It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New reasons why homosexuals should not be able to use sperm donors

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Dr. Daily is not the appropriate kind of doctor to be considered an authority figure on non religious issues, from his biography:
www.frc.org...

Dr. Dailey received his Bachelors degree in Bible and Theology from Moody Bible Institute, his M.A. in Theological Studies at Wheaton College, and his Ph.D. in Religion from Marquette University.

Sure, he does have a Ph.D. but it's not in child development.

Here's an actual study with pragmatic data.

www.narth.com...

Taking issue with 20 years of research conclusions that say there are no differences, two University of California sociologists recently re-examined data from 21 studies on gay parenting dating back to 1980.

The new study by two University of Southern California sociologists says children with lesbian or gay parents show more empathy for social diversity, are less confined by gender stereotypes, and are probably more likely to explore homosexual activity themselves. Writing in recent issue of the American Sociological Review, the authors say that the emotional health of the two sets of children is essentially the same.

This would only bother you, if, of course, if you believed homosexuality to be "wrong."

Fortunately no one has to be oppressed by your personal religious beliefs in the USA.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by sremmos]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I do consider it a disorder, and the statement you made actually makes me stand by that. If changing the brain chemicals can change sexual orientation of flies, maybe it is a chemical embalance in the brain. This could mean a treatment is possible.

But, I do find your statement very very interesting and would like to know more. Do you possibly have a link to aid in research for me and everyone else on the board.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I see absolutely nothing wrong with a gay couple having children, the idea that it is wrong simply because the child would be confused or get picked on at school is absurd, that's part of life whether it's gay parents or heterosexual ones. I do believe that both a woman and man are vital in the upbringing of a child, as the two bring certain points of view and qualities to that upbringing that one or the other themselves do not... but that happens through friends and family anyway.

And Russ, a large percentage of children 'experiment' when they are young, usually with close friends, which means usually of the same sex. This is well known and is not homosexual...to imply that means it has something to do with sex when in reality it's natural curiosity. This would happen whether they have homosexual or heterosexual parents.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

Your link does show some things you may not have seen. It states that it does change a childs behavior.

ie: A child raised in a homosexual home is more likely to experiment in homosexual behavior.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
For the past 20 years studies have shown that children raised by homosexual couples are as emotionally healthy as children raised by heterosexual couples. Pragmatically you don't have a leg to stand on, Russ. This is just your personal bias backed only by your religious figureheads rather than real research.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ212
reply to post by sremmos

Your link does show some things you may not have seen. It states that it does change a childs behavior.

ie: A child raised in a homosexual home is more likely to experiment in homosexual behavior.

And? Are you suggesting that all children in heterosexual family's behave the same, and that if you find "differences in behavior" that this is necessarily evil or wrong?

Differences in behavior does not equal bad for the child. These differences can also be positive, such as homosexual experimentation demonstrating that these kids aren't bigoted at all, and after which when they realize they are heterosexuals, they live their lives as heterosexuals. Or hell, if they turn out gay so be it.

The majority of gays on the planet were raised by heterosexual couples.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I do consider it a disorder, and the statement you made actually makes me stand by that. If changing the brain chemicals can change sexual orientation of flies, maybe it is a chemical embalance in the brain. This could mean a treatment is possible.

But, I do find your statement very very interesting and would like to know more. Do you possibly have a link to aid in research for me and everyone else on the board.

Treatment?? First off there is nothing wrong with a gay person. It is necessary to accept a gay person as naturally born. And hopefully healthy - - just as they are.

We have colored contact lenses and hair dyes - - so people can change their naturally born colors - - if they choose to. But - there is nothing unnatural or wrong with the color they were born with.

If a procedure became available to change a person attracted to same sex - - to attraction to opposite sex - - - - would you force them to have that procedure - - so they are acceptable to you and your mind set?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Scientists Make Fruit Flies Gay, Then Straight Again

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

What is wrong with sexual experimentation?

The only "reports" I've seen against gay parenting - - have been religious based or from a god believer.

Kind of like the Prop 8 supporters. Belief is not a valid argument.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I believe that we can create treatment, that it should be made available to all that want it. I don't believe that it should be forced on people. It should be treated like any other mild chemical imbalance such as depression, bipolar disorder, or ADD/ADHD. People should be allowed access to it, but not forced to take the medication.

Hair color is not a chemical imbalance and it is only opinion that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality. No more or less than the opinion that there is something wrong with.

I do accept homosexuals as naturally born, much like I accept people with bipolar disorder. I do not think of them as less of people, nor do I think they should be treated poorly. But I do realize that they have a tougher "row to hoe" in life and I feel bad for them in this.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by russ212]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

While I am still exploring whether or not I believe in God, I must say that a non believers opinion is no more valid than a believers.

To excuse someones opinion based on religious or lack there of beliefs is wrong. Great achievements have come from both religious and non religious people.

I listen and consider peoples opinion from all walks of life, not just atheists, Christians or Muslims, but all people. By limiting who I listen to I may miss the truth. Everyone looks at every issue with some Bias. We look at the world and understand, based on what we believe in.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I believe that we can create treatment, that it should be made available to all that want it. I don't believe that it should be forced on people. It should be treated like any other mild chemical imbalance such as depression, bipolar disorder, or ADD/ADHD. People should be allowed access to it, but not forced to take the medication.

Hair color is not a chemical imbalance and it is only opinion that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality. No more or less than the opinion that there is something wrong with.

Doesn't matter if hair color is chemical imbalance or not - - has nothing to do with the point.

Point is - - gay need to be accepted as they are - - because that is their natural birth right.

If they themselves want to change something about themselves - - that is their right. No one elses.

ADD/Bipolar - - etc - - - affect a person's life by negative behavior action. I know because I have Bipolar episodes - - and have a daughter that is ADD.

Being gay is nothing like that. Being gay is a normal birthright.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I respect and appreciate your opinion, but I do disagree. Homosexuality does seem to make people life harder. They can not naturally have children, they are outside the social norms, and it is hard for them to fit into society.

I am Bi-Polar, my father is as well, I pray my children don't turn out to be as well. There are similarities, and anything that takes people outside of the social norm makes life difficult.

I don't condemn homosexuals, as a matter of fact I relate to their hardships. Does this mean that there is nothing wrong absolutley not. It is like stating that ADD is a birthright. Why are they treated by the system and forced to take drugs in school? Is that right? I don't know, but I think it deserves some thought.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I can just see it now - - paranoid parents forcing chemical treatments on their kids for fear they will be homosexual.

Just like what's happening with hyper-active children - - who are just hyper and not ADD.

My daughter had friends who's parents were so drug paranoid they forced their kids in drug programs. The kids weren't on drugs when they went in - - but they sure were when they came out.

Being born gay is a natural birth right. It is not an illness or behavior disorder.

It is not harmful to anyone.

The only harm comes from anti-gay behavior.

"But I'm a Cheerleader". Everyone should watch this satirical romantic comedy. (ok its a pretty stupid move - - but its about paranoid parents forcing their daughter into a gay/lesbian reconditioning camp).

Because this is what is going to happen if science develops a chemical treatment to switch sex attraction.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

...the debate on whether or not this is right or wrong..

How about right for some, wrong for others.. the end?

The article doesn't much mention homosexuals but for a brief comment about 2 teenagers with "lesbian moms" having drama.. I'm pretty sure teen drama runs rampant in all family configurations.

I didn't see any "reasons", "new" or otherwise, why I should object to, or care about, select strangers using sperm banks..

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
i've always noticed how many who are of a certain persuasion, and are against things like embryonic stem cell research and other similar issues, think it's fine to artificially inseminate or use other techniques.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
i've always noticed how many who are of a certain persuasion, and are against things like embryonic stem cell research and other similar issues, think it's fine to artificially inseminate or use other techniques.

UGH!! Is that annoying or what?

How ridiculous that science is halted by those of a "certain persuasion".

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is the type of crap that shouldn't be on ATS. BTS sure.

Its not a conspiracy its just meant to drive people to talk about hating other groups of people or what ways in life people should or shouldn't live.

You can file this with all the other hate spewing Muslim/christian bashing threads.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
I love these threads. What you homophobes fail to realize is no matter how much you bleat about the supposed "gay agenda" YOU'VE already lost. By a 70-30 split people under the age of 25 believe gay marriage, adoption etc is OK. I am so excited for the moment in another 20 years when all you fools are sitting inside your living rooms, prattling about how terrible our society is because homophobia is no longer acceptable. Get a clue: this is going to be the younger generation's country soon, and there is ZERO you can do about it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Your right. And guess what? Im 17 and im conservative. Im a 'homophobe' if it means anti-gay marriage. This is why you have lost. Because you assume a couple of studies that interview maybe a few hundred college campus kids that it reflects the average american youth. You are wrong and will be proven so MULTIPLE times.

This why you fail.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
This is the type of crap that shouldn't be on ATS. BTS sure.

Its not a conspiracy its just meant to drive people to talk about hating other groups of people or what ways in life people should or shouldn't live.

You can file this with all the other hate spewing Muslim/christian bashing threads.

If there is bigger current news in social issues today - - then Gays & Religion - - please point me to it.

We may not like this type of human behavior - - but it is Real. And current - - and in my opinion - - - does not need or should be shuffled off to the back burner.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join