It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA rejects astronaut Jack Schmitts Patches (Structures on Moon)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I think most of us ATS members know that the astronauts have seen some amazing things, and are possibly holding some incredible secrets. One astronaut, particularly Jack Schmitts may seem to know a little something more. He turned in two different patches to be used on the astronauts uniforms. Here is a link to the two particular patches. It seems as if one patch looks something like stonhenge and another of what seems to be some kind of structure on the moon.
'Patches Here'--->

It really makes me wonder why Mr. Schmitts would choose to use the designs? It clearly must be a fasicination for him. Could he have seen these structures on the moon? Just below is a small clip of him on the moon.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
could be could be
but maybe he just thought it would look good and also make people think a bit and get puzzled by why he chose the designs?
i dont know tbh

i suppose if i was an astronaut i would like to play a little joke and have a

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The first patch appears to be Stonehenge below the moon with the sun between, interesting patch, but as to why he picked it, could be a fascination with Stonehenge.

As for the second patch, is that a city, or equipment used by astronauts on the moon? Is it indeed the moon that is at the bottom of the patch or is it indicating something entirely different?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

I was asking those same questions. It just really intrigues me why those designs were drawn up, and for what reason were they rejected? I cant find too much information.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
The first patch appears to be Stonehenge below the moon with the sun between, interesting patch, but as to why he picked it, could be a fascination with Stonehenge.

As for the second patch, is that a city, or equipment used by astronauts on the moon? Is it indeed the moon that is at the bottom of the patch or is it indicating something entirely different?

The 2nd patch looks like some kind of city or base on the moon in my opinion. The other is stonehenge and it makes it look like there is some kind of coneection between the heavens and earth.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The first patch does look like Stonehenge from the earth and the moon above but its the second one i find a bit intriguing. The capsule that is shooting up past what looks like the center of the galaxy is what puzzles me just a little. Is the line that is between it and earth a trajectory line or was he showing off supposed theoretical space elevator?

Space elevator: Wikipedia

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

that elevator you speak of is what they wanted to connect from Earth to the Moon correct?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The sun and moon alignments during equinox have been linked to Stonehenge for quite some time. I think he is simply illustrating an ancient and long standing cultural fascination with these celestial bodies.

Read More Here

IRM

[edit on 16/8/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Why
not
ask
him?

Jeez, it's too much fun to speculate wildly, while deliberately avoiding evidence and testimony that might threaten the fantasies.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Do you haev his email? perhaps phone number? Im not making this out to be spectacular, just curious, these patches are just interesting and im just trying to find out more information.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

checking out your link IRM. Doesnt stonhenge have something to do with the summer solstice as well?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

checking out your link IRM. Doesnt stonhenge have something to do with the summer solstice as well?

It has many alignments ziggy. It just depends on what research you want to subscribe to.

IRM

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Why
not
ask
him?

Jeez, it's too much fun to speculate wildly, while deliberately avoiding evidence and testimony that might threaten the fantasies.

I have no fantasies concerning this. IMHO, I think there's a perfectly prosaic reason for the artwork. I'd happily ask him Jim. Got an email? All I can find is that he is the current chairman emeritus for Annapolis Center for Science-Based Public Policy. No email supplied.

IRM

[edit on 16/8/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You guys are disappointing me. A little brief research (less than a minute) will turn up a valid email address for him, and I don't know Jack Schmitt.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
NASA does not select or reject mission patches. The crews do.

Those patch designs were preliminary sketches by Robert McCall, not Jack Schmitt.

But, in any event, we explored a lot of things. Jack [Harrison H.] Schmitt was the geologist astronaut on that mission, and he thought Stonehenge would be a wonderful image to include, one of the first civilizations, as we know civilizations, would be an interesting symbol. So I designed some with Stonehenge as the graphic imagery.

Then I remember flying to Houston to show the sketches, and we went into a projection room and I projected a lot of these slides of the sketches that had made, and we discussed them. None of them seemed to be what the guys were after. The other was Ron [Ronald E.] Evans, the other member of that crew. Ron Evans, Jack Schmitt and Gene Cernan. Ron became a good friend of mine and he lived here and was a member of our church, as a matter of fact

www.jsc.nasa.gov...

And, oh yeah, the patches were designed before the mission. Not after.

[edit on 8/16/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I just thought this was just interesting what was drawn on the patches. I wasnt wanting to call or email mr schmitt. I just wanted a discussion. geez

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Dont you think its cool an astronaut would draw that on those patches? Thats why I thought this story was interesting, not that it was rejected.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Cool? Sure. But an astronaut didn't draw it. Professional artist Robert McCall did. www.genedorr.com...
He made a few preliminary sketches, eight actually, for different designs. Two of them included Stonehenge (on Earth).

Your OP indicates that you believe that Jack Schmitt did the art work and may have based it on something he saw on the Moon. Schmitt did not do the artwork and the patch designs were created before Apollo 17 went to the Moon.

[edit on 8/16/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I see, thank you for the clarification. still makes me wonder......

2nd line

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I think most of us ATS members know that the astronauts have seen some amazing things...particularly Jack Schmitts may seem to know a little something more...

It really makes me wonder why Mr. Schmitts would choose to use the designs?

Originally posted by JimOberg
Why not ask him?

That's the reason, speculating wildly without facts is more fun than the boring old facts. In fact those darn facts have destroyed too many fantasies already. Some people agree:

I just thought this was just interesting what was drawn on the patches. I wasnt wanting to call or email mr schmitt. I just wanted a discussion. geez
So you want to "wonder why Mr. Schmitts would choose to use the designs" but apparently you don't want to know? This is like so much of UFOlogy, people want to speculate and wonder but so many don't seem to want to know the facts, especially if they destroy some good fantasy or speculation.

It reminds me of this thread where NASA employee Wes Owsley makes a similar observation in this Paratopia Podcast, starting at about 4 1/2 minutes:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wes Owsley: "I was introduced to coast to coast through people who worked in the space program...There's a deep interest in the space program in UFO mythos, if you will, and so I began to explore that. I started reaching out to different people and exploring the subject and then as I started listening to coast to coast I became aware of people like Richard Hoagland.... (and) all the people who Art Bell had on who talked about things that NASA was doing or NASA conspiracies, so I started reaching out to these people and saying "Here I am, point me in the direction. If there's this grand NASA conspiracy out there, tell me where to look, and I will go." I was pretty disheartened to find there wasn't a lot of interest."

Paratopia: "Nobody wants to get to the facts of anything, they just want to have their theories"

Wes Owsley: "Yep"

Paratopia: "That's the whole story of Ufology right there"

I guess Paratopia and Wes Owsley were on to something.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join