, they would not have wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars designing, engineering, and getting permits.

Business men/women, muslim/catholic/whatever, DO NOT waste large sums of money for fun, contrary to common belief.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

How many Muslim murderers are on death row in US prisons?
Okay.
Now how many Christians?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Since when do the few countries (six) speak for all Islam?
stop-stoning.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Just because Christianity isn't a theocracy anymore doesn't mean it wouldn't go back to it's roots if it was allowed to.

I'm going to actually agree with you on that one. We cannot afford to replace evil with more or different evil.

That's why we in an enlightened western society need to keep up our education based on science and not mythology. It will take time, but logic is slowly starting to make headway into our culture. We cannot afford to ever let this slip backwards, because once religious fervor takes over, it will be VERY hard to stamp it back out.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

What is this about "American Hosts"? These people are AMERICAN CITIZENS JUST LIKE YOU.

GO BACK TO YOUR CAVE.

Despite that Americans have shown lack of understanding, perhaps this is for the best.

Then again, what good does it do if they simply cave?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

The purpose of rights is to protect the minority from the rule of the majority..

Amazing that you can't understand that.

Rights were supposed to be inalienable. That means they can't be taken away! Regardless if 1000 people think that 1 person shouldn't have the same rights.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

What is this about "American Hosts"? These people are AMERICAN CITIZENS JUST LIKE YOU.

GO BACK TO YOUR CAVE.

Despite that Americans have shown lack of understanding, perhaps this is for the best.

Then again, what good does it do if they simply cave?

Don't like the word "host"? Here's why I used it. Do some research ...

For example, on the person who will be the imam and who is the driving force behind building this mosque - if this mosque is built:

source

Feisal Abdul Rauf
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Feisal Abdul Rauf

Born 1948
Kuwait
Occupation Imam
Known for Sponsor of Cordoba House
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf (Arabic: فيصل عبد الرؤوف‎, born in 1948, in Kuwait)
In a 2001 60 Minutes interview, Abdul Rauf condemned the 9/11 attacks as un-Islamic.

and

But in the same interview he made a comment which has attracted criticism, as he also stated that the U.S. was "an accessory to the crime that happened", because "we have been accessory to a lot of innocent lives dying in the world." In 2010 he declined to state that Hamas was a terrorist organization.

The man is from Kuwait - we are therefore his American hosts - whether you like the term or not. He also has espoused views about the responsibility for 9/11 and Hamas that are not what we would call mainstream American viewpoints, and certainly enough to call into question his choice of building sites.

Enough to create the issues we've all been debating IMO.

[edit on 8/16/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

How many Muslim murderers are on death row in US prisons?
Okay.
Now how many Christians?

Raw numbers like this never tell the real story, and you should know that.

The only way any meaningful comparison of this type can be made is to post the numbers as a percentage of their relative populations - in this case muslims on death row as a percentage of all muslims in the U.S.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Way to cut and paste what's convenient from a Wikipedia article. Here's some things you neglected to include from it:
Feisal Abdul Rauf

"Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf... is an Arab-American Muslim..."

Born in Kuwait, but an American citizen. We're not his host. This is his country now, as much as anyone else who is a citizen here. Get over it already.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

bring back the mosque...

AND

... the gay bar right next to it.

we need to learn to live together and respect each other. or do the muslims not respect anyone but themselves? and what about the christians - do they not respect anyone but themselves?

[edit on 16-8-2010 by normal_human_being]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist

Originally posted by hippomchippo
MUSLIMS DON'T VIEW TERRORISTS AS HEROS.

LIES!

See through your bigotry for a second and go visit a mosque, you'll be surprised to see there are no chants for the death of America.

Really? Which mosques? In Iran? Yemen? Saudi Arabia? How about in Gaza? Some of those mosques perhaps?

Or maybe you mean the little "fronts" they have setup in the US to show how absolutely peaceful they are. Surely they woudln't want to rule the world or anything, that's not what the "religion of peace" is all about now is it?

Pffft.

Hopefully one day you apologist types won't have to deal with us saying we told you so. The quicker this Islam cult (and any who try to replace it) gets destroyed the better for all of humanity.

Each point you make is wrong here is direct evidence contradicting what you say.

My name is Gentill Abdulla. I am a Muslim. Us Muslims do not view terrorists, as in extremists Muslims or any other kind of extremists, as heroes.

Nor do we have any death chants.

And coming from a person who has actually been a part of a Mosque since the very beginning there are absolutely no death chants from any Mosque I have ever been too. This means Mecca, a different one in Houston, Hamza Masjid, Al-Amin, I don't remember the name of this one but it's green, and Medina, again a different one in Houston.

So by that I create a poll...

6 out of 6 Mosques DO NOT PRACTICE death chants towards America.

Hopefully one day we will all be rid of people who go about saying things without understanding the very basic teachings of the thing they hate so much.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Muslims are at a higher percentage in US prisons than any other group! Just numbers but still, not something to be happy about!

Muslims prison population!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Muslims are at a higher percentage in US prisons than any other group! Just numbers but still, not something to be happy about!

Muslims prison population!

Zindo

Funny how you didn't mention why isn't it?

They convert for protection

Prisoners told Dame Anne during her inspection that offenders at the jail are converting to Islam because they want the protection of belonging to a big Muslim group. One inmate quoted in the report said:”Yes, there is a gang culture here which is becoming an issue. A lot of people are becoming Muslim just because it a bigger group."

Another inmate warned that all violence in the jail was gang related and that Long Lartin was in danger of turning into an American-style prison. He said: "If you are not in a gang, you’re in trouble. People are converting to Islam for protection.”

Then they aren't Muslim. What it means to be Muslim isn't just converting for protection.

Show the entire side of the story next time.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Go read the wording on some of the polls. Not the best. I did run across a few polls that were more in line with this one...but they weren't broadcast far and wide.

Again, the wording makes a huge difference. What bothers me about this poll though is that it didn't show the numbers (that I could find, anyway).

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Sorry, but what you posted is also not a declaration of war against the US.

Sure it is. Once again :

The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies -- civilians and military -- is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque [Mecca] from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim. This is in accordance with the words of Almighty Allah, "and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together," and "fight them until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah."

Not sure how you can't see it. Unless of course you are in denial, or a Muslim apologist.

Islam must be crushed? What of the people?

Yes, crushed. Destroyed. Taken out of existence. That is the only way this will ever stop. Some people don't have the stomach for it and I understand that. We're not up against a country but an extremely backwards ideology that is not helping people, it is killing people, all in the name of God.

You ask what of the people? I ask you what of the people they have killed? Tens of thousands of innocents killed, many times that wounded and maimed, in less than a decade. The real death toll could be much much higher.

Yet we see no one in Islam doing a damn thing to stop this behavior. This is what I meant about the silent masses. We hear death threats (and we know they aren't empty ones as past evidence shows) over freaking cartoons hurting their sensitivities, and do they care about ours? Hell no, they want to build their little cult center near where the effect of their "religion" murdered 3000 innocent people! Where's the respect for OUR sensitivities?

What about the people? Screw the people, they will do just fine without being in this barbaric death cult called Islam.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Nice circular logic you use there. Point is, they ARE Muslims. They converted under duress. By any meaning is the same for the rest of us who do NOT convert or be victims of those same Muslims who caused the very same prisoners to convert. Convert or die sounds like a lot of fun. OK, we had that little problem of 'The Spanish Inquisition" but since then I don't see many people converting to Christianity under duress in prison. Mostly they convert or become Christians to try to convince the parole board of their future good intentions.

Zindo

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Nice circular logic you use there. Point is, they ARE Muslims. They converted under duress. By any meaning is the same for the rest of us who do NOT convert or be victims of those same Muslims who caused the very same prisoners to convert. Convert or die sounds like a lot of fun. OK, we had that little problem of 'The Spanish Inquisition" but since then I don't see many people converting to Christianity under duress in prison. Mostly they convert or become Christians to try to convince the parole board of their future good intentions.

Zindo

If christian groups where a majority there then they would convert to Christianity for protection.

The fact of the matter is they aren't real Christians or Muslims.

In Islam you have to BELIEVE that there is no diety but Allah, and that Muhammed is his messenger.

If you are just converting for protection then you don't BELIEVE IT!!!!!

Hence you aren't a Muslim.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join