It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victims of Pakistani Flood Angry Over Lack of Aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Angry flood survivors in Pakistan blocked a highway Monday to protest the government's slow delivery of aid amid the worst floods in that country's recorded history. The floods began in northwest Pakistan more than two weeks ago and have spread throughout the country. Government estimates suggest as many as 20 million people and 160,000 square kilometres of land — about 20 per cent of the country — have been affected.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: www.cbc.ca...

The United States do not have to monopoly on slow relief in disasters. *cough*Katrina*cough* It will not help with the level of angryness of population. I wish the aid will come soon to affected survivors.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
So can anyone explain why Pakistan get's next to no media coverage yet the Haiti earthquake was all over the news for weeks? It has to be because giving it media coverage would give the American people sympathy for them, and TPTB can't have that.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ericsnow

My best guess would be the large diaspora from Haiti in the US.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
So the world gets angry at the US and says we should stay out of other countries' business, and then they get angry at us and say we're not in their business enough?

[edit on 22-8-2010 by iandh]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I have seen this and it saddens me to see the people in need of aid in Pakistan have not recieve it yet.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by iandh
So the world gets angry at the US and says we should stay out of other countries' business, and then they get angry at us and say we're not in their business enough?

[edit on 22-8-2010 by iandh]

Aside from the gov. relations between super powers and their proxies there are other local superpowers IN THAT REGION who can provide the aid with ease, but wont because of the petty games man playes against man like a chess game LMAO w/o out seeing who controlls the board.SMH..

[edit on 8/22/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Dear Flood Victims:
Our own States of Tennessee and Rhode Island and others got flooded repeatedly and severely, one hundred-year flooding, and got little media coverage. How many realize the oddity of tornadoes in Turkey? How many care that Tennessee is getting hit again? How many care that India had thousands of homes washed away? Our media did not inform people of these incidents.
I thought by now the World would realize the the US is being torn apart and economically destroyed, bankruptcy and foreclosures, severe unemployment, etc. People with Master's Degrees are driving trucks.
I would Love to help. The Media lies. The average income here is 30 thousand dollars, not 100 thousand. An average apartment costs at least 6,000 per year. Ours are 12,000. The average home costs 18,000 per year. Ours are 30,000.
We have a lot of laws that say we have to pay taxes, insurances, registrations, fees, etc. If not they take our house or car.
In other words, not many of us have money to send now.
I think Buffet and Gates, et. al. are supposed to be donating monies, I would address any articles you write to them.
I wish you love, and help, and pray for our world daily.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by iandh

US citizen angry to US government for lack of proper actions about BP/Katrina
Pakistani citizen angry to Pakistani government for lack of proper actions in their recent flood.

top topics

join