It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rendlesham Forest UFO - What really Happened?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The lighthouse explanation really fails though, when considering the "encounter" with the object the men reported.

We should recognize the fact that the "object" story is the most controversial and least credible part of the story. For example, we know that Jim Penniston's notebook was likely not drawn on the night of the incident.

www.ianridpath.com...

Also, there is a major discrepancy regarding how long they observed the supposed "craft". Burroughs claims they hit the ground when seeing the "craft" while Penniston claims they examined it for nearly a full hour.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Turiddu]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The Rendlesham Forest UFO - What really Happened?

We all gor Verrrry Verrrrrrry Veerrr"!!"£y Very

DrunK!

What happened in The Rendlesham Forest Stays in The Rendlesham Forest

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Ignore this post please.

(Thanks Noah for your post below which made me realize it's best to ignore the trolls.
)

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

That's an impressive amount of research done in the OP but having done all that research I would have thought you'd run across the discrepancy in the Penniston and Burroughs accounts and acknowledge at least one of them must be lying, my guess is Penniston because I can't find any evidence in earlier years where he claimed to have that notebook.

I'd have to say that you're forgetting the debriefings, the 'men in black', and the possibility that some sort of hypnotic suggestion may be at play. Even those who haven't specifically referred to such debriefings would be potential victims of such techniques - as we all know, people react differently to hypnotic suggestion. Some recall lots, some none at all, some have a sense that something is amiss etc etc.

STAR and FLAG to you Rising Against. I have my own thoughts on this matter, and I agree with many that this is the most crucial UK UFO event in our history. I was born and brought up on RAF bases in Eastern England, in the early eighties, and there's definitely some complex shenanigans scattered around and about. Though it seems kooky, I think there's a lot more to this than even the vast swathes of evidence and witness accounts bring to bear. Almost as if this was the point in time where the UK and US governments were brought into a diplomatic relationship with an alien race. There's more to be told, I'm certain, and only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Quick note:

I'd like to add that I'm saddened to see the amount of disinfo, deflection and trollishness in this thread. Some is subtle, some is 'in your face', but all of it is supposed to lead interested newbies down the path of "we'll never know, it's probably another hoax".

Don't believe the disinfo - this is the possibly BIGGEST case in modern UFOlogy, and one that deserves great attention and consideration.

The disinfo effort shows that someone is still trying to keep the lid on this one. Particularly I'd love to be able to verify the comments of Margaret Thatcher - it sounds like she made an off-hand remark, perhaps with the intention of sounding sarcastic, making people believe she was taking the *&$$ etc.

Fight the good fight.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NoahTheSumerian

I agree with you ,
Members pay no mind to the trash , This case is well worth looking into .
Starred .

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I've edited my last post to ignore a comment directed towards a troll so thanks for your comments Noah and Omega. I appreciate it and I 100% agree with you both.

And yeah, IMO this is not just one of the best cases I've ever read about from the UK...but one of the best I’ve ever read about from all over the world. The credibility of the witnesses takes it to a new level and forces you to take it seriously, despite what some people believe still, and what allegedly occurred is nothing short of fascinating.

This is by far my favourite UFO case and for good reason.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
First, let me compliment the OP on the amount of research that went into this thread. You've succeeded in keeping me "otherwise engaged" for half the day at work.
Regarding the film and pictures, as someone else has said, given that the Geiger counters indicated the presence of radiation, it would be assumed that that same radiation would have fogged the film (much like airport Xrays can do, with the amount of fogging proportional to the strength of the radiation and the total time the film was exposed to that radiation). Could the radiation also account for the distorted time feeling, with a feeling of disorientation and slower thinking?
Regarding the symbols on the side, when I saw the closeup the 4th character (the one that others have referred to as looking like a man standing with legs/arms outstretched), it struck me how similar it looks to the Chinese/Japanese character for "fire".

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This was an incredible read. Thank you

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WhenJokersAttack

Thank You.

Do you have any thoughts you'd like to share on what you have read as well?

edit on 10-9-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
First off - don't be hasty on flaming those lurking coz we all got jobs and duties to fulfill. My time's gold, or nickels at the very least. Slave needs scraps for food master.

Secondly, Rendlesham's always been a fave to me. Yes, like most of you ATSers, even more than Area51; primarily because the witnesses all collaborate with their story and coz they're credible witnesses - most of them are! Then we have good evidence, and as some of our members point out, THIS would stand in a court of law.

But I'm not a lawyer, I'm an engineer. And I find it fascinating that the drive on this vehicle seem to mimmick Tesla's experiments and the beifield brown effect. As for being human in origin, I dunno. If I base it on the witness testimonies, exploding silently and breaking apart and forming separate lights - I just DON'T KNOW. That's too much for earth science as for now IMHO.

It does seem to me that our modern movies found inspiration from this incident and put it in their scripts.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Oh - and S&F to you sir!

This is certainly A++ quality work. Thanks a million. Keep it up!

I wish I could contribute more to your research but I don't work in NASA or anything like that.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
New member here and everything, thoroughly enjoyed reading this, thank you. I initially found out about this case around a year ago but wrote it off due to the seemingly conflicting statements given by the different parties involved. Additionally, at the time I think the two men claiming to be the "hoaxers" had just come forward (which sealed the deal for the newspapers...lazy journalism and everything). I recently read Nick Pope's views on the incident and it led me here...I'm glad it did.

I can't honestly subscribe to the lighthouse theory - surely, at a later date, the men involved would have seen such "strange lights" (as well as there being further reports of a similar nature by others). Obviously, it's difficult to rule out a terrestrial explanation, but to me it doesn't seem to fit all the evidence.

The witnesses intrigue me - I suspect that someone there isn't telling the truth (other than Larry Warren, that part of the story just seems weird to me). I don't know, it all seems very strange to me that Penniston, Burroughs and Cabansag didn't exactly write witness reports which corroborated each other - surely they were talking about it on the way back from the site? It's also very strange that both Halt and Penniston have elaborated further on their respective stories many years later with details which - you would have thought - would have been racing through their minds straight after the event and that they would have stated in the witness report; I'd be very interested in a full psychological evaluation of the main witnesses - I know one of the witnesses above vouches for Penniston being of sound mind and the fact that Halt was a high ranking, credible man, but it'd be nice to have "official" confirmation of this. It's bizarre that Penniston has this notebook which the others have categorically stated that he did not have at the time - why forge it and produce it later when the others know that it wasn't there at the time? It doesn't add up.

I've toyed with the idea of OSI intervention in tampering with the witnesses. It's perfectly possible and, judging by the US's handling of such cases, I'm sure that they would want to try and reduce the credibility of this case, and what better way than altering the stories that the main witnesses recall so that they don't tally with each other? Speculative, yes, but it's not a ridiculous suggestion.

Anyway, there's so much information on this case, it's hard to keep track of everything, and it's frustrating that there's almost certainly more evidence around which is classified. Thanks again for putting everything we have in one place!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

excellent presentation

the fact they won't release the photos and there was trace evidence should be enough to convince anyone there was more in the woods that night than just a reflection from a lighthouse. skeptics don't like this case because knowing there are UFOs flying around makes it difficult for them to sleep at night.
S&F

Charles Halt discusses the case in the recent Disclosure Conference video,

edit on 4-10-2010 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

skeptics don't like this case because knowing there are UFOs flying around makes it difficult for them to sleep at night.
S&F

True True.

Thanks for that video as well btw!

It's a long one and I have no time to watch right now (thus the reason for taking so long to reply) but I'll watch when ever I can.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I've always been intrigued by this case and recently (earlier today on the other side of the world i believe) the BBC has decided to re-open the case for investigation. So I thought i would bump this great thread for any who are interested.

Help Us Solve the Rendlesham UFO Mystery

I still believe there is enough evidence to count this among the few genuinely unknown (possibly ET) UFO cases in history. Easily equal to the Roswell case as far as scale and military involvement in my mind any way.
I think the Bentwaters personnel who have come forward about their experience are credible, and I find Lt. Col. Holt's recordings remarkable. I sense the awe that he was feeling at that point when he recorded it and it feels very real to me.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Thank you for all your effort to put all this information together.

I have not been able to read the entire thread, so I don't know if someone else has stated this.

I had a friend that was stationed at the base. After the incident he was transfered to another base. He said that many of his fellow air-men were also transfered.

He felt they were separated from each other to keep them from talking about the incident.

There has to be a reason why the Military wants this information, and information about all UFO incidents kept secret.

Either they are in cohoots with these Aliens, or they are afraid the masses will flip out if they find out what is really going on.

Most of us here know Aliens have been visiting Earth for thousands of years. The real mystery is why the US military, and others, want to keep this information secret.

Any thoughts on why this information is so closely guarded, and denied?

Thanks again Rising.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
30 Year Brit UFO tapes released - FINALLY!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

6 minutes of tape
www.thesun.co.uk...

www.crowdedskies.com...
edit on 3-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Thanks for that link and the great post. I wholeheartedly agree with you, especially in regards to this case being equal to Roswell as it most certainly is in my mind. Maybe if anything, more credible maybe?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zeta55

Any thoughts on why this information is so closely guarded, and denied?

Thanks for the post.

Personally, I think there’s a mixture of 3 reasons explaining UFO sightings for one thing....

The first of being, the governments (some of which) simply don't know what the hell’s happening, so a cover story is used instead of them actually admitting they don't know what's happening, for obvious reason of course.

The second being government projects are responsible for most sightings.

And Thirdly, genuine extraterrestrials are responsible.

A mixture of all these 3 see the most likely to me, the third of which being the most rare..

In regards to why the government wouldn’t ever tell the people, well like you say, the fear is they would simply flip out and cause havoc, something which I believe also, but then again, it’s a risk worth taking from my POV.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join