It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

churches in the arab world?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Three_moons

There are still no churches at all in Saudi Arabia.

I'm well aware of that and didn't state that there were but simply added related information. I too read about the non denominational church.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

No it's not.
I have already stated that there are Christian's in Saudi Arabia.

I am not the one making assumptions.

But there is no building in Saudi Arabia whose primary function is to serve as a place of worship for Christians!
Somebody's living room does not constitute a church; in fact the practice is similar to that of early Christians who had to worship in secret for fear of persecution from Romans etc.
How Islam seems to have progressed!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Romans 16:5 (New International Version)5Greet also the church that meets at their house. Greet my dear friend Epenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in the province of Asia.
1 Corinthians 11:18 (New International Version)18In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it.
1 Corinthians 16:19 (New International Version)
19The churches in the province of Asia send you greetings. Aquila and Priscilla[a] greet you warmly in the Lord, and so does the church that meets at their house.

All above quotes comes from bible gateway. you said "But there is no building in Saudi Arabia whose primary function is to serve as a place of worship for Christians! " I should have said the Church does not need a building to have a primary function of worship in order to be called a church. Even today in many places [Canada] there are groups that gather in homes and I would call them part of the whole Church .peace

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Muslim Community Center
Keith Olbermann - Special Comment

Video A must watch .... peace www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

We are splitting hairs.

Nothing alters the fact that public worship of any religion other than Islam is not allowed in Saudi Arabia and the construction of any building for such purpose is strictly forbidden.

The penalties for ignoring these laws are severe and in accordance with Saudi interpretation of Sharia Law.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Personally.. if they are going to build a mosque at Ground Zero... I want to build a Cathedral at Mecca.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

woow what a wonderful speech that was , i have to respect this man.

thank you for adding this link.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Did anyone ever look into The Greek (Eastern) Orthodox Church based in Constantinople?

Tell me how tolerant Islam is after seeing how a Church and religion older than Islam, is being treated. This Church even has an authentic letter from Mohammad telling his subjects to treat this Church with respect.

So much for what the founder says.

I am sick of Islamic apologists telling everyone,"it's not me" or "no one asked me". Well, that may be the case, but it is your God forsaken religion at work. Maybe the apologist should consider a different religion of real peace and goodwill towards men.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join