It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal immigrants flocking to 3 states to obtain identification

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Three states - Washington, New Mexico and Utah - allow illegal immigrants to get licenses because their laws do not require proof of citizenship or legal residency. An Associated Press analysis found that those states have seen a surge in immigrants seeking IDs in recent months, a trend experts attribute to crackdowns on illegal immigration in Arizona and elsewhere.

Read more: www.azcentral.com...

Well that's no surprise there. I wonder if they let the illegal immigrants vote as well. It's not like the state can check to see if you are a citizen. That's what the AZ law is all about.

Those 3 states need to wake up and stop helping the Illegal invaders.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Three of our major Connecticut cities are sanctuary cities. On any day you drive by the city welfare bureau's you will see lines of Hispanic's and they are not Puerto Ricans either. They are South American and Mexican. New Haven has an out reach program that send people out with mobile ID machines and hands them out. The cities are raising taxes to pay for services that tax payers can't get but the illegals can. And yes, these illegals DO vote even though it is against the law!

Zindo

[edit on 8/16/2010 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Just recently I went to get my Utah driver's license renewed, and the DMV (or is it "Driver's License Division" - anyways) employees sent me back home to find a birth certificate because my Social Security card (though still legible) looked a little funky and mungy and sweaty ...you know how they get if you carry them around in your wallet (but they don't want you to laminate them, oh no no)...maybe if I would have professed to be an illegal I would have had a little less trouble...too bad I didn't get to observe an illegal being processed, so I could compare the level of annoyance and suspicion in our respective experiences...

[edit on 16-8-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Fact is : ONLY LOSERS care about the undocumented people , all these people want is a better life. You will never see a educaded person criticizing the undocumented.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Same story? More or less?

This is really not new either, is it? Been going on for years and years.

Always wondered how that worked. Then again, always wondered how they can pay payroll taxes too and not get caught

[edit on 8/16/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowKnight322

That is about the most ignorant and un-American statement i have heard in a while. People that enter this country by sneaking in should be treated as potential terrorist.

There has always been a procedure for LEGAL immigration it has change over time but has been in place since 1787.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Specially if they own a company that hires them and pays them one third or less that they would have to pay an American Citizen. Your post is ridiculous and flawed. Either you are an illegal or your relatives are and are living off the dole of real citizens.

Zindo

by the way..I have two advanced degrees!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

That is about the most ignorant and un-American statement i have heard in a while. People that enter this country by sneaking in should be treated as potential terrorist.

There has always been a procedure for LEGAL immigration it has change over time but has been in place since 1787.

Treating people that sneak in as potential terrorists is a bit much. They should be deported, yes. But sendin them to gitmo and such is a bit excessive.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I welcome legal immigrants who want to become Americans, who learn the language and love this country.

Illegals have a great disrespect for this America and its laws.
Many don't care to become Americans, they want to turn the place into their homeland.

How many Illegals do you know who would water the tree of liberty ?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowKnight322
Fact is : ONLY LOSERS care about the undocumented people , all these people want is a better life. You will never see a educaded person criticizing the undocumented.

Well golly gee...I am not so sure I have ever met an "educaded" person in my entire lifetime, maybe you can point one out to me.

What I would also love to see you point out is any form of fact in your statement. I have seen educated people who question and criticize our immigration laws or lack of enforcement of immigration laws. As far as I can tell the only real losers here are the people who are too stupid to realize that we already have laws that address the issue, they are simply not enforced and should be.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is my first post on ATS, though I am a long-term reader.

One of the major issues which bother me about the immigration "debate" is that the real issue is ignored. There is so much anger and focus on the latino-based immigration, we as citizens tend to look over the fact that the immigration system itself is truly broken.

The "real" issue to me is comprehensive immigration reform which not only secures our borders, but also creates a method to legitimately immigrate to America which does not take numerous years.

I have a very close understanding of immigration law. I am an attorney. I am also married to an illegal immigrant. Yep....you heard right. My wife is illegal.

I was never very well versed in immigration law, as it is a very specific type of law; however, after my wife and I were married, I began asking my wife's mother for my wife's immigration papers. You see, my wife was dragged here by her mother from The Ukraine when my wife was about 14 years old. Her mother hired an attorney to finalize her paperwork....a really crappy attorney out of Atlanta. To make a long story short, her mother thought the attorney was filing paperwork to adjust her status to allow her to stay in America, but the attorney never filed anything. The mother's Visa expired. Her mother was never informed because the government sent information to the attorney. My wife grew up....

My wife, finished high school in the states, got a license, worked, paid taxes.....and met me....and we married.

So....as it happens, I am in the reserves....the military reserves, and to finalize paperwork with my security clearance, I was asked to provide my wife's immigration papers. I asked my wife, who indicated her mother had them. I asked the mother, who indicated that the attorney was "taking care of the papers." I asked the attorney.....and found out that the Visa had expired. Not only that, but an arrest warrant had been issued for my wife's mother for not going to a hearing....which she was never sent notice for........Oh....and by the way......an arrest warrant was issued for my wife, who was at the time of the warrant, 15.

So I contacted immigration....like a good attorney, soldier, and citizen. What did I need to do to correct my wife's papers and allow her to legally stay? I figured I would find out and correct the papers the right way.

The immigration department attorney gave me a form to fill out, told me to pay a fee, and asked for me to get a picture ID for my wife to start the process. Being military, this was easy, because spouses are allowed to have military spousal cards regardless of citizenship (due to numerous military overseas marriages).

Well, as it happened, I got the spousal ID, and ICE showed up the next morning and arrested my wife. She spent 5 weeks in jail. I had to get a U.S. Congressman to contact ICE and ask her to be released into my custody. She was.

We then filled the form out, paid several hundred dollars, and tried to adjust my wife's status to stay in the U.S.; however, we got a response at that point telling us that....wait for it......because my wife's mother had overstayed her Visa (no fault of my wife as she was a minor), the mother AND my wife were barred from adjusting status in the United States. They told us that my wife would have to go back to The Ukraine, apply to come in, and wait for a new Visa. The problem with that, though, is that once you overstay a Visa, you are barred from applying for a Visa for 3 years to come back. So my wife, due to no fault of her own, would have to go back to The Ukraine, wait 3 years, then apply for a Visa, which would then take about a year and a half to get.

Now, my wife and I check in with the immigration department once a month via telephone and once every 6 months in person. My wife can no longer work. She no longer pays taxes, and we are forced to constantly live under the cloud of her imminent departure.
(CONTINUED)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
(FROM ABOVE)

Now, back to the debate.

My wife indicated that, when she was forced to spend five weeks in jail, her roommate was a 72 year old German lady who had applied for citizenship, paid a fee, and been told her fee was paid in the wrong amount. She had been in the states since the late 80's. Notably, my wife indicated the latino-based immigration detainees were few and far between, and that a vast majority of those in the holding area (a jail)m were people who had tried to file papers, pay a fee, or missed a dealdine, and immigration had picked them up without notice of their errors.

Sadly, every time I read posts about immigration, everyone focuses on the illegal immigrants who are doing all of the wrong things.....sneaking over borders, voting without right, not paying taxes, taking welfare or food stamps or other government assistance.

This is all well and good, but it is only HALF of the issue. The MAJOR issue is that the immigration system we have in place is outdated, confusing, and completely broken. The immigrants who actually try to do the right thing....to apply the right way....to pay the fees....to wait for admission......they get lost in a shuffle, come up against a massive beauracracy, and often get nowhere.

This LEADS to the influx and increase of people jumping borders.

I am not advocating for the amnesty of illegals, the reward of admission to the U.S. to those who failed to even try, or the creation of a system that will just create another repeat of this problem in 20 years. What I am trying to merely point out here, is that as long as we have a broken system which does not allow for the proper immigration of immigrants into the United States, there will be no real solution to the problem.

Thanks,

Kyre

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
AS For New Mexico giving them out. It’s Over. So you can drop New Mexico from the list.

The Ap story caught the eye of the attorney generals office. then someone told on someone pery say.

A person at an independent \ private company that contracts for the state of New Mexico to issue drivers Licenses aka MVD (I think a manager of some kind) was busted. This guy was selling drivers licenses out the backdoor too anyone and everyone. It appears he has have been doing it a long time. Well looks like he will be doing a long time in jail now. The state attorney general is making an assessment on how much damage was done. New Mexico does not issue drivers licenses to non citizens. It never has.

now this make me wonder how many other states does this company operate in. Are other employees selling driver Lic, in these hard times. ?

makes you wonder.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by SJE98]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashaman Kyre

What a sad tale my friend, hopefully you can find a way to make things right, which leads me to the unfair and uneducated "laws" that fail to adapt to the changing times, immigration, legal or otherwise is a very complex and confusing matter, its one of the things that threaten the fabric of reality in a given timeframe, just ask the romans, the persians, the chinese, the indians, the aztecs, at one time or another they all had it, suddenly they collapsed, some even overnight, lets not forget that, overnight, many variables contributed to their downfall, and immigration, was an issue in ALL cases, the few gather too much resources, the many outside like the extra commodities, and move to the source of the apparent superabundance, the balance is broken, things break apart, give or take some 100 years go by, and then we start all over again...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashaman Kyre

The problem seems to be that we are preferring uneducated illegals from Mexico and Central America over far more qualified people following the process from predominantly white non-hispanic countries.

That is a real problem. I don't approve of that policy. But it's clearly the US government policy. That's why you found the Europeans in jail and not the completely illegal latinos -- because that's who our government decided to put into jail. I've heard similar stories elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

Nothing confusing about it. The government is running a full-speed racial discrimination program in favor of latinos.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Thanks for posting that great news!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

How is it that you US folks talk about learning and doing things the right way and all that jazz but none of you can seem to get simple geography straight? Mexicans are Americans. Brazilians are Americans. Canadians are Americans. Get an atlas.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Welcome to the new underground railroad folks.

I am sure that the opposition to abolition sounded a lot like many of you do.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8/29/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

it can be perceived as simple as what you say, but if that were the only reason, the next logical question is simply : why? why apples over pears, why lemons to limes?

the rulers of the land are the ones that only know the things they do in private, the secret dealings between them, the answers to the riddles that baffle us.
Nothing is just the thing it appears to be, they have motivations and desires that we can only imagine...

Something has to be done, we need to act as human beings, not as cold soulless frightened monsters, this will change whether we like it or not, for good or bad?, well, time will tell!

death and violence cannot be the only 2 choices left...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join