It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hollywood lied to you about Russians being cold and grim! Total proof!

page: 1
14
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Most of what we are told and shown on TV are lies. Did you all know that? Truth doesn't get broadcast.

Even the portrayal of other countries are lies, and the propaganda that every country in the world has no freedom except America. Most of the evidence contradicts that propaganda. But most Americans believe it cause they are programmed to. Ask most immigrants in America and they will tell you that they had MORE freedom (but less money) in their original countries. It's only Hollywood that shows the lie that everyone experiences more freedom in America than abroad. Reality is always different than what you see on TV.

Russians are portrayed in movies as cold, grim and sullen, while Americans as extroverted, open and wild. But when I went to Russia, it was the opposite. Everyone was very sociable and open to me, more than I could ever dream of. I met more people in one week in Russia, than I did in 10 years in America. In America, social interaction is mostly for business, not for bonding with others. Everyone lives in their own bubble. Neighbors don't talk to each other. It's a very isolated society, but Hollywood shows the exact opposite. Why the lie? And why the misportrayal of Russians? Why?

They also never use real Russian actors when they portray Russians. I wonder why. Maybe it's because real Russians do not like to portray false stereotypes about their people?

Here in this video I show how the REAL Russians are from my three trips there. It is totally UNREHEARSED and UNSCRIPTED. You will see how sociable and fun they are in their natural environments, outside the US matrix which is all about control and fakeness.

Here's another comparison you never hear about in the US:

In America, the most friendly and inclusive people you can meet tend to be either children or elderly/seniors, not young adults and least of all, young adult FEMALES! However, in Russia, young adults, male and female, are very open, inclusive and easy to meet and socialize with. Much more than the US and other socially cliquish conservative countries!



[edit on 16-8-2010 by WWu777]

[edit on 16-8-2010 by WWu777]




posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
According to Hollywood lies, everyone wants to come to America, including Europeans and Australians. Did you see that movie with Harrison Ford that showed immigrants, even rich ones, doing anything and whatever it takes to get a green card in the US? It was sick.

Here are what real immigrants say about life in America:

www.happierabroad.com...

Look what this Russian woman told me. What she said doesn't conform at all to the Hollywood lie that everyone feels more free in America!



“Hello!

I by chance (looking actually at a completely different forum) encountered your site, and decided I simply HAVE to add my story/point of view...have to say it is all within the lines of what I've read (how immigrants view America/Americans...

I moved here 13 years ago, never planned, but that man met me in my home city, and couldn't leave alone for 2 years, which eventually ended up in marriage (me being very young, unaware of life, without life's wisdom)...we first lived in Texas...boondocks. I ma from Russia, country of soul, of mystics, of rich inner world, of great culture, literature, etc....What striked me to the point of not possible to put in words there: IGNORANCE (enough was said in your page there. same things, ppl not knowing the map of the world, geography, their own culture not talking about other cultures...back in Russia I did not even KNOW such things, this level of ignorance, is possible in the world...

2. Fakeness...again, ppl are not real, all wear masks, all pretend, a huge fake hypocritical, cold, indifferent, spiritless world. I felt I was communicating with lunatics or imbeciles. In Russia, no matter what profession or education one has, such thing as common sense is always present in a person, in every plummer, every peasant, every cleaner, etc. Here, even ppl with college degrees have no common sense in them. The very few OK Americans I met were from university from the Languages Dep, those who were deeply in touch with European cultures, people, mentality...

Anyway, then arn 9 years ago we moved to Arizona; Arizona is MUCH better than TX I have to admit, but the general American tendencies are no less ever present here, too.

Coldness, indifference, hypocrisy, lack of refinement, of culture, of common sense, of spirituality, of compassion are the most horrible characteristics of this country and its ppl. I would agree also to call it "insane asylum". This inner emptiness drives them to horde malls on the weekends, to look for their "bargains" and "specials", and to pass by others of their own kind that are in need.

I feel it is a Devil's place, a Devil's Kingdom on Earth par excellence. This world sucks on the whole, but in other places of this dark planet there is some soul lives on, some Spirit dwells in people's hearts still, and that soothes the trials of our every day existence. Here, in the US, the cruelty of their empty human hearts, which they call "individualism" is beyond belief. They are empty, cruel, soulless, spiritless, fake, dead ppl, automatons, biorobots. What else one can say...

Thank you for creating and bringing to the world your site, for the honesty and sincerity. Blessings “


I can certainly relate to how she feels. I spent a lot of time in Russia and it is definitely more soulful and passionate than in the US, which resonated with me instantly because I am a very soulful passionate person myself. Thus I can see where’s coming from in her perspective. But of course, if you’ve never left the US and been immersed in a more passionate liberated culture, you wouldn’t understand.


[edit on 16-8-2010 by WWu777]



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Also, look what this young guy from Ukraine wrote me about being in the US. You will be shocked that it totally doesn't fit into Hollywood's lies as well!


www.happierabroad.com...

“totally agree!!! I am a Ukrainian who moved to the USA and could not figure out WTF is wrong with me. It took a loooong time to actually understand that people around me are completely morally degraded, retarded, limited, not educated, have never been to other states or NEVER in their life been to OTHER country (we don't count trips to Cancun to get wasted). People are completely lonely, they smile - but you know that it's almost 99% FAKE. People CANNOT stand in public - they hide themselves into cell phones, iPods or just clicking whatever in their hand. No one makes eye contact for more than 3 seconds! If you just look at someone for a long time - they look at you as a rapist! What kind of retarded society is that??? Completely screwed up, Freedom does NOT exist in America! At least not at this point!

I can go on and on about family, relationship, food, meetings etc. Even European cities are planned differently - in France there are many HUGE squares in any city center (downtown) where they have literally HUNDREDS of cafe's right out on the streets, people walk and stroll down the streets during weekends, socialize, talk, hang out, sit in the parks, meet and greet etc. There are virtually NO FAT PEOPLE in France!!! And food here is GREAT, tasted natural, organic and home-made. No, not home-made from box of Mac'n'Cheese from Wal-Mart (complete chemical poison). Food in France is natural in every way possible. I know because I grew up in Europe eating everything fresh fromthe market and thank God, there was no McDonald's in our city until I was 16. But funny - McDonald's in Europe tastes MUCH better than in the USA. Same goes for Coca Cola, chips and other food. Yesterday I tried French Fries in French restaurant for the first time - IT TASTED BETTER THAN ANY U.S. made chocolate!

Everything is retarded in USA in terms of enjoying life! Food, people, families, social interaction, work long hours (in France there is 35 hour work week and 5 week of vacation for everyone! Eat that!). People have a life here. Socialized medicine is amazing by the way. I don't want to repeat Michael Moore, he is 95% correct in his Sicko movie about situation and life in the USA - you live in debt all your life, while educationis almost always FREE in Europe (or very cheap).

We have to organize a movement, publish brochures, open people's eyes, tell them that they live in the matrix! Winston, you are doing a great thing by helping other people understand the truth behind their miserable lives. At this point I see no benefit of living in the USA and especially living or creating a family, even with a foreign girl. Just teaching English will be enough to make a living in most countries abroad and if you have a degree, you will eventually find a better job. Many U.S. companies operate abroad, you could work for them as a regional manager or representative etc. Go Abroad, GET A LIFE.”



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777
 


Hollywood has, for years, been using the most ridiculous stereotypes imaginable.

Sadly, many people swallow it. Even the silly music they play in the background upon the introduction of an ethnic character... a subtle way to say... "These people are scary and different, they dont share our advanced sense of morals"

If its an Arab... Cue the "sinister" vocal wailings of the call to prayer
An African... the "savage" beat of bongos
A Russian... the "drunken" sound of kozak music

Etc...


My father went to Russia in the late 80's... He had an illness that was incurable and had heard that the Russians had been experimenting with a possible cure. They never lied; he understood from the start that this was highly experimental and likely to fail... However, he said he had never experienced such a warm and genuinely caring people...

If he had believed the Hollywood stereotype of the time he wouldn’t have even gone in the first place. Instead he would have believed them to be cold, untrustworthy, lacking in empathy and planting listening devices in his wheelchair


A prime example of why stereotypes are dangerous.




[edit on 16-8-2010 by Muckster]



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Here is more proof that the media lied about Russians being cold and grim.

In this video, I interact with some hot young girls in Moscow's Red Square. Look how friendly, open and lively they are with me. I'm just average looking too. Totally not cold and grim like Hollywood shows. What F ing LIARS Hollywood is!




posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777
 





In this video, I interact with some hot young girls in Moscow's Red Square. Look how friendly, open and lively they are with me. I'm just average looking too. Totally not cold and grim like Hollywood shows

Hmm... OK... I’m starting to feel uncomfortable with this... let’s not turn this into another stereotype...

Cutting out the "hot young girls" comments will give this thread more weight and less feeling of being a sarcastic look at Russia...


Did you spend any time with people of other age groups? Or just hung around with "hot young girls"

Unless of course you are a teenager on some kind of student swap thingy (in which case i apologise) but this is kinda getting creepy.

I have an image of some 40 year old bloke going around Russian colleges looking for girls to say dirty things on camera...



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
you have been oliver stoned folks.

Russins love a good party and all the ones I have met have been a riot.
and hard working, and in general darn good company.
Not to mention smart and pragmatic.

They have had a hard road due to the bolshevic revolutions which were brought about by the same people who run Hollyweird
just read some Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn..
Who wrote what is considered to be the best literary work of the twentieth century.

For anyone who wonders about my avowed aversion to Zionizm, read the Gulag Archipelago. That will begin to explain my opinion of that bunch.


[edit on 16-8-2010 by Danbones]



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I agree with you OP

What i really have been wondering is the attitude of teenage girls - young women in some western countries. You rarely meet any other group of people who are so spoiled and full of themselves.

I have been travelling somewhat this year and i must say that crossing over to estonia/russia from here and you will immediately feel the different culture. People are much more kind, alive and vibrant.

I would almost say that both the love&hate aspects are much more pronounced in their culture, when the western way is an indifferent gray suspicious mass.



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The video kinda creeps me out. Walking around panning up and down random Russian girls doesn't really prove they are friendly, it just seems weird. The part at McD's it seems like they are laughing and wondering why is this guy following us around with a camera while I try to get my Rotten Ronnies on. Just my opinion.



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
2:38 onwards kinda caught me off guard... random hookup for the win!

I agree though, the stereotype is an easy target especially when it comes to harnessing it in order to get 'cheap' emotion out of an audience. My grand father lived and worked in Russia for almost 10 years and he says it was one of best times of his life, mostly due to the friendly people.

P.S: Do you record all the girls you hook up with like this? Are you working on a documentary or something? lol



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
Did you spend any time with people of other age groups? Or just hung around with "hot young girls"


That is all he hung about with, and was surprised that some would not kiss him etc unless he paid them.... www.russia-channel.com...

[edit on 16/8/10 by dereks]



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777
 


Doesn't this say more that Americans (and increasingly Canadians too), rely on Hollywood to show what the world is like. In my experience, most of my friends, family and colleagues have strong ties to our ancestral homelands even 3 generations onward and travelling back to them is an important aspect, so we know that there is more to the world than what lies on the 39th parallel.

Talking to people and sharing experiences should be a way of "seeing" what the rest of the world is like without travelling. I know that not everyone can afford to travel overseas, but there isn't even a curiosity about what lies beyond the borders for most Americans.

I know not everyone is like this but I find the prevalent attitude is that if it is different, or not American it is bad. Granted, other nationalities could be like this but I have not encountered it on such a grand scale. My own (US) cousins shortened our familial last name to make it easier for others because no one wanted to make the effort to pronounce it (and it isn't even that difficult).

Growing up we watched the local news, the Italian news and even watched Asian Horizons on the weekends because my Nonna and I liked the Bollywood movies. Other cultures weren't that foreign to us and I think America's opposite stance on foreign cultures has led to this attitude.

Lastly, Hollywood movies are fiction, why would one believe what they see of a Russian or Iranian then not believe a man can don a cape and tights and fly?



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Ok, i agree with the premise of the topic...but the videos are a bit weird if you ask me. Looks like the beginning of one of those amateur porn videos, where some american dude goes around the world chatting up foreign girls and then having sex with them for some $$$.
Im not saying i think that is what you are doing, that's just the feeling i get from watching them, especially that last one you posted. Good topic though, and i agree with your posts.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Solomons]



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777

Also, look what this young guy from Ukraine wrote me about being in the US. You will be shocked that it totally doesn't fit into Hollywood's lies as well!


www.happierabroad.com...

“totally agree!!! I am a Ukrainian who moved to the USA and could not figure out WTF is wrong with me. It took a loooong time to actually understand that people around me are completely morally degraded, retarded, limited, not educated, have never been to other states or NEVER in their life been to OTHER country (we don't count trips to Cancun to get wasted). People are completely lonely, they smile - but you know that it's almost 99% FAKE. People CANNOT stand in public - they hide themselves into cell phones, iPods or just clicking whatever in their hand. No one makes eye contact for more than 3 seconds! If you just look at someone for a long time - they look at you as a rapist! What kind of retarded society is that??? Completely screwed up, Freedom does NOT exist in America! At least not at this point!

I can go on and on about family, relationship, food, meetings etc. Even European cities are planned differently - in France there are many HUGE squares in any city center (downtown) where they have literally HUNDREDS of cafe's right out on the streets, people walk and stroll down the streets during weekends, socialize, talk, hang out, sit in the parks, meet and greet etc. There are virtually NO FAT PEOPLE in France!!! And food here is GREAT, tasted natural, organic and home-made. No, not home-made from box of Mac'n'Cheese from Wal-Mart (complete chemical poison). Food in France is natural in every way possible. I know because I grew up in Europe eating everything fresh fromthe market and thank God, there was no McDonald's in our city until I was 16. But funny - McDonald's in Europe tastes MUCH better than in the USA. Same goes for Coca Cola, chips and other food. Yesterday I tried French Fries in French restaurant for the first time - IT TASTED BETTER THAN ANY U.S. made chocolate!

Everything is retarded in USA in terms of enjoying life! Food, people, families, social interaction, work long hours (in France there is 35 hour work week and 5 week of vacation for everyone! Eat that!). People have a life here. Socialized medicine is amazing by the way. I don't want to repeat Michael Moore, he is 95% correct in his Sicko movie about situation and life in the USA - you live in debt all your life, while educationis almost always FREE in Europe (or very cheap).

We have to organize a movement, publish brochures, open people's eyes, tell them that they live in the matrix! Winston, you are doing a great thing by helping other people understand the truth behind their miserable lives. At this point I see no benefit of living in the USA and especially living or creating a family, even with a foreign girl. Just teaching English will be enough to make a living in most countries abroad and if you have a degree, you will eventually find a better job. Many U.S. companies operate abroad, you could work for them as a regional manager or representative etc. Go Abroad, GET A LIFE.”


Very interesting cultural divide. As for staring at someone, it is called personal space in the US. I wonder did he just stare for a long time and never said "Hello"? Or anything? That is just creepy! Its not that Americans are retarded or socially backward, its the fact that the way you act in your respective cultures are different than how Americans act. We tend to not like strangers till we get to know them. Get away from the big cities (which are full of immigrants) and get out and meet some people in the rural areas for a true taste of America!



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
reply to post by WWu777
 





In this video, I interact with some hot young girls in Moscow's Red Square. Look how friendly, open and lively they are with me. I'm just average looking too. Totally not cold and grim like Hollywood shows

Hmm... OK... I’m starting to feel uncomfortable with this... let’s not turn this into another stereotype...

Cutting out the "hot young girls" comments will give this thread more weight and less feeling of being a sarcastic look at Russia...


Did you spend any time with people of other age groups? Or just hung around with "hot young girls"

Unless of course you are a teenager on some kind of student swap thingy (in which case i apologise) but this is kinda getting creepy.

I have an image of some 40 year old bloke going around Russian colleges looking for girls to say dirty things on camera...


Why should the truth, fun and hot young girls make you feel creepy? Are you a prude?

I thought we came to ATS to learn the truth about everything? Are you now saying we should be censored and apply taboos to certain topics?

There is nothing wrong with liking hot girls. It's natural.

It's the media that suppresses that, so you remain a weak slave.

Don't fall for it.



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthbes
The video kinda creeps me out. Walking around panning up and down random Russian girls doesn't really prove they are friendly, it just seems weird. The part at McD's it seems like they are laughing and wondering why is this guy following us around with a camera while I try to get my Rotten Ronnies on. Just my opinion.


Yes it does prove that they are friendly. Hell ya. In America or Japan you couldn't meet girls that easily.

I was not banging them or anything. Nothing wrong with talking to them. The media has turned you into a prude.



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
2:38 onwards kinda caught me off guard... random hookup for the win!

I agree though, the stereotype is an easy target especially when it comes to harnessing it in order to get 'cheap' emotion out of an audience. My grand father lived and worked in Russia for almost 10 years and he says it was one of best times of his life, mostly due to the friendly people.

P.S: Do you record all the girls you hook up with like this? Are you working on a documentary or something? lol


Not all. Just the ones that like it. Russians like being filmed. This was back in 2003 anyway, when I was ecstatic there due to my long drought in the US of loneliness and isolation.

Yes I have a video series called Foreign women encounters. You can see all 7 parts here: www.happierabroad.com...

I thought ATS was open minded. Why so many prudes here?

Can't a guy just live a little?

[edit on 16-8-2010 by WWu777]



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
In contrast, look what happened to my friend Kairosan when he tried to talk to strangers in Philadelphia. lol




posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The media has turned me into a prude? Your argument has no backing. I am friendly and outgoing and meet girls on a daily basis. I am just not creeping around with a camera panning up and down saying these women are hot and have nice legs. Perhaps you should just learn how to approach people properly and you will find it much easier to meet people in Japan or America. I am from Canada and go to the States regularly and people are easy to talk to as long as your not filming them when they don't want to be.



posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Its the DEVILS we have in place called leaders of countries who mold our minds to suit their agenda.

We are the leaders PAWNS who they wish to keep instilled with hate towards those who are really our friends around the world.

Perhaps this nonsense it is to DIVERT the populations attention and anger OFF of THEM who are the REAL enemy of us PAWNS.

People all around the world could get along with each other if two things can be eliminated. The biggest of the two obstacles to a peaceful world is the corrupt leaders of nations.




top topics



 
14
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join