It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scathing Congress report slams Obama's 'covert, criminal activity'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Scathing Congress report slams Obama's 'covert, criminal activity'

www.wnd.com

Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., the ranking Republican on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, issued a scathing staff report today charging that the White House has "used the machinery of the Obama campaign to tout the president's agenda through inappropriate and sometimes unlawful public relations and propaganda initiatives."

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Common Good]

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/8/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Im disgusted.

NowI know I will get attacked for the source, but I believe that the source of this information is irrelevant in this case.
Im sure all of you got the e-mail on this today, so I just wanted to make sure it was up on ATS so we could all bicker amongst each other about how wrong/right this administration is for doing what they have been doing.
Im sure the arguement of "all politicians do this" will come up.
That is to be expected, since it is an easy way of deflecting blame.

So tell me people, should this administration be worried? Or will they get 'bailed out'?

Whats next?

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/8/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I am disgusted about a lot of things that go on in this administration.
They are all criminals and should be impeached, the legislation nullified and the crooks should go to jail.
They are definitely in the wrong, Obama's agenda to ruin this country is the worst thing I've ever seen. A president who hates his own country! They show nothing but arrogance and contempt.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
They are all criminals and should be impeached, the legislation nullified and the crooks should go to jail.
They are definitely in the wrong, Obama's agenda to ruin this country is the worst thing I've ever seen. A president who hates his own country! They show nothing but arrogance and contempt.

So, where were you guys when Dubya was doing the exact same thing? Passing laws so he can't be prosecuted for war crimes, Rice's Frost/Nixon moment, when Cheney blasted ya man in the grill, the administrations piss poor job in reaction to Katrina, unlawfully detaining peeps at Gitmo or even the unlawful wire taps? I could go on all day

Really some folks act like that all of a sudden this crap that's coming down the shoot is strictly on Obama, like they never saw it comin

The people you should be pissed at are the members of Congress. They let this stuff happen and are in bed with the conspirators.

"They are definitely in the wrong, Obama's agenda to ruin this country is the worst thing I've ever seen." So i guess what Bush junior did is A okay and left this country in the best shape it's ever been in huh?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
i think it's funny that Republicans are making accusations of unlawful activity by Obama, when we are still in an unlawful war started by republicans.

Not that either one cancels the other out, but how about they grow up and accept some responsibility?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
i think it's funny that Republicans are making accusations of unlawful activity by Obama, when we are still in an unlawful war started by republicans.

Not that either one cancels the other out, but how about they grow up and accept some responsibility?

I still think its funny that people on these boards always say "where were you when Bush was doing the same things?"

I wasnt on ATS yet cause I hadnt heard of it, but trust me, I was still distrusting the government and their actions. Now that Obama is doing the same things, its all of a sudden okay with you people? Hipocrites. Plain out hipocrites.

ALL government is to blame. But instead of living in the past, why dont we start by tryin to fix whats wrong with the present one so in the future it wont happen again?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Sounds like another dose of hypocrisy from the republican party. Didn't the senate republicans just get through filibustering the "Disclose Act" last month?

Look, the last thing in the world that the republican party stands for is transparency with respect to political ads designed to influence voters.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I don't like Bush OR Obama so how about you guys stop using that "Bush did X" BS?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
(yawn) sounds like the same old same old political finger pointing with some type of election around the corner. We will see what comes of this if anything.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Im sure all of you got the e-mail on this today...

What email
I didn't get an email. What did it say to do?

So, in a nutshell, this is what we're upset about? That there's propaganda spending for domestic programs designed to fix this country and it went up by $5 million over 2008?

Please show me the reports with charts like these on the hundreds of billions war spending, the money we send to places Israel and Pakistan, and maybe I'll join you in your upset.

When are they throwing Obama in the slammer for this?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

I wasnt on ATS yet cause I hadnt heard of it, but trust me, I was still distrusting the government and their actions. Now that Obama is doing the same things, its all of a sudden okay with you people? Hipocrites. Plain out hipocrites.

Not at all. And if you took 2 seconds to actually read my post, you'd see that i don't think its okay for Obama either.

Not that either one cancels the other out

How did you grade in reading comprehension, i wonder?

But ill still call anyone out who tries to bash Obama while they supported Bush when he did the same thing.

I don't know you, don't want to know you, so i can't say whether or not you're a hypocrite.

If you bashed Bush for the same things you Bash Obama, then good for you, your sticker is in the mail.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I would have to say the author of the article missed a huge parallel of the past.

Can anyone not see the similarities between Obama and Wilson.

Cass Sunsteing and George Creel.

Media Matters, Think Progress, SEIU, Acorn plus their newer reincarnations synonymous with the 4 minute men.

The defamation of anyone criticizing the Administration and the Wilson equivalent.

The Propaganda Ministry I am sure is funded DIRECTLY with Stimulus funds, we are to believe the funds sent to non existent zip codes and non existent projects just disappeared into the ether?

If it was NOT for the internet, we would be led to believe we were not in Two Wars, the economy tanking, the States going broke, etc.

All your media belong to us.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Not at all. And if you took 2 seconds to actually read my post, you'd see that i don't think its okay for Obama either.

Not that either one cancels the other out

How did you grade in reading comprehension, i wonder?

But ill still call anyone out who tries to bash Obama while they supported Bush when he did the same thing.

I don't know you, don't want to know you, so i can't say whether or not you're a hypocrite.

If you bashed Bush for the same things you Bash Obama, then good for you, your sticker is in the mail.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Snarf]

So you are saying that the op just tries to bash Obama and never said a thing about Bush? Im new here and all, so maybe you can enlighten me, or even the OP.

And I did read your post. Congrats, you added a little qualifier to a very standard response that just stinks of the same partisan crap that is on here every day. Im glad that you think that those 8 little words you mentioned above might make your post look like something a little different, but it doesnt. Your argument is ordinary, mediocre, standard if you will to what is coming out of the left. Instead of trying to qualify your redundent and unoriginal statement that has been practically copy and pasted all over these boards with a small modifier, tell me how you really feel about the situation? Instead of trying to shift the blame to how people thought for the past 8 years or so, why not praise them for being awakened now?

To me, when I finally see somebody that has seen the light in that the two sides have been doing generally the same thing over the years I tend to welcome them, not put them down by saying "Well, where you were you when blah blah blah happened huh? Poser." I tend to tell the newly awakened that they are finally getting it and to never forget it. Of course tho, I dont play the partisan thing like yourself which is so evident with the practically plagiarized statement you seem to bring forth. But hey, we cant all be forward and progressive thinkers like youself.

Oh, and keep your sticker for yourself. Im sure it will do you wonders.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I forgot a huge component.

Remember the reports of the WH using in house video and photographers to spread the propaganda?

When was the last time the WH had an interview of the anointed one.

Did you see the picture of him swimming in the Gulf, erm the bay?

Did you catch the one where they had the Teleprompters set up on the dock. Can this guy even talk without those things?

Oh well, WAG THE DOG!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Seems to me this looks like the same mind games being played.

Pre-election, Republicans have a real pot shot at Obama, and they use the truth in their statement, to give them credibility.

The point of the game is to make people believe there is a democracy, with two opposing parties.

The implicit message in the statement is that the Republicans won't do what they are accusing Obama of.

These people are clever, they are aware of the sentiment of the American people, and their discontent and outrage at most of what is going on.

So this statement serves multiple purposes.

- the illusion of democracy

- addressing the outrage of the public, in an attempt to diffuse their anger

- divert the public outrage away from the real perpetrators, towards Obama alone.

Of course, it's all hogwash - because we know the Bush administration trampled on every possible human and civil right as well.

It's all part of the charade, the pantomime presented to the public, while behind the scenes the cess-pit's business goes on as usual, and whoever wins in the elections, it will make no difference at all, because any viable candidate has been groomed and prepared by the Cess-pit anyway, and will unquestioningly advance their agenda.

It is very much a case here of actions speaking louder than words. They spew lies and rehearsed diversion tactics...but the important thing is to look at what the Reps DID under Bush, and what the Dems are DOING under Obama....exactly the same vile pursuit of the cess-pit agenda.

-

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie

Originally posted by Starbug3MY

So, where were you guys when Dubya was doing the exact same thing? Passing laws so he can't be prosecuted for war crimes, Rice's Frost/Nixon moment, when Cheney blasted ya man in the grill, the administrations piss poor job in reaction to Katrina, unlawfully detaining peeps at Gitmo or even the unlawful wire taps? I could go on all day

Really some folks act like that all of a sudden this crap that's coming down the shoot is strictly on Obama, like they never saw it comin

The people you should be pissed at are the members of Congress. They let this stuff happen and are in bed with the conspirators.

"They are definitely in the wrong, Obama's agenda to ruin this country is the worst thing I've ever seen." So i guess what Bush junior did is A okay and left this country in the best shape it's ever been in huh?

You clearly stated that we should be pissed at the members of Congress !!
Why the blame Bush tactic? Didn't they have a Congress when he was
in office? Why blame ANY president when the Congress is to blame for
all our troubles? You clearly stated so.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
EVERYONE.......

This country is DOOMED!!

Look at everyone's responses
"It's Obama's fault"
"Oh ya, what about Bush and Cheney"
"No Obama is horrible"
"really... and Bush is an angel"

I'm sure this is partisanship not racial but as an analogy if a black guy robs a bank and someone wants to convict him do you say "ya but that white guy accross the street robbed TWO banks".

What is wrong with everyone?????

You are all so very distracted by the facade that has been painted for you, the illusion that one of the biggest political party is any better than the other major political party.

WAKE UP!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

say whatever you want, it really doesn't phase me.

What phases me is when some political hack goes out and says one thing, after having done that same thing himself.

Yes, lots of people say "well, bush did it" ...why? Because he did, and all you "anti government" "tea party" type people were coddling him the entire time.

Someone has to be there to call you out.

LIke i said, say what you want about me, at least i hold true to what i believe, no matter who's in power.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yea, Its all bushes fault. That evil Bush. How dare he make Obama do the things he does. How dare Bush stand in the way of everything Obama tries to do. That damned Bush is to blame for all the starving kids in Africa. Bush, Bush Bush. I feel like I am back in the year 2007.

IF YOU WANT BUSH SO BAD, GO GET HIM. NOBODY IS STOPPING YOU.
FIND SOMETHING, MAKE IT STICK, AND PROSECUTE. NOBODY SAYS YOU CANT. IF YOU HAVE THE EVIDENCE, BY ALL MEANS, FRY THE BASTARD.

That said, this isnt about BUSH.

This is about the OTHER criminal we have in office. I know that some of you have a hard time comming down on your President when he screws up, but not so hard of a time to praise him when he does good. Dont any of you see your hypocrisy in all of that?
Anytime Obama does something good(which is hardly ever) you all say "Its because Obama knows whats Up".
Anytime Obama screws up, its either Bushes fault, or Congresses fault.

They are criminals, and you all act as if its ok to be criminals, because there were criminals before him.

Obama can do no wrong I guess.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

If this story is true nothing will happen to Obama anytime soon anyways. if it is true it just means his arrogance got him caught with his hand in the cookie jar. just most presidents have been smart enough to cover their tracks alot better than they claim Obama did. Don't get me wrong i can't stand the guy and can't believe so many gullable people fell for his hope and change slogan with no idea how he was going to change things.

Just so i understand your logic tell me exactly how the wars in Iraq and Afganistan are illegal?
Because if i remember correctly right or wrong Congress authorized the use of force in Iraq and Afghanistan. And if your going to base your decission that they are illegal because the UN didn't give its ok, I'm sorry but your saddly mistaken. NO COUNTRY has to seek the consent of the UN to wage war against another country.

So Bush lied about the reasons for the Iraq war. still doesn't make it illegal. not that it really matters since Iraq had been violating the terms of the ceasefire that ended the first gulf war since day 1. he had all the justification right there to reinvade Iraq. and don't tell me Iraq wasn't in violation of the ceasefire either. I guess you conviently forgot the few times Clinton attacked Iraq with cruise missles to force comliance with the cease fire.

[edit on 8/16/2010 by Mercenary2007]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join