It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to Fund Israeli Purchase of 20 F-35 Joint Strike Fighters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

US to Fund Israeli Purchase of 20 F-35 Joint Strike Fighters

www.democracynow.org

Israel is one step closer to purchasing twenty F-35 Joint Strike Fighter warplanes built by Lockheed Martin.

The $2.75 billion arms deal will be paid for by American taxpayers as part of the US military aid package to Israel.

Israel will become the first foreign country to sign an agreement to buy the F-35 outside the eight international partners that helped to develop the plane.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-8-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
2.75 BN Dollars!
Man American Taxpayers would be the most generous people on the face of this planet if it weren't for the fact that they are financing this without their knowledge or approval.

$2.75BN is ALOT of money that could really help some businesses right now and people, no to mention tent cities.

Instead of helping sending so much money to Israel everyday or propping up foreign govt.s with bribes they could help the poor and unemployed, instead you have people saying that the unemployed are lazy.

What a big mess of a whole lot of stupidity!!!!

When will people rise up against this corruption?

www.democracynow.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This has to be a joke, right?

It is sad that this is real, not only did Israel not pay for the development, but the US taxpayers are having to pay for this purchase. And people wonder why our country is being destroyed.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

www.aerospaceweb.org...

F-35 is specialized in air-to-ground attacks, easily referred to as "flying bomb truck".

[edit on 8 16 2010 by wisdomnotemotion]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Lockmart is the winner here, they get paid regardless of who does the financing.

The military-industrial complex harbors no ethical qualms, just keep sending in the dough by the wheel-barrel please.

The argument from the right (and admittedly some from the left) will be it will keep American jobs here in America.

I understand the government has defensive agreements with Isreal, but right now, we need this money. Let Isreal buy her own fighters. We will always protect her, but this is a bit much.

Schools need this money, students, small businesses , solar start ups, the list is never ending.

We also swear to defend Europe and Japan, but we don't give away fighters to these countries.

Who is next in line suck the teat of America. Iraq?

edit for clarification

[edit on 16-8-2010 by ErEhWoN]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is totally absurd. Need i say more? I mean come on!

"Military aid" wth is that ?!
aid seems to be used for pretty much anything.

Whats next? USA to provide police aid?

[edit on 8/16/2010 by above]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Holy Moley....

It's part of an AID PACKAGE?

I'm quite literally speechless. That doesn't happen often with me.

I'm sorry but what the %$# is the US Gobbument thinking?
F-35s are super advanced, top of the range fighter-bombers. The sort of fighter jets that will require highly advanced weapons systems to take them out.

I don't think the countries near Israel have a lot of tools to combat this particular type of fighter.

I feel like I'm about to explode.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

i bet china are happy about this
as Israel will do what it does best

modify the plane, claim its redesigned it and somehow leak the designs to china
who then can build their own counter to the f-35

americans are crackheads, with so much debt the country seems to be #ting money

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
When can I fly one of these bad boys? I at least paid taxes since I was 18. I can't wait I'm going to be like George Bush.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's part of the new jobs bill.

I can hear it now, 10,000 jobs saved by the contractors building the planes.

Go MIC.

Now, who was saying this admin was ANY different than the previous.

I think I heard someone mention GW.

I see, it was you RR. C'mon you can say it.

You can be just like Obama.

I can be like Barry.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Nice! Just what they need!

P.S. No sarcasm at all.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The title of this post is :

US to FUND Israeli Purchase of 20 F-35 Joint Strike Fighters

My Question is:

"WITH WHAT ?? You don't have any money America to be Giving it away !!"

Even I think the Pres has lost his marbles on this one !!!

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hey. How come Israel gets the 'Gold Card' US Ally package with all the free Billions of cool stuff?

Poor old UK trundling into one war after another is stuck on Blue Card and has to bankrupt itself for the privilege of participating. Haven't we accrued enough loyalty points?

If we pick some fights with our neighbours and act all mean and surly can we get some free JSFs too? Can we can we huh huh?

joking, sort of :-)

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarrok

More like "HOLY" Money!

I was wondering why the Israelis took down the wall in the middle of Jerusalem, now we know why. They are getting 20 F-35 Strike Fighters for free to patrol the area... This is only going to boost Zionist's egos and their thirst for war in the Middle East all the while pissing off every Muslim in the area.

So, what is the deal here again? We give them 20 of the best jet fighters around and the Zionist promise to not let our economy and way of life collapse? Gee, I wonder who brokered the deal?

I guess we already conquered a couple of countries in the Middle East, might as well take them all while we are over there. Who cares about the expense… World Domination is afoot!!!

I am glad to be on the U.S.'s side but is it the right side?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This makes me sick.

I can't wait for the day israel has to fight it's own battle, and finally the one true terrorist state is wiped off the face of the earth.

I love Jews, you can do whatever you want, but you let the government that represents you and tries to equate itself with you so that it cannot be questioned get OUT OF CONTROL!

I spit in israels direction.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Jeanius]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Mate, props for your insatiable thirst on getting things straight for the rest of the citizens of ATS. There must be a balance to the ignorance ruling worldwide.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I can expect the Israeli lobbyist here in ATS to either avoid this thread, or come and explain to us how Israel needs to survive in a hostile environment which Israel created lol

I love how predictable they are, here we come

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
i want WWIII. I want it to happen soon.

With all of the money that is spent in the middle east by the US, with all of our men and women losing their lives over there.... and for what? WHAT?

nothing will stop. nothing will change. they will keep fighting forever. that is, until there are none of them left to fight or no more fight left in them.

so, bring it on. i'm tired of the false promises from both sides. do it. do it now.

free the rest of the planet from your uselessness. there are millions of starving children in the [WORLD] that could use all of that $$$.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by normal_human_being]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
There is a reason Israel gets all the latest and greatest hardware. Dont you guys realize they are in the middle of a huge testing ground for US equipment? China, Russia, etc havent fought wars in a long time so even though they are developing hardware themselves, nobody REALLY knows how well it works. Well the US's hardware is being put to use contatantly by either the US themselves, or Israel .......cause the US always knows Israel will be fighting.

Israel is nothing more than a giant test bed for US military hardware. No simulation needed.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
There is a reason Israel gets all the latest and greatest hardware. Dont you guys realize they are in the middle of a huge testing ground for US equipment? China, Russia, etc havent fought wars in a long time so even though they are developing hardware themselves, nobody REALLY knows how well it works. Well the US's hardware is being put to use contatantly by either the US themselves, or Israel .......cause the US always knows Israel will be fighting.

Israel is nothing more than a giant test bed for US military hardware. No simulation needed.

Good comment.

The large corporations which comprise the American Military Complex, have no allegiances other than almighty dollar . I wonder how much money they spent lobbying, to get this deal through.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join