It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA Dust Regulation Revisited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Back in early July I posted this thread: EPA Sets Foundation For Unprecedented Dust Regulation

Now some new news clips have come out and further reinforce how retarded the EPA has become.

I know that no one wants another dust bowl but this has gone far beyond common sense. The EPA must really want to starve everyone including their own families.

Add to this the Senate bill makes it illegal to grow, share, trade or sell homegrown food.

WTF is the Federal Government attempting to do?

It is certainly not the will of the people nor is it in our best interest.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Over an Hour and no comments?

Wow...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
We have had dust control regulations in Calif for years.
And here is how they work.

In the valley that i live in many county dirt roads have 5 MPH speed limits because of dust.
Along side these roads are motorcycle and ATV trails with no speed limits because they are on BLM land.

People have been stopped driving on the county road for going 10 MPH in there trucks and as the ticket was being written motor cycles and ATVs were going by at 40+ mph and the cops could do nothing.
The cop had to stand there and choke on the dust while writing the ticket because his jurisdiction only covered the county road.

Another case i saw was a mining company that had a open pit mine.

They ran water trucks 24/7 to control dust from there mining operation.
The land outside there property was BLM land and used for large motorcycle races.
The state EPA had dust collectors mounted on the fence around the mine to check for excessive dust.
Every time there was a large motorcycle race the mine would be fined for exceeding the state EPA dust levels.
The mining company had 4 camera mounted on a tower to film all there operations to prove the dust was coming from the races and not there property. They would still get fined and the company still had to go to court to prove it was not there dust with all the time and court cost.

with the EPA going after farmers its not going to be the major corporate farms that will be hit as they will just send there company lawyers first and will pay few fines in the long run.

The small farmer don't have all the lawyer and will end up paying all there fines.

When the EPA enforcers see where they can get the most money the small farmers will find they will start getting most of the fines and the big companies will get few fines.

The big companies will not miss the loss of a number of $5000 fines when they are making millions a year.

But the small farmers will be hurt when they get just a couple $5000 fines and they are making $30,000 profit a year.

In the long run all these fines will do is put small farmers out of business and then the big AG companies will take over completely.

Most Non GM crops are grown by small farmers.
Once they are out of business all crops will be GM crops.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

It's retarded to regulate farms. Less Farms = Less food + Higher prices.

Add to that S 510 and you can see what the feds are doing.

Controling the food supply.

top topics

join