It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civility, decorum and the Aliens and UFO Forum

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I have a question, or maybe it's an issue.

I am a retired Xerox digital image repro technician and trainer, a retired old lady.

What I have been doing for four years is look at NASA photos to identify faults: skew, aspect ratio defects [due to pitch, roll and yaw of moving camereas]; inverts, extreme and undeveloped contrast; false hues, paint-overs and occultation [which is a software routine].

I have tens of thousands of NASA photos scrutinized and "corrected," the way I used to "fix" my copier customers' copies. I have photos of Venus, our Moon, Mars and Mars' moons, Jupiter's Moons, Saturn and Saturn's Moons, and Asteroids.

What shall I bring here for people to see? Or will I get banned for showing up with these photos which now have greater detail than their NASA equivalents. Yes, I provide SOURCE PHOTO links.

Thank you for your advice and consideration.

Shechaiyah

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shechaiyah
What shall I bring here for people to see? Or will I get banned for showing up with these photos which now have greater detail than their NASA equivalents. Yes, I provide SOURCE PHOTO links.

I have no idea why you would think that posting such information might result in your being banned, but I can assure you no such thing would happen -- at least, just for posting your work.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ahhh, but S.O; SOMEONE would bring up and assault the fact that they have been manipulated, aren't RAW images and so forth.

I will say that it's an occupational hazard here for sure!

I encourage her bringing her images to ATS, but, I fear for her ability to withstand the sometimes brutal judgement some members feel neccissary to make.

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What happens to me here is this.

If I put up twenty postings, my myATS listing show me shutting down twenty threads.

Moderators here don't LIKE that.

But I just shoot from the hip, say what I think and bring up real facts to substantiate what I say.

People get very quiet, and I get banned again.

I don't know how to put up twenty postings without getting banned again.

I would really like to start working on my Moon and Mars photos here, though.

:shrug:
edit on 16-11-2010 by shechaiyah because: I'm overruling myself.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by shechaiyah

You could try going into one of the less contentious social forums engaging in some inane chit chat then get threading as soon as you qualify, I'm very interested to see what you've got to show.
edit on 16-11-2010 by Thepreye because: n to make the then

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shechaiyah
I don't know how to put up twenty postings without getting banned again.

It's excruciatingly simple: don't insult our members.

When you condense everything we've ever said on the subject, it comes down to that simple truth.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I'm interested as well. If you show comparisons with source images, and "put your best foot forward" within your first thread or so, I don't see any reason why anyone reasonable would have any problems with that.

I'd just recommend that you don't deluge one thread with a hundred pictures at a time, post the very best examples you have first, and be willing to listen to reasonable explanations. Don't get defensive of your ideas, and remember that when someone is making an attempt to explain alternatives, they're not attacking your character (we see a lot of that kind of defensiveness).

You sound very open-minded and rational inside this thread. I doubt you'll have any problems (and if someone is being genuinely abusive, a quick report and ignore works wonders, and usually helps keep a thread in line).

Looking forward to seeing your work.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

Well, here goes and I hope folks here have as much fun confronting these images as I had, working on them.

Let me preface that new thread with some administrative information.

1. Yes, I have been in contact with NASA the whole time; and all they do is cheer me on.
2. Eighty percent of the images that I track are not worth even trying to fix because pixels got moved around and that's irreversible.
3. A lot of Moon images that people see as black-and-white are in fact color images cranked up to maximum contrast.
4. False color images are most prevalent in Mars and stellar images; but the Clementine Moon series has some of those too.
5. The learning curve to do this work has been very steep; and I keep throwing away old work and redoing it, not just because I've learned more now but also because my work deteriorates over time on any server.
And that's the only excuse you're going to get.

And now, on with the show.

Shech--

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

UM, where ARE the images...?

couple of hours wait and nada.
edit on 11/17/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: ok 14 hour wait...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

It appears the member rightly determined that this would not be the appropriate thread to share those photos. You might click on View Posts under the member dropdown in her mini profile to find them.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Where besides NASA databases [on-line] would you like me to find and get space photos?

I'm open to new ideas.

Shech--

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Impatient, eh? Bless your heart.

I'm not bringing old renditions here, just new ones.

The Moon photo I put up today took FOUR HOURS to render because it was black-and-white, and in order to reproduce it with depth perception, I had to add hues to it. That takes time or people look peagreen like soup.

I'm making a commitment to doing TWO new renditions each day; that's 730 a year unless something goes wrong. Notice, I don't take holidays or weekends OFF.

Is that an okay goal?

Shech--

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Condescension --due to the fact I receive back so much ridicule--

is, unfortunately, one of my strongest skills.

I promise I will try to keep things light ... Can you do the same?

I've already been named a "hoaxer" by someone who didn't like the date at the top of the photo.

Now, I'll be NICE, Skeptic. Can you guys be nice? I work very hard at this!

Shech--

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I'm sorry, yeahright, but I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I'm new. Please direct me to where I need to go to answer because I must have missed it.

Thanks.

Shech--

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Its not just the A&U forum that has been inundated by sarcasm and ridicule. Been coming here for a bit now, and there is always the post crasher to show up and get funky with their attitudes. I personally don't see this issue ever getting fixed here on ATS, but the effort is recognized and appreciated.
One of the "Out" methods for these individuals is to turn the table as though they are being the victim, when it is clearly no fault of self, but rather a out right cry for attention. "Will it ever end?" Probably not, "Will it ever get better for the forum and thread poster's?" it could if people were more open minded and courteous to one another. And the biggy "Will there ever be a true discussion without ridicule or verbal bashing?" I wish for that, but that still remains as such.
Love coming to the ATS forum's, it is something Look forward too every day, but as of lately, it has become hard to even throw something out there without some kind of unnecessary tongue lashing for different point's of view or out of the box thinking. But, without fail, I still return, s piratically, and cautiously.
Thanks for trying "Again Mod's" hopefully it will sink in sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well, one can limit one's conversations to topics over which total control over the subject is possible.

It's not fun to be accused of condescension and sarcasm when all you're trying to do is present data.

It's not fun at all.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
i wish every forum rated decorum as high as this place

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>