It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civility, decorum and the Aliens and UFO Forum

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

This is so great to hear!! I just came from another forum where people blatently called you vulgar and derogatory names for claiming ET or UFO visitation! I think I will like this forum much better, already I can see the maturity level on ATS is 10000x's greater than the other forums
Thank you for this!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash
I would like to make a suggestion regarding the nature of posts in this forum. I suggest that posts involving religion, as we see here regularly - mentioning God, demons and other religious topics, be moved to an existing or new forum pertaining specifically to to religion. The reason for this is first that the religious nature of the post supersedes the alien and UFO content and that second, critical examination of the UFO and alien phenomena should be dealt with on an objective, scientific basis, and not a religious one, due to the absence of objectivity, analysis and science in matters of religion. Such association tends to cloud rather than clarify any meaningful examination and analysis of these phenomena.

Moderators and administrators, please consider this. Members, please share your views.

Your kidding me! How is it that so many people miss the fact that they are one in the same. The bible is prefaced (The english version) clearly stating that it is a supernatural book. Supernatural means ET / UFO’s. There is even mention of a UFO in the bible where god pays us a visit in his chariot in the Ezekiel chapter. The bible is filled with mention of telepathy IE the holy ghost and the holy spirit. This is also why Moses needed the arc of the convenient to talk to god. God can hear our thoughts and prayers, but telepathy has a limitation in range, so a radio device was used for those times. I even asked a non believer in aliens one day, if they were sitting down minding there own business, and started to hear voices in there head, what might they think is going on. At first she thought she could be having a breakdown, but not everyone in the bible could be crazy so whats another idea, she said she might think its a spirit or a ghost. What a coincidence, two common words in the bible connecting telepathy to this understanding from a non believer of aliens.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The whole issue of UFO's, etc is for most people very difficult to deal with. So be it. I have always believed that acting in a respectful, civilized nature to what is arguably a very tough issue to deal with is the only way we, as free citizens, can openly "compare notes" Why do we make jokes among us when someone who works in our office die? I'll give you a hint. Because death scares all of us, we each of us as individuals may mean no personal disrespect, but to deal with such mind blowing issues? It ain't easy. The UFO issue is one of the more "befuddling" of our time. It presents an inherent paradox. When we expect a government to "protect us" and it can't, well want do you want? When objects appear in our sky, and totally screw with our air defense networks? What do you want to happen?

Total breakdown of the standard norms of society? No, the very best any government can hope to do is "keep a grip" on it. Deal with what they know and are trained to deal with. Something drops bombs on our citizens, we'll use all needed resources to blow it out of the sky. But beyond that? Our current technology can only see so much, and it ain't shabby, but an intelligence that can travel between star systems or dimensions? Oh, please. as my Dad would say when I got a little to frisky, "Don't make me come up there!"

Listen what it comes down to is no nation will dare lose its legitimacy by openly admitting yeah we know their here, and no, sorry, we can't do s*** about them. It may not be the comfortable answer you want, but its damn close to the "truth".

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

I think there are a multitude of valid reasons why aliens always have the edge on us, and hardly never leave proof behind. It’s a well known problem they can erase memory. Why would they need to ever do such a thing. The only reason is because they don’t want to be remembered. It’s obvious they don’t want to be identified. UFO’s that we can’t catch, some are able to go invisible. It’s even more obvious they can’t be nabbed. Stealth to our radar, and we cant fly as fast at them. They seem to have the edge on so many things.

There are reasons for all of this. I believe we originated from another planet. Abducted, memorys erased. Through a series of punishments handed down by our abductor (god) we are missing a few powers. The first punishment from Adam and Eve eating from the tree of forbidden fruit, was the loss of our power known as telepathy. My 30 years of study in the supernatural and paranormal tell me that most humanoid aliens have telepathy, except us. In Isiah 6 it looks like another power is removed called “perceive.”

And I agree that no government will ever admit we get visits from aliens. It’s like a car mechanic
you pay, charging you for not fixing your car. We pay our government to protect us, they wouldn’t possibly admit they are not in control.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
As many know, many business' depend upon 'Theory of Probability', Each day, we go from place to place believing we will get there-experience, odds tell us we can do it. Probality is an essential part of our life and...the Universe.
Alien contact with us will eventually be hostile. Why would an advanced civilization risk interacting with Humanity when, with the push of a button, the drop of a vial, we could destroy ourselves and them.
What do we have to offer an advanced friendly alien race. Nothing...
What do we have to offer an advanced hostile alien race. Our natural resources.

The many posts protraying Aliens as friendly show our inability to face the odds.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Has anybody ever heard of the use of incubators during abduction?

has anyone ever heard mention of this or know the significance behind this?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I would like to chime in on the issue of our Government and the breach of the public trust that has been in progress for decades. It does not take a rocket scientist or trial attorney (the latter of which I am one), to conclude that by the military's swift reaction to crashed objects and the confiscation of the physical evidence and transportation of the same to some air base where is lays hidden for years, and the subsequent denial of the existence of the same, along with NASA's denial of UFO's and anomalies on the moon and mars' surface, that we are being lied to and deceived.

First, other governments are disclosing more information on the subject that are we. My take is that a very few in power will do anything to protect the information they have even kill, and that they have killed people for disseminating this information. The black budget is REAL folks. We are not being told the truth of what is know by our government or the few who actually are in the KNOW.

Perhaps we should bring a Class Action Federal Lawsuit against the Government, subpoena all of the pilots, Nasa officials, astronauts etc. to testify in Court, Cross Examine NASA officials, obtain court orders directed at inspecting facilities, documents, videotapes and the like, and try the case once and for all for all the world to see. And while this is going on, have a private business send a satellite to the moon with the most powerful of cameras and simply video the back side in detail and send live feeds to several channels live on TV for all to see the truth of what is there so we can decide for ourselves. Then we can expose the lies and deceit that may or may not exist. At least our suspicion will either be confirmed or denied. It will however be a very sad day if we learn that the Government we have trusted for so many years has in fact lied to us and has committed felonies in the name of "Security" not to mention blatant violations of the Constitution. The Church has come out having no problem with the ET concept, so why not the US Government? Lets stop all the nonsense and simply let it be known.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
A Note About Baiting, And Threads Based On Baiting

An unfortunate recurring subtext in this forum involves creating threads or posts which target members who hold certain opinions with the aim of antagonizing and discussing them rather than addressing the topics for which this forum was created.

Such contributions don't belong in any forum on ATS, and most certainly not this one. Threads or posts along such lines are subject to closure or removal, and persistence in posting them will be met with all the sympathy such trolling deserves.

It is extremely important that discussion of controversial topics such as Aliens & UFOs remain focused and not devolve into flaming, derailment or other forms of disruption. The staff will do whatever is necessary to combat that, and we hope you will join us in the effort.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Hey sorry to stray to far from the topic but does anyone know what type of hostile aliens would have been involved in the abductions of the "forth kind" true story movie/documentary? iv'e been searching for that answer for some time now. Thanks

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kano1417

This wouldn't be the thread for that, but you're welcome to start a new one if you like. If you choose to do so, please include as much detail as you can and give our fellow members as much to work with as possible.

The combined brainpower and knowledge of the ATS membership can produce astonishing results when focused on a well-defined problem.

Give it a shot and see what happens.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Being more controlled into denying the presence of outside worlds.
As unlikely as this scenario may seem, it just adds up for me, I guess.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Very well explained. My personal opinion of ATS has risen.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I remember when I was driving late at night in Independence, MO USA, I had seen a small UFO at a low altitude I had chased it for a couple miles before I lost sight of it. Then, using my psychic ability, I had predicted its trajectory in which it had hoverflown to a position above McCoy Park here in Independence. I drove there and sure enough it was there. I got out of my car and then it quickly flew away. I guess whoever was piloting it thought I was too smart for him/her!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thank you very much. I am a brand new member and honestly I have been looking for somewhere to discuss my various theories and ideas with people who are like minded about them. As in, they don't say. "what are you talking about? Are you insane? You're so stupid." It makes me mad that people won't wake up and realize something is going on.... anyways. I am also only 17. So bear with me on any inaccurate statements I may say....

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This has been discussed AGAIN by the staff and there is going to even MORE scrutiny of posts in this forum. Civility WILL happen here. The staff cares not if one is a UFO believer or a skeptic. What we DO care about is that these topics are discussed civilly. If you have no respect for an opposing view, fine. At least have respect for the board. This is a fair warning to all.
edit on 22-4-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
opening that issue needs to have a good civil debate, that was the best thing to prove them.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kano1417
reply to post by Majic

Hey sorry to stray to far from the topic but does anyone know what type of hostile aliens would have been involved in the abductions of the "forth kind" true story movie/documentary? iv'e been searching for that answer for some time now. Thanks

Sorry about such a long comment after the post of yours, will give you this. As for "hostile aliens or whatever", it would seem that there are vey unpleasant things happening regarding "aliens, extra dimensional, etc that frankly do scare me a lot. We have heard of cattle mutilation and the early thoughts were "well at least they aren't targeting our pets" That is just not true. We have strong evidence of that now. I have no idea "what" they are, none. Good news? It does seem very rare, but is.

And there has been some reports though for obvious reasons about the same types of physical things very nasty happening to humans that is very highly compartmented with-in the TS/SCA,-SCI area so deeply buried, they won't let me peek at the stuff related to same. My clearance is very high but with SCI/SCA need to know criteria, they say I don't have that.

But I can clue you in on a hint. Police, military, and certain response teams all have their communications monitored, thanks to NSA and others, much less known. It was intercepted, though what I saw was a different agency group of guys with there air to the wind. Thats also how so many things like radar trace's and communications "disappear" That and blatant threats. As I have said like a broken record, no nation on Earth can dare admit we can't protect that nations own people. Thats how lack of confidence in any government breads fear, and total loss of confidence, sans normality.

Anyone out there remember the TV movie "Intruders" based on Bud Hopkins book of the same name? Very accurate in one above all aspects; A general talking to a shrink played by (I think) Richard Crenner asked him if he wanted to see amazing things said, and Im paraphrasing. General to shrinker; "We have women having their ovaries taken, people terrorized and abducted ageist their will, and more"

You know why what the system fears the most? Chaos, loss of faith the government can not perform its first duty, protect them from all the obvious, and not all obvious but of great concern the real scary stuff. General again to shrink; "The fact that people can take out a 30 year mortgage, and short of things they rarely think about, assume it meaning them, do. When they they loose the faith in our system, we have a real problem"

The shrink was offered the peek at most holy stuff, and offered a wow baby, very nice job, if he followed the NSC party line. He said no. And was told "your about to become a very lonely man" Some things are just not negotiable.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hi, I'm new to ATS or I would have posted a new thread. First off, I am a believer, I know for a fact we are not alone in this universe based upon the evidence presented to me. I need help finding a video that has fallen off my radar.. Can anyone tell me where it is, what it's name is, or send me a link please? Basically, after NASA stopped broadcasting live footage, a Canadian (I believe) TV producer downloaded countless hours of raw footage directly from NASA broadcasts that were encrypted. He was able to split frames, and find things not visible to the naked eye.. etc... There were conversations between the astronauts about lights flying around, or things being around them... I believe he has passed on now, so the video was in documentary form. The evidence presented in this video was in my mind the best I have seen. Amazing stuff.. I want to share this info with others... Someone help

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hi to everybody. I am a new member and a science journalist so I look forward to some interesting debates. I think I am supposed to reply to 20 different posts before I can post something myself? If that is not entirely correct somebody inform me. If that's the case it seems a pity cos I have something important to say. Never mind: In answer to the only current debate or problem outlined at the moment on this forum.....

I am also sometimes astonished at the vitriolic and gormless ravings of what one assumes are ill educated teenagers. Anyway go figure!.....

Hi again, and if I am allowed to say so, please Google Brian Noble 'The Third Explanation' We have a lot to talk about in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join