It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extend Tax Cuts for 95% ??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

All these ideas are excellent! Do I have your permission to publish them and tie them to your screen name?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
Virtually every Employer in the U.S. Makes over 250K per year. They would in-fact be the "top 5%" that is refferred to.

If we go on the assumption that every employer makes more than $250k/year and that makes up only 5% of the population I think the real question should be something along the lines of, "How did we allow so few to control so many?"

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Our taxes have been going up anyways - just through inflation.

Why do they need to tax us more when they can just increase the debt?

Government spends more money, inflation occurs, the people spend less.

They are just taxing us backwards.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

Employers will have to make up for massive new taxes, likely by laying people off.

Funny ... they didn't lay people off when BUSH created the tax cut plan that is being proposed to be extended.

Why is it going to have an adverse effect if it's extended, compared to when it was created?

More partisan hackery going on here, me thinks.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by dreamwalker74

Employers will have to make up for massive new taxes, likely by laying people off.

Funny ... they didn't lay people off when BUSH created the tax cut plan that is being proposed to be extended.

Why is it going to have an adverse effect if it's extended, compared to when it was created?

More partisan hackery going on here, me thinks.

Because the tax cuts that BUSH created also held tax cuts for the so called "rich" people of our society (to Obama this means anybody, business or otherwise, that makes 250k a year or more). Not only did the tax cuts provide cuts for the rich, but also people who made 27k and up.

Personally, I think that he should have cut the taxes on down the line as well, but he stopped for some reason. Maybe because people that make under 27k usually are able to get on some type of government assistance (im just speculating btw), but either way, they should have got a brake to.

The reason people are going to get laid off is because businesses and employeres now will have to make up that amount of money they are going to loose. They will either A) lay people off, B) give them salary deductions, or C) a combo of both A and B.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by Asktheanimals

All these ideas are excellent! Do I have your permission to publish them and tie them to your screen name?

Thanks. Publish away!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
the more time passes the worse it gets for us. they pass bills that steadily get more and more stupid each day. i wish we could vote the best way to punish these idiots... castration is my personal favorite.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join