It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the hell are americans / westerners doing in the middle east???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
ok based on two american men being beheaded and plenty other americans / westerners being killed in the middle east i thought about this question: what the hell are americans / westerners doing in the middle east???

dont they know that a war is going on against terrorism and western countries???

dont they know that there on the battle field???

dont they know that anyone is a target???

im sorry but if there that stupid then they deserve to die...

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Most of this people are working in the middle east under American base contracts, the companies are private but they are hired by the US government.

My husband works for such a company but here in US, aboard a military base.

The money is good and they have been around for a long time, is now that the war in Iraq has brought such a resentment against anything US.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Some of them are missionaries or humanitarians.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
They are trying to make a living and there's good money to be made over there in contracting. Its not some isolated holy land, that cannot be touched by outsiders.

Your last line just goes against the whole Deny Ignorance standpoiint of ATS. :shks:.

[Edited on 6-19-2004 by JediMaster]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
They are trying to make a living and there's good money to be made over there in contracting. Its not some isolated holy land, that cannot be touched by outsiders.

Your last line just goes against the whole Deny Ignorance standpoiint of ATS. :shks:.

[Edited on 6-19-2004 by JediMaster]

there working on a battle field were (for the terrorists) ANY ONE is a target???

my friend money isnt everything and if there working in the middle east while this was is going on then they are pretty stupid...

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
They need this money to live, they can't find a good job here so what?

Its not their fault that they were killed. Are you advocating the butcherings of Berg and Johnson, by claiming it is their fualt?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

They need this money to live, they can't find a good job here so what?

Its not their fault that they were killed. Are you advocating the butcherings of Berg and Johnson, by claiming it is their fualt?

im not shure yet...

on the news they called those men americans...

why would these americans leave the homeland and go to a BATTLEFIELD just to make money???

anyone is a target there no matter what!

dont they know this???

they are stupid for going there!

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
To correct you, Saudi Arabia is not a warzone and Iraq is no longer a warzone. Iraq is in a state of distress and Saudi Arabia is LA on a bad day.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

To correct you, Saudi Arabia is not a warzone and Iraq is no longer a warzone. Iraq is in a state of distress and Saudi Arabia is LA on a bad day.

i dont mean a literal "warzone"

i mean a place were terrorists pick americans / westerners up and hold them hostage and then cut there heads off...

those are random americans / westerners...

does that seem like a place were YOU would like to work???

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Not my place of work, unless I had a tank for a car.....

But the point is you can't blame someone for the fact that they need money. He did'nt know he would be decapitataed.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Not my place of work, unless I had a tank for a car.....

But the point is you can't blame someone for the fact that they need money. He did'nt know he would be decapitataed.

im blaming them because they went 5000 miles out of there way to get money...

they left a safe place to an unsafe place...

this is what my point is...

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The government needs this company workers to fill spot rather than using military personel other used in the reconstruction of Iraq and to support our troops in there.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well, as I would suspect many of them aren't just in it for the money. How many (civilian) Americans have been captured and beheaded so far? As I recall, it's just been two. They most likely think their odds are pretty good, and just want to make a living. Perhapse they just like the country! Jedimaster is right. Saudi Arabia Is peacefull towards America. They are also trying to help the people of Iraq, and Saudi Arabia by going over there and doing these things. So no, they're not stupid. I would call them brave.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Most contractors are getting $85,000 per year. They did it because they were adults with kids to feed and bills to pay, and no prospect of a decent job in the US.

I'm beginning to think I'm the only member of this site who doesn't live off of parents.

I actually looked at going over as a "civilian arabic translator," but Frau Doktor forbade it, b/c of the kids. That, and then Abu Ghraib hit the fan. Basically Englund et al are claiming "the civilian intelligence contractor made me do it." So much for paying off my student loans.....

new topics

top topics

join