It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial meat? Food for thought by 2050

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Artificial meat? Food for thought by 2050

* John Vidal, environment editor
* The Guardian, Monday 16 August 2010

Artificial meat grown in vats may be needed if the 9 billion people expected to be alive in 2050 are to be adequately fed without destroying the earth, some of the world's leading scientists report today.

But a major academic assessment of future global food supplies, led by John Beddington, the UK government chief scientist, suggests that even with new technologies such as genetic modification and nanotechnology, hundreds of millions of people may still go hungry owing to a combination of climate change, water shortages and increasing food consumption.

Source

Could this be one of the ultimate goals of TPTB that if they can actually control what we eat and what goes in it. they can control us more?

We already find junk in foods these days, could cloned meat be the final nail in the coffin for "meat eaters".

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
"Hmm, tastes like meat... Feel's like meat to... It's got the texture of meat... But it's not Meat... Hell I don't know what it is! ha.. bwahahahahah"

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It's not really 'artificial'..it's still meat at the end of the day and is a brilliant idea that i look forward to, as usual you will get the irrational idiots that will moan about it, but it's going to happen whether they like it or not. This along with vertical growing vegetables and fruits is the way forward for an increasing population and the sooner it starts happening the better.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is the future. When we clone tissues for implant, this is the next
logical step. Once it becomes cheap enough to produce meat this way
ranching of animals for food will begin to be phased out.

This is probably inevitable.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
There are some breakthroughs in cloning, ie, cloning the muscle groups themselves and not the whole animal so its humane, that I know is already done in the cosmos, that our family talked about all my life, as my father was a science teacher and my uncle a physcist and we grew up with omni and science digest.

These things would wonderful in an advanced grass roots venus project world, not nwo. They're not nwo specific.

Nwo in control of food, and shorting nutrient and putting toxins into them is a while other ballgame, but the difference of who's running things is up to use.

In the world we should be living, any organ you needed or body part could be cloned too, and not just for the elite either.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthKix

Could this be one of the ultimate goals of TPTB that if they can actually control what we eat and what goes in it. they can control us more?

TPTB already do this.

As for the artificial meat, in the right hands it could be a good thing. It would feed a portion of the world and a lot of animals would be saved (if theres any left by 2050).

Looks like fish,
taste like chicken,
you don't know what,
you've been licking! sorry couldn't help it.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
We are Far from making fully cloned meat. Cloning is an insanely expensive process. Its cheaper to use selective breeding and load the animals up with toxins. Why would you spend millions when you can just breed animals for free.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Well, we use mother nature for free because she is so DAMN efficient.
An example is your own body. If you put in a few ounces of bio-mass
and a gallon of water you get back an amazing cost-per-horsepower
ratio...not to mention the giga-bytes of memory and logic available.

But at some point in our technological future we will begin to surpass
mother nature's efficiency. All we have to do is not destroy ourselves
or our environment. The future is going to be AMAZING.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Too bad we will both be dead by the time it is, if the world got together and stopped spending obscene amounts of money on killing each other and had the will to achieve many of the advances that are supposedly decades away we might live long enough to see many, many amazing things. Sadly that won't happen.
Hell, we could have a colony on Mars within 20 years if we really wanted to.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
its not gonna be the same and i aint gonna eat it, artificial meat ?
we've all seen artificial grass havent we ? artificial plants......lol

seriously tho this is too wierd for my liking, meat is good and tasty because the thing it belonged to/was hacked off could walk, run, breath, be a cow/horse/cat/pidgeon whatever, but meat just sat there growing by artificial means does not sound very healthy, meat is a living organism, you cant just grow it !!

family planning clinics for farm yard animals is much more appealing

i love meat, the rarer the better, its not everyones cup of tea but i love it

BUT i would not eat meat if artificial meat was all there was on offer, id rather eat my neighbour

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by warsawprice

It IS meat, and they stimulate and stretch it to simulate exercise, if they didn't it would be a big pile of mush. Honestly, there is nothing wrong or weird about it, i don't understand people who have such a mindset....completely irrational.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Smeat by 2050?

HA HA...thats OLD news!

They have been serving Smeat in school cafeterias for decades now!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Artificial meat is an inevitability and so is cloning body parts, provided the human race can make it that far. The further away we pull from our true selves the faster our reality will approach us. The time is coming soon where we must choose life or death and this synthetic lifestyle being pushed on us is further proof that the product is us.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
We've been making artificial meat in vats for years, decades even. It's more commonly known as tofu.

top topics

join