It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object on outer edge of Hale Crater, Mars - HiRise pics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ah finally a decent hirez image. thanks armap!

i can now clearly see that the blueish tinted sections are the actual rock, with a lot of sand and dust sitting on top. interesting geology. mars is so cool. i see nothing artificial.

straight lines do not make something artificial. shale breaks up in straight lines, as do many other types of rock. it just depends on how the rock was created. what is the rock composed of, how quickly did it cool, what kind of faults might be in the rock...etc.. those kinds of questions are extremely pertinent to photos such as the one in the OP.

i participated in a discussion about an anomaly photo some months ago and i could tell from looking at the surrounding area that it wasn't a building as proposed. someone, i forget who, posted a new high rez photo of the area and as i suspected it wasn't a building, it was to areas of different colored sand, true the lighter area was incredibly circular, but it wasn't artificial. after being called a debunker and basically mocked, you know what happend? nothing. only the OP of that thread even acknowledged that it wasn't artificial like he had thought.

i hope this thread goes differently. and i hope that this picture that armap pulled up further convinces people to use the highest rez they can find! the stuff from the 70's is not good enough to determine anything!

thanks for bringing this to our attention OP even if it isn't artificial.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/178b2527299e.gif[/atsimg]

Sure, this appears to be a shaddow from the structure arching, though it could very well be a shaddow to a bottom "cliff".

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Not wanting to to derail from the pics the OP has posted too much. Having a gander through the Hirise images myself I came across this one;

The full res can be seen here;

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

The arrows marked A, the lines they point to can be seen on multiple images so I'm assuming this is something like the stitching lines of all the passes by the satellite or something along those lines.

The Arrows marked B are the ones I find interesting. I really don't know what to think of them, they sort of look like building foundations? Any ideas?

To add to my conspiracy thinking, the fact the image title is 'Small crater on the North Polar Deposits-DELETE' makes me chuckle

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

It's an optical illusion.

As Havick007 provided link to two photos of the same area, in one of those, with sun higher, we have a better view of the ground features.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/75f20c15ebebfa9e.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Holliday221

This is what they say about known artefacts:

KNOWN ARTIFACTS
These are known artifacts present in some, but not all, HiRISE DTMs.
They may not be present in this DTM! Look at the terrain shaded relief to detect these before using the DTM!
- Boxes
Some DTMs have square areas that are usually about .5-1 m different in elevation from the surrounding areas.
These are artifacts of the processing algorithms used in Socet Set ((c) BAE Systems).
There may be goups of these boxes. They are almost impossible to edit out, so the user should look
for such artifacts in a terrain shaded relief map before using the DTM for analysis.
- CCD seams
A HiRISE image is made up of 10 individual images, stitched together along their long edges.
In a DTM, these seams can be visible as long lines. These seams are difficult to remove from the whole
- Faceted areas
Areas that were very bland (low contrast) or deeply shadowed with low contrast and low signal may have
a "faceted" look to them. Terrain in these areas is not trustworthy.

Source

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
look like rock formation, always trying to see something that is not there

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Mars is indeed a treasure house of questions needing answers. I came upon this website: sites.google.com... that has detail of regions of Mars showing obvious buildings and machines that give one pause for thought. I agree with the site originators premise that NASA loves to hide things in plain sight.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JD5000

No visible buildings or machines on those images, at least to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

At that resolution id have to agree with you, lol dont be so surprised... If we had some higher res images we could look at the area's in JD's links a little better.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Well the way I see it, I think The craters are some sort of interance or air- shafts. I really do believe they are living IN the planet, just like the 9 Caves they found beneath Vietnam. The caves look absolutely worth living in, Plants, growings, rivers. The earthcrost above the '' caves'' will be a new sort of Ozone for us, by making craters we can filtre the air on Co2, radiation etc., When it is possible here on earth, then it is absolutely posible on the moon, Rhea, and other panets. Ever wondering why the flags are always waving on the moon? with no gravity or wind? And we all do know the moon as a rocky'' unlivable planet. but why then we see it shining at night? I think the lights are coming from inside. This picture can show a sort of enterance. See the movie Moon Rising on youtube.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I think it looks natural, although interesting, from a geological point of view.

Here is the full resolution image, from the RGB version.

(click the image for the full resolution, 3.3 MB, image)

Hey ArMap,

Could you be so kind to tell me how you came across these very high quality images? I think i've caught the OP's bug and want to go looking over Mars etc, trying to pick out things =]

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

It's kinda fun if your into photo analysis etc. I warn you, it can be addictive. I have had some nights where i sit down and start looking at Mars and 6 hours just goes by so quick.

In hignsight all the hours werent so productive.....
edit on 6-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

I will see if I can find some higher resolution photos.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by indunedain

I think that, if there's life on Mars, it probably exists underground, inside empty lava tubes, for example, where the temperatures are less extreme and the air is denser, making the possibility of liquid water more likely.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

Those images are from HiRISE, the high resolution camera aboard Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

The images for this thread were posted on this post, and you can see all the images (17465 at the moment) here.

I suggest you download IAS viewer from the software page, that way you can have direct access to the high-definition JPEG2000 files.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks, i'm having a break from Mars images and searching etc, i have soent waaay to many hours at night going through them. Going to work for 8-10 hours afterwards isnt so much fun....

What you said about life is the most likely of scenarios. Anything left no matter how big or small would be underground.

I know in your statement you were most likely refering to microbs etc. There may well be massive caverns with oxygen as well. If there is proved to be liquid or even ice under the surface, there is no reason that it would not convert to Oxygen in Gas form. In area close to a heat source such as Lava tubes, or closer to the crust.

I am only speculating here so dont hold me to it.

I mean if the poles have ice, ice that is H2o then there may be a chance.

Also carbon of course, but then just because we originated from carbon does not mean there are other ways for life to form.....

We think of Oxygen, water, carbon and all related structures as ''our'' building blocks of life. But that doesnt rule out the fact that in all the universe they are the only building blocks of life.

Like i said i am merely speculating here, nothing to back it up and....yeees i do expect some critics on the above statements

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Many thanks boys, appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I actually like these kinds of pics because not only are they thought provoking, but they point out something common in NASA images of Mars. (The Moon also)

Notice the smooth patches all around the picture? Some could say it's dust, as Mars is "supposedly" a dry dusty planet. But I know enough about images on computers to spot Smudge applications when I see them. It'd probably be a lot easier to tell what that junk was if we could see what's being hidden around it.

Nice though, I like it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by indunedain

I think that, if there's life on Mars, it probably exists underground, inside empty lava tubes, for example, where the temperatures are less extreme and the air is denser, making the possibility of liquid water more likely.

Like so? Peekaboo, I see you!!

edit on 6-1-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genus
Notice the smooth patches all around the picture? Some could say it's dust, as Mars is "supposedly" a dry dusty planet. But I know enough about images on computers to spot Smudge applications when I see them. It'd probably be a lot easier to tell what that junk was if we could see what's being hidden around it.

Any professional use of the smudge (or any other) tool would not leave traces that you could identify, and if you had looked at the images in their first step of processing you probably wouldn't say that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join