It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New reasons why homosexuals should not be able to use sperm donors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
reply to post by russ212

To me, sperm implantation should only be used for a married man and woman that are not able to have a child. This eliminates the question of who is my daddy as the child has grown up with a father.

yet, with the high divorce rate, almost half the kids end up with one parent anyhow.
or possibly visitation with the second parent at most.
divorce rate in america

people divorce withinn 4 years usualy , its becuase thats what it takes to raise a child to an age where they can "take care of them selfs" , so if no child has been made withinn that time your biological clock will make you to produce one way or another , seams that people choose the later , which then stems to social beliefs and rituals in partnership of the today popculture tv nation ,

the above has been proved over and over again by reviews

if i had the tima id websearch it for you all but since the information is there just search for it , i belive there where even a ny times article and a few medical journals who all prompted the same theory , but its numbers and outcomes of marrige,

either the numbers lie and people love untill death , which i have to say is bull.
or the majority choose self intrest and numbers are correct.

partner ship is more then a mental connection
its biological harmony according to natures laws

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ212
reply to post by rubbertramp

Just out of curiosity, who made a statement that their was only one opinion that mattered. I welcome insight, questions, and opposing arguments.

sorry if that seemed to be directed soley at you, i did not mean it that way.
i was just expressing an opinion is all.
i like to make sure i understand peoples intentions, and you just answered concerning yours, thanx.
i toss stuff like that comment out just to make sure the intentions are not just basically, better than thou, i'm right, your wrong.
that attitude drives me nuts.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Do you support taking children away from families with a mother and father where the mother or father has a job like being a garbage man, which while it makes good money, can get the kid made fun of?

If a child is being made fun of in school should he be taken away from his family?

Lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

.Can you please provide any credible evidence to back up and support any/all of the claims that are made in that post?

Nope! Marriage is an inalienable right of all persons of mature mind and body who are able to willingly consent to it regardless of sexual gender and orientation!

Personal Disclosure: So if Gay/Bi sperm donors agreed to fill out a identity-release policy, would you still have a problem [which this threads title clearly gives away as your position etc.] with homosexual/bisexual sperm donors donating?

First of all the, there is no way to provide a credible source of the argument of why homosexuals should have children because like my post it is an opinion. It is an ongoing debate on both sides of the issue, with both sides offering opinion, and differing statistics. I am just stating the argument that I have heard from homosexuals in the past.

Secondly, I don't believe a homosexual marriage is an inalienable right.

Thirdly, I do believe that it would help to have donors not be able to make donations annonmysly. I don't believe that this is enough. I believe women should be screened much like people looking to adopt are. I also believe( you may get angry but that is not my intention) that homosexuality is a mental and phsyical disorder.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
So because bigots like yourself exist gay people shouldn't be able to have/raise children since those kids might "have questions" or "be made fun of"?

Plenty of kids are made fun of to the point of suicide or school shootings that were raised by a mother and a father.

This is all bs.

Why cant human same sexes have children? Because its not excepted by the creator of this species. Now if we were talking worms then mabey but we are talking humans NO BIGOTS REALITY.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey

Originally posted by rubbertramp
reply to post by russ212

it's tough to forsee all arguments other posters might bring forth.
personally, i have no problem with people having an opinion that differs from mine. the problem i have is when people think their opinion is the only possibility, and all others are wrong.
i always toss out the other side of the story, even if i don't think it to be correct.
in this case, i would rather see a child go to a gay couple, than to an abusive household of a man and a woman.

But surely Homosexuals can be abusive too?

surely they can, that wasn't the best of examples, thanx for pointing this out.
my point being was, there's good and bad concerning both sides of this issue.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by rubbertramp]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
Do you support taking children away from families with a mother and father where the mother or father has a job like being a garbage man, which while it makes good money, can get the kid made fun of?

If a child is being made fun of in school should he be taken away from his family?

Lol.

Difference in being made fun of because of your clothes something that is material and will be adjusted but your parents will bother you and what if it doesnt and you grow up thinking same sex is cool then NO REPRODUCTION OCCURED AND YOU JUST CAME HERE TO DO WHAT BE happy?
It doesnt work its wrong wrong wrong. Mabey ANOTHER PLANET.

k

[edit on 8/16/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

russ, if this is none of my business, just say so.
but, i'm wondering where your beliefs came from.
a religious background or bad experience etc..........

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
As a known Sperm Bank (yeah I am male), and also being Gay has put me in the unique position of being propositioned by many a lesbian who would love a child by me (even with my face).

I had only one response to this, I will donate all you want but it would have to be a "traditional" conception. This has gotten me off the hook every time! LOL

As to the OP, your opinions do count to some degree, but the fundamental truth is that you think less of your counterparts and you are masking it in fear over a child's safety. Sorry, that causes you to be more judgmental, and we all know that is the root of the evil, when we judge others. I know we are all guilty of it at one time, but it is nice to know we all have your back! It's OK, children will be lost to society no matter how much we try, we just need to be vigil in when we witness abuses and when we recognize a child in trouble; then we will have every reason to be critical and proactive. Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I must be honest, I do understand your question. However, I do not wish to divulge that information as it waters down the debate on whether or not this is right or wrong. If I say I am motivated by a religous belief, then people say that it is just another religous bigot. If I say that this has happened to me, then people feel pity and don't say what they really believe. I want to know what people really feel about this subject. I also want to see the direction the nations morals is heading in.

I appreciate your question and do not mean to disregard it, but I don't think it would be helpful to this debate to answer. Besides, what difference does it really make. It is my opinion, yours may differ, and that is what these threads are really about.

When we start accusing people because of their background, or who they are we are truly being bigots. I would prefer people attack the issue. Not me. I have not attacked anyone for theirs, and I wish to keep it that way. I know that is naive as I have already been called a judgemental bigot by people on this post. But I can ignore it.

Best wishes, no hard feelings I hope.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by russ212]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think sperm donation should be banned altogether. Its a barbaric practice IMHO. So you cant have kids or your partner cant have kids you go and get a sperm donation from another person? Why? just adopt. There are alot of children just waiting for loving homes you know.

If gay people want to adopt? let them. But i dont agree with sperm donation...PERIOD.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Nofoolishness]

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Nofoolishness]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

actually, russ, i found that to be a very reasonable reply.
you hit on my reason for asking it in the first place.
like i mentioned before, in ways whether one is raised to be a christian, or one is raised to be gay, i find this wrong in many ways.
i believe in the freedom to choose.
i think children should be raised to make thier own decisions.
of course it's nearly impossible to not lead one way or the other.
i'm not gay, and one out of 2 of my sisters is.
for me to say she has no right to marry her long time partner, or to say that she has no right to adopt or have a child, in my opinion, would just be wrong on many levels.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Sniff Sniff Sniff. I smell something burning. That must be the OP. Getting flamed hard. What were you thinking making an anti-homosexuality thread on here? Did you envision pick axes and torches? This place is way to PC to be doing anything like that. I think to much PC is ignorant. Does that mean I should deny PC?

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I found this article very interesting. It demonstrates how painful it can be for these children to grow up with so many questions. It also demonstrates how little thought people put into using these services.

It can be just as painful growing up with heterosexual parents, or just one parent. You can also have just as many questions.

To me, sperm implantation should only be used for a married man and woman that are not able to have a child. This eliminates the question of who is my daddy as the child has grown up with a father. If the question ever does arise it can be answered fairly easily. But, in a homosexual home, the child grows up with two mommies knowing something is not as it should be the moment the meet other children.

disagree, adoption and the use of donors and surrogates should be made available to anyone who needs to use those services and it shouldn't matter your sexuality or marriage status. If one is able to financially support a child and give that child a good home with love and care and is unable to have them they should be allowed to use other options. I am unable to have kids and if I never get married I will adopt on my own. Is that wrong to you because there wouldn't be a father? I want kids and I shouldn't have to be married to do so and someone shouldn't have to be heterosexual either. If they can provide for the child a nice loving home then that is all that matters.

People make the argument that this type of home is just as loving, and I agree, but it apparently does not provide everything a child needs to be well adjusted and happy. It also confuses the child especially in youth. This type of selfishness shows that people today put themselves above the people that they bring into the world.

What IS required to make a child well adjusted and happy? It depends on your views of raising a child.

Who says it confuses the child? Almost any case where homosexuals have adopted or had surrogates they always let their kids know from a young age the family situation. I have seen this personally with two couples I know. It is again all in how you raise a child.

So it's selfish because they want to bring a life into this world and raise it with love and care? I don't think that is selfish.

People make choices in life that keep them from having children all of the time, homosexuality is just another one of those choices and should remain so. Just because we have the science to do something, does not mean that we should.

um

This is just another reason marriage should only be between a man and a woman.

I am all for marriage but not for what it has become. Marriage to me doesn't need a certificate and it shouldn't matter if they are the same sex or not. Marriage is about commitment and love between two people. I see marriage as a celebration of the one you love.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
oops duplicate

[edit on 8/16/2010 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I found this article very interesting. It demonstrates how painful it can be for these children to grow up with so many questions. It also demonstrates how little thought people put into using these services.

It can be just as painful growing up with heterosexual parents, or just one parent. You can also have just as many questions.

To me, sperm implantation should only be used for a married man and woman that are not able to have a child. This eliminates the question of who is my daddy as the child has grown up with a father. If the question ever does arise it can be answered fairly easily. But, in a homosexual home, the child grows up with two mommies knowing something is not as it should be the moment the meet other children.

disagree, adoption and the use of donors and surrogates should be made available to anyone who needs to use those services and it shouldn't matter your sexuality or marriage status. If one is able to financially support a child and give that child a good home with love and care and is unable to have them they should be allowed to use other options. I am unable to have kids and if I never get married I will adopt on my own. Is that wrong to you because there wouldn't be a father? I want kids and I shouldn't have to be married to do so and someone shouldn't have to be heterosexual either. If they can provide for the child a nice loving home then that is all that matters.

People make the argument that this type of home is just as loving, and I agree, but it apparently does not provide everything a child needs to be well adjusted and happy. It also confuses the child especially in youth. This type of selfishness shows that people today put themselves above the people that they bring into the world.

What IS required to make a child well adjusted and happy? It depends on your views of raising a child.

Who says it confuses the child? Almost any case where homosexuals have adopted or had surrogates they always let their kids know from a young age the family situation. I have seen this personally with two couples I know. It is again all in how you raise a child.

So it's selfish because they want to bring a life into this world and raise it with love and care? I don't think that is selfish.

People make choices in life that keep them from having children all of the time, homosexuality is just another one of those choices and should remain so. Just because we have the science to do something, does not mean that we should.

um

This is just another reason marriage should only be between a man and a woman.

I am all for marriage but not for what it has become. Marriage to me doesn't need a certificate and it shouldn't matter if they are the same sex or not. Marriage is about commitment and love between two people. I see marriage as a celebration of the one you love.

The reason most people single out homosexuals in this thing is because homosexuals cant NATURALLY have kids. They are essentially going against nature getting sperm donors and surrogate mothers. Its also about the kids. Most people that have test tube babies never even THINK of the children. All they think of is "i wanna be a parent!" and never think of the problems the children will have later in life.

I should know....i was a test tube baby.

You have NO IDEA the pain i have experianced because of this. I have CONSTANTLY wondered who my father is. I have had severe social problems because of this.

The whole practice is SELFISH. You are not think of the child you buttholes. you are think of YOURSELF and YOUR desires.

I have had multiple fallouts with my mother over this. You have no idea how many times i wished i was never born at all because i feel like a freak.

This practice should be BANNED. Maybe the reason why you cant have kids is FOR A REASON. Be you homosexual or straight.

You are selfish just as my mom was selfish. I RESENT her in some respects.

Im tired of you people who have NO idea the pain this thing can cause saying "it should be allowed for everyone. I disagree. Because i EXPERIANCED the pain...YOU HAVE NOT.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Not in the least, however I do believe that opinions should be challenged, attacking someone for these opinions does no good. I can take it. People can call me whatever they want, I really don't care. It speaks more to their character than to mine.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Confusing? You point doesn't even make sense. If my mother was a lesbian I think I would have been juuust fine. I have a friend who's mother was lesbian and you know how you explain it to a child. Sometimes mommies love mommies some times daddies love daddies some times mommies love daddies. They are just like everyone else.

NO thanx but thanx, what happens if this behavior became dominate in human culture?????

and this statement:
Sometimes mommies love mommies some times daddies love daddies some times mommies love daddies. They are just like everyone else.

And what happens when the kids get to school and are challenged by the majority who just say your parents are GAY.... Kid goes home feelin like damn my parents told me a damn lie.

Remember I am not bashing cause I loves the ladies, just commenting on the effects of this on a species longterm.

[edit on 8/16/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

Well Its because parents don't EDUCATE their children If parents were open minded and taught their children to be then Maybe the world would be a happier place AND kids could feel proud when they say Hey my mom loves women or my dad loves men.

I was raised to accept everyone for who they are gay straight or bisexual. I believe Homosexuals deserve children. And As for why can't they well there is a scientific hypothesis that in fact a woman could give birth to a child without sperm the offspring will always be female, unless in some amphibian species which have the ability to change gender. Some reptilians, amphibians and even in rare cases mammals are able to do this. Also with Cloning technology a scientist can splice the genes of two men or two women and implant that DNA into an unfertilized egg and go from there similar to invitro. I think if you want to bring the big man up stairs into it (i don't believe in him) he gave us the Knowles and the science to do it so it must be gods will. Why would god give us the technology for it only to not be used..

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Since you mentioned that Humans can't have children without a father what about the virgin Mary a virgin birth no father. Does that mean Jesus is a freak and shouldn't live with mommy and daddy cause he doesn't have a real father?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nofoolishness

Excuse me?!! The damn reason I can't have kids is medical and there is no reason for it other than having severe endometriosis. I want kids and it's not selfish to want to raise a child on my own if I had to.

Sorry you were a test tube baby and you had issues with it. I know people who want nothing more than to have a family and I know how that is..I grew up without my father and I had some issues with it but I got over it. I realized I didn't need a father. I was brought into this world for something and so were you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join