It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civility, decorum and the Aliens and UFO Forum

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I came to ATS to escape the nastiness that permeates the less intelligent sites out there. I take it personally when such behavior occurs since I assumed thats why we all joined! Thanks for reminding everyone why this site exists and encouraging our community to treat others the way they would want to be treated!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I agree, debate the post not the poster

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MoeFugga

2 out of 5 new posts on the same topic? I look forward to your posts.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Field?
What field?
99% of the UFO postings are from surfing You Tube or some website!
That's not reseach!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
hello to everyone reading this. My names jaime and i read posts off the site daily, however never comment so the need to make an account was pointless. Now since im a new member i cannot make my own post til ive reached 20 comments. the problem lies with the fact i do not have the patience to make 20 comments and the only reason i made this account was for some one to debunk some photos i took this weekend in victor, Ny right before a very violent short storm took place. If any ones interested in observing, commenting and debunking this pictures it would be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
RESPECT. Hey, I think one of the core argument in the OP's article is that people need to treat other's opinion's with RESPECT. I have my opinion on a lot of things (aliens in particular). But I don't belittle those who think different than me. I will polietly disagree, with an empasises on polietness. People on the internet disagree so severly. Can we please all be poliet? Do you understand that your cause is ruined by being so rude? I never post to any site, but I will do it this one time.

Please, treat other person's opinon with respect. After all, you could be wrong... and that would make you the biggest fool of all.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Around April 2000 Chile was surrounded by paranormal activity. There were several UFO sightings, including one case which saw police chase after a set of strange lights believing them to be signals from a secret landing strip. All they found though was a weird triangular burn mark on the ground. At the same time as the sightings there were also reports of unexplainable howls in the nights and the slaying of at least 30 animals (pigs, dogs and ducks) all killed in the same way – completely drained of blood. These were put down to the legendary Chupacabra or ‘Goatsucker’. Is the chupacabra an alien creature surviving in Chile or a new breed of genetically mutated animal?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Very similar to the Roswell incident, Kecksburg, Pennsylvania in 1965 was the apparent location of a spectacular UFO crash. Subsequently there was a cover-up of this. In December that year there were sightings of a fireball that streaked across the sky over Michigan and northern Ohio. Sonic booms could then be heard around Pennsylvania, which resulted in the object scattering hot debris that caused grass fires, before finally crashing in the woods. What was found is pictured: an acorn-shaped object that was the size of a Volkswagen Beetle and reportedly had what looked like Egyptian hieroglyphics around its midsection. The U.S. army soon showed up, took the thing away and remained tight-lipped over the whole incident.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
4. 1957 Levelland case: police investigated numerous motorist reports of engines stalling when encountering a glowing, egg-shaped object. Motorists claimed that their vehicles had restarted after the "object" had left.

Explanation: an air force investigation concluded that an electrical storm had caused the sightings and vehicle failures.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
4. 1957 Levelland case: police investigated numerous motorist reports of engines stalling when encountering a glowing, egg-shaped object. Motorists claimed that their vehicles had restarted after the "object" had left.

Explanation: an air force investigation concluded that an electrical storm had caused the sightings and vehicle failures.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
It's really sad that there are a number of people who cannot engage in respectful and intelligent discussion here.

Lots of childish stuff. It doesn't bode well for humanity at large when such a tiny microcosm of global communication is so messed up. So on the one hand, I hope this forum stinks for a unique reason.

On the other, I think we'll all doomed unless there's some kind of extraterrestrial intervention.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bethy

An outright lie like the above, where the air force is basically saying that an electrical storm looks like an egg should tell all the deniers here that they are being lied to.

Since we have had many, many, sightings and vehicle failures, could they all be explained away by electrical storms? No they cannot. So the deniers should get a clue, and if they did, it would make ATS a lot better place, instead of a place for them to come and argue for the sake of enjoying arguing.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If there is nothing to ET or alien then don't waste your time on it. Some people psychologically may have a problem with some UFOs being ET craft. I don't but some are like that.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It is really great that comments are moderated here so the discussion doesn't de-volve into an ugly name calling and insulting fest. I have been on many other websights previously and let me tell you, it's like talking to a bunch of 13 year olds. This is one of the features I am growing to love here on this discussion forum. Star and Flag for you!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by phillipplaitklasss
If there is nothing to ET or alien then don't waste your time on it. Some people psychologically may have a problem with some UFOs being ET craft. I don't but some are like that.

I notice that as well and maybe it has to do with their religion?
People are indoctrinated so thoroughly in their beliefs sometimes it is hard for them to let go.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Was never aware of this thread neformore but glad I stumbled upon it. Though it was made in 2010 what you stated rings ever so true in 2013.

Thank you~

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join