It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims, Catholics, Jews, Christians etc - NO!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
At the moment the Mosques and Islam being built next to ground zero is causing a lot of threads to asks questions about its appropriateness given the 9/11 "accident". Some of these comments are in favor of the building being built and some are not. I say build not a MOSQUE or CHURCH but build a (insert anything but religion). Its all Politics!!

What I want to find out is why religion as a whole is not condemned more instead of selecting one religion every so often to assassinate.

Why in the 21st century are we still involved with religion. Why when NO proof has EVER been offered up do people still believe in god willingly and without hesitation.

No religion has proved to its followers that god is real. No one has proved god is Almighty.

I am not disputing that the "prophets" or "spokespersons" of these religions ever existed because there is some sketchy proof that Jesus, Moses, Mohammad and Abraham may of been actual people.

But what religion is saying is that we are too believe that these prophets are to be trusted without proof and just on word.

This makes no sense because what that is saying is that for someones word to be believed that word must be the word of "good" not bad.

Why is that everyone today still believes in god yet science has not and cannot prove there is god in the literal sense of an "Almighty god"

I myself have no proof that there is or is not a god. I can't believe that people in today's society can so readily believe in a god and that these very same people can struggle through horrendous tragedy and still say "I still have God". This to me is the very definition of insanity!

This again lead me to whether religion can be accepted as bad. For something to be good it must also be accepted that it MAY and COULD be bad at a given point!

Yet in the very courts we administer justice and hand down life changing decisions and still CAN swear on the Holy Bible or other religious text in front of the very people who are judging us, our PEERS, who some themselves, will have unwavering faith in god; is it wholly unexceptionable to answer to your charge "God told me to do it". You would be judged insane. Why? Because people cannot believe that god could be bad. This then nullifies the existence of god altogether yet no one questions it!!

This is hypocritical as everyone who believes in god believes that their holy book is the word of god. Why? Because a prophet told them "god told me".

This means that for god to speak with you the only thing that can come from him are things of GOOD. And NEVER something BAD.

It seems to me religion does not care about this fact and people are blindly going into something that pits them against someone else (other religions and non-believers) without so much as a question. This I find is against everything we learn as Humans beings. This is against common sense. This is against evolution of man.

So, We can not blame just one RELIGION but we must blame all religion and question its relevance in modern and educated times. Instead of blaming just the MUSLIMS for the worlds problems we need to blame RELIGION as a whole. We need to stand against RELIGION when attacks are made, people are killed, regardless of the skin color and clothes they wear, the same premise is behind it all. RELIGION. and so far I am not impressed!!

So beware, for the time is coming," says the LORD, "when that place will no longer be called Topheth or the valley of the son of Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter. They will bury so many bodies in Topheth that there won't be room for all the graves. The corpses of my people will be food for the vultures and wild animals, and no one will be left to scare them away. I will put an end to the happy singing and laughter in the streets of Jerusalem. The joyful voices of bridegrooms and brides will no longer be heard in the towns of Judah. The land will lie in complete desolation. (Jeremiah 7:32-34 NLT)

[edit on 053131p://f49Monday by L1U2C3I4F5E6R]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Doesn't your signature indicate that you, yourself, believe in a God of a type?

A Luciferian would denote one who praises Lucifer as his personal God. And Luciferainism would be construed as a type of religion.

[edit on 8/16/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
...says the guy who calls himself Luciferian...

Is that not a religion? Do you not have a shared set of beliefs, such as that religion is bad and you believe theres no such thing as God? Also you have a name for your sect? Plus you're proselityzing your beliefs to us, which is no different than the Jehovahs who come to my door and send me pamphlets...

And you dont believe in god but you believe the people who claim god told them to do it are talking to god, just that hes evil? Or am I missing something. Dont get me wrong, they're schizo or picking up CIA radio but you seem to be conflicted whether believing god exists but is bad or that he doesnt exist. I suggest trying agnosticism, its better for your health.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
People should believe what they want.

Just because you consider that there's no proof of anything, doesn't mean to say that someone hasn't come across ''proof'' on a personal level.

If someone wants to believe in a religious doctrine, then so what ?
If someone wants to disbelieve in a religious doctrine, then so what ?

Why are so many people caught up and obsessed with analysing, ridiculing or criticising what other people believe or disbelieve ?

When it comes down to the crunch, every single observation and opinion formed is a personal belief, why should anybody be concerned about another's personal belief ( provided they aren't harming anybody else ) ?

I agree that there's a double standard of people singling out a particular religion to criticise, rather than religion as a whole.

What I've noticed is that a lot of those on the ''left'' are intolerant and prejudiced towards Christianity, while hypocritically supporting and sticking up for any other minority faith.

And a lot of those on the ''right'' are intolerant and prejudiced towards Islam, while upholding the values of a very similar religion.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The fact that 1 in 3 UK tax funded schools is a faith school is very worrying to me, especially when they are teaching creationism in science class. I dont care what religion it is, in my opinion it is wrong, yet I do not see a change on the horizon, if anything I believe it will get worse.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The fact that 1 in 3 UK tax funded schools is a faith school is very worrying to me, especially when they are teaching creationism in science class. I dont care what religion it is, in my opinion it is wrong, yet I do not see a change on the horizon, if anything I believe it will get worse.

I thought they're not allowed to teach creationism ?

Interestingly, faith schools have a general reputation for better educational standards than a normal comprehensive.

There was a story not so long ago, where non-religious people were baptising their children purely so they could enrol them in a Roman Catholic school !

I agree that faith schools shouldn't be government funded.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Ok lets ignore your signature for a moment.

Lets also ignore the jumbled contradictory mess of the last few paRagraphs.

Have you ever been in a horrendous, ongoing hell like situation in your life?

No? Well then you have no ability to judge these people and their belief in God. Ive been there and as much as I wanted to end it, God was there. In fact its those times that the presence is too strong to deny. The whole good bad duality thing is a product of this existence and does not apply to the Creator because the Creator encompasses all.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Awesome thread title. I've just finished spouting my opinion on this very subject on another thread, a 'hate muslims' thread which seem to be prevalent on here at the moment.

Religion is just a power game and the sooner people wake up to that fact the higher the consciousness will be of the collective.

Is anyone else getting tired of this site inciting muslim-hatred? Are people tired of persecuting the jews? In England its 'hate the pakistanis", in the us its 'hate the muslims/ blacks/ mexicans/ rednecks/ native Indians" in Ireland its 'hate the catholics, or hate the protestants (take your pick)". In Aussie the system runs its program of 'hate the Aborigines" but Aussie is pretty much a mixed culture population now so it's not as prevalent as it once was. But you certainly don't hear of 'Aborigine-hate killings'.

It seems to very much depend on which country you live in in this world as to which group of humanity you will be conditioned to hate.

And just for a bit of generalization there's the 'HATE THE GAYS, and HATE THE JEWS" "HATE FAT PEOPLE" and hey while we're on the subject, 'JUST HATE EVERYONE FOR THE SAKE OF IT'.

System=10 Vs. Humanity=0 The system wins as long as people carry hatred in their hearts, the system wins. For god's sake when will people wake up to it all?

And the system wins every time because generally people are too dozey to think for themselves and to realize that the bottom line is, WE ARE ALL HUMAN (whoa new concept!!) and get this

BREAKING NEWS!!: WE ARE ALL MADE OF BLOOD, SKIN, AND BONES (in the physical) and no one religion or race is any better or worse than another!!! OH MY GOD, SHOCKING NEWS!! We are all made of ENERGY as any scientist that's not owned by the system will tell you.

In New Zealand here, people just accept the different cultures and the different peoples, we don't have to HATE ANYONE THAT'S DIFFERENT TO US, (wish the rest of the world would wake up).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a MIND-BLOWING CONCEPT: Why not try tolerance? As in TOLERANCE, even acceptance of others different to self? Why play along with the system and remain sucked-in to the whole concept of hatred??? hatred of others?

Here's a CHALLENGE: Why not, from this day forward (just for the rest of your lifetime) try that freaky old concept of ACCEPTANCE-TOLERANCE-LOVE?? Is it that hard and unfathomable? Is it beyond being possible?

Meditate/ ponder on this: ACCEPTANCE TOLERANCE LOVE

[edit on 16-8-2010 by kiwitina948]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

I went to a Strict Roman Catholic school and was taught creationism in Religious Studies Class and Evolution in the Science Classes, as did my Son (who attended the same school)

I was taught both aspect as they are, one based on a religious view under a religious banner and the other based on a Sciencific view under a scientific banner.

I think if one aspect is taught, so should all the other aspects.. how else can create a rounded person but by allowing them to find out which view they feel most comfortable holding (if any) IMHO just teaching one side risks creating a closed minded person.

Besides the positive aspect of some religious schools is that it puts you off religion for life

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
Ok lets ignore your signature for a moment.

Have you ever been in a horrendous, ongoing hell like situation in your life?

No? Well then you have no ability to judge these people and their belief in God. Ive been there and as much as I wanted to end it, God was there. In fact its those times that the presence is too strong to deny. The whole good bad duality thing is a product of this existence and does not apply to the Creator because the Creator encompasses all.

For a start, Its not a jumbled mess if you can actually read correctly and understand the overall point. Secondly, the mess you were "supposedly" in. What did god do? I bet you say he gave you strength or support in a time of need. Well if you believe he did that for you then why does he not do that for everyone. Where was the support for the 3000 victims of a religious attack. Where was their god? Gods will, i suppose you will say. I believe religion is a way for people to easy their way through life with some reassurance! This too me is wrong.

What about kids that are abused by adults or married off when under 12 and made to copulate with adults. Where is god then? Does he only help you? And as far as anyone who has studied the universe and its creation, ill go with the big bang.

And I DO NOT believe in a god. Not in the sense that you and others may. Some people, like certain Masons believe Lucifer is GOD. I again do NOT. I see Lucifer as more of a Deity. A supernaturla being to some degree. Maybe the first Alien to come to Earth. And I believe that to humans like when the Sumerians were around, these Aliens MAY of seemed like "GODS" to them in their flying craft and all that crap. I do support the notion that Lucifer is a real entity. I also believe that we have been visited by some other "Intelligent life form" and that Lucifer "the bearer of light" could of been that Life form. I am a Luciferian in the sense that I support hte notion of Lucifer.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It's funny. Because you have no reason to believe in God you assume other people do not have reason to. Obviously people who believe in God have reasons why they do, just like you have reasons for believing in Lucifer.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I'm beginning to think the only real "religion" is "Ancestor worship"
Edgar Cayce in his trance readings described the ruling class in "AtlANtis as the "Sons of Belial" whose typical descendants are the true Luciferians who wished to enslave mankind, and the "Sons of the Law of One" which are the Path of Peace/ Spiritual ascendance of man types.
Edgar Cayce had the best documented track record of anyone...

Interacting with ancestors and the spirits of the dead and dead things. seems to be common to both camps.
I think what passes for religion these days is designed purposefully to prevent true spirituality in the interests of manipulation.
The surest way to control the opposition is to be the opposition.
"By their fruit you will recognize them".-Matthew 7:16
I mean come on look at the fruit...
65 million people were killed by Christians in the two world wars...
Holy?....holy hell...
the Dalai Lama is a "feudal lord"- a luciferian form of government, his claim to fame being that he remembers past lives...which is what I mentioned above...Interaction with ancestors...
The Muslims are there to fight with the Christians, and to oppose the Luciferian bankers but the extremists seem to be controlled by Zionists and Zionist converts like Shabbatai Zvi...like the Zionistdual passport types around the POTUS...( the community organizer)
The Jews are totally sheepherded by Zionist bankers. Who funded Hitler.
Like Prescott Bush. of the British queen's family. europeandynasties.com...
The Atheists like the Communist Bolsheviks in Russia...guess who funded that little mess...
The Luciferian Bankers.

manipulate much?

The Kabbalist, Talmudist, Luciferian, Zionists seem to have infiltrated everyone's operations in order to bend them to their ends...
cause they want to take over the worldly world.

The ancestor worship thing is practiced by half the worlds population especially China and the surrounds, and absolutely has to be stomped out like Gnosticism was by the imperialist Christians operating under control of the Luciferian Babylonian bankers.
Which is why Chinese Communism was funded there by the Luciferian Bankers.

point being:
the Zionist Luciferian bankers control the majority of the religious and political organizations around the world. True personal enlightenment is an anathema to them...which explains the Tactics they use when ever anyone questions their Fictions or presents any real facts.

The True ascendance of man types inspire individuals to become enlightened.
Carlos Castaneda's Don Juan would be one of the most famous examples of this type of spirituality, or Creedo Mutwa the Zulu Shaman.

I mean if there was an all powerful being he would not be able to communicate with everyone him self...?
He would need a church a religion?
he would want to kill all the beings he worked so hard to create?
oooooK, think about that for a second...

Also, what's with all these secret societies....?
they exist to instruct for both camps...

Me, I have has some interactions with my ancestors, so I know that is a real thing.
Part of that interaction was being left with the question:
If the religions couldn't explain such a major thing, how much truth could they actually contain?
Then of course, I have to spend the rest of my life trying to understand the truth because they picked on someone who in the immortal words of Daffy Duck,
"I just hates not knowing what it is"

all totally IMHO of course

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
How do you plan to "stand against RELIGION", exactly? Just curious, because i already imagine anti-religious crusades, book burning, religious buildings turned into warehouses, martyrs and ctr.
All for a good cause, of course...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwitina948

Not saying what you put up there is wrong but there are a gazillion reasons why people fail to be tolerant. How can you be tolerant in the face of an invading group with an agenda to destroy your culture and way of life? I donT know how is it in Newzealand but I for one would not live in a muslim country where I'd be bombarded with their noise for calls to prayer.

It has been debated many times that muslims in their hearts secretly habours a wish to overrun other cultures. This seems not far fetched as I have evidence that the Saudis only fund islamic expansion in other countries.

I completely agree with the op that religion is pure insanity. I have a muslim friend in Scotland who has been battered by Islam but you can never convince him to dump the religion. On one occasion his "devoted" muslim father-in-laws tricked him to go back to India to do a religious ritual which takes months to accomplish. He claimed the ritual was capable of saving the troubled marriage of his daughter. While he was away, the wife and father-in-law who is a millionare instsituted and got a divorce.

I have long stop asking why people become religious. The question now is: what forces are influencing people to be religious? Is being religious genetic? I'm happy the op answered the part of why he is Luciferian.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I cannot thank your enough for your first sentence in your post. Just last week, I wrote in another thread that Shamanism which is another word for ancestor worship, as the real thing. This makes alot of sense since people developed this practice without recourse to a "holy" book. The funny thing now is that you a have a book which no one could correctly translate. I hope people would stop being childish in believing fairy tales.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by L1U2C3I4F5E6R

Having experienced God as He works in our lives as adults is really awesome. When it comes to faith, well, reliable responsible people have told me that Brazil exists. I've never been there, never seen it, but these reliable sources have said it's there and I am pretty sure it's there. I believe it based on what others have said.

Look at anything, a leaf, a flower and animal and tell me that it was not designed! Man cannot create anything but by putting together parts of other things.

Don't worry about other religions, they have all made mistakes, but the faith lives on. God is a living God not some far away person in some clouds. He wants you to love Him and know Him, and to someday return to Him.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I am a believer and cannot see your light. I see you have eliminated your sig. in reference to your beliefs, but You are still representing a form of religious belief.. Many may not acknowledge GOD is real because they are too clouded with all the bs in everyday life to see or want to see. Me personally GOD shows me, not proves but shows me he cares for me and that he is there. Its not like heaing voices or getting blessed with majikal amounts of money. He shows me in the ways that he strengthens me with my obsticals and hurdles in life. I dont ask him for money for money is a life tool that I must obtain. I do ask for the protection of my family and all I love and that he bless us with good health and for those unhealthy that he makes them strong enough to overcome thier illnesses. To many feel GOD has to prove to them something and yet do not see or hear his responses, which causes disbelief in the creator. Over time I wondered are some to influence nonbelievers into comming to the LIGHT and from my various experiences with people they must possess the will to want to change...

In my younger days I lived in the poor neighborhoods the PROJECTS (ST.Clair Village Pgh, Pa to be exact) and yes it was hard not to fall victim to the many negative options that surrounded me -I still remember seeing those needles everywhere why we as children played and wondered what they were there for, never forgets those, but somehow amongst many friends who have died became addicts or went to prison GOD has kept me strong (he installed within me independence) which helped me not to be a follower of the COOL CROWD, smh MADE ME WALK MY OWN PATH, his power is real..
And I can remember my best friend from back in those days his family lived next door to me yea in the jects you live right next door to your neighboors. Anyway this friend his family had it a little harder and I noticed very young, to the point at single digit ages I was helping him learn how to read because his parents were caught up in project life on the negative side at that time in our lives. Anyway this friend became my best friend had much compassion for his situation even though mine was also just as bad I just had MOM and a Father figure there to keep me in line as best that they could. But my friend I remember when we ewere young felt GOD was not real and I could understand his views because he was not seeing the better side of life just the evil side, sad. Over the years me and my friend always discussed GOD and as we got older he became more deeper into the belief system that there was no GOD. I tried my best to show him there was but he could not see. And eventually over time he had did most of his juvi. time in juvi. jails and then to adult jails IN AND OUT never seeing the LIGHT NEVER. Once we became adults I began to follow my own PATH why he continued to follow a path that many of our peers also caught up in the negative side of life followed. SAD to say he eventually got even worst over the years and I watched it first hand. I still as an adult tried to share the LIGHT not that I was or am the perfect being for I have my inperfect ways as well but aleast I was trying to see the LIGHT and share it. He couldnt see it and eventually ended up doing 25yrs in prison for murder yea ish is mentally bad when you NEED GOD AND DONT SEE IT AND MANY OF THE POOR NEED GOD-NEED!- I have lost contact with him why he bidden it out but when he first got in trouble I remember him SAYING THINGS IN REFERENCE TO GOD(PRAYING), LIKE DAG MAN NOW YOU NEED HIM WHEN YOU GET IN A BAD SITUATION THAT YOU CAUSED WHY DIDNT YOU NEED HIM THEN.

I guess to sum it up GOD is real and is there for those who need him and except him REGUARDLESS OF YOUR RELIGIOUS BACKGROUNG-Christian-Muslim-Jewish-Buddist-. Those who deny him only distance themselves from the PROTECTION THAT HE OFFERS and become deeper in the darkness making it harder to navigate thru life....

This is why I believe in the many say is invisible...

[edit on 8/16/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Why do you need proof of the existence of God?

I dont follow any organized religion, infact I often joke that I follow the Church Davidism (David being my name LOL)

I think some people have too much hate towards Organized Religion. Sure it has caused MANY, (i cant stress that word enough) problems, but it also help (in my opinion) build up our world.

I dont think it has a place in my life, but Others might still need the blanket of comfort that Religion can provide to some.

Now if we can just get rid of ignorance that seems to go hand in hand with Organized Religion.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I believe all religions are based on the traditions of men. That is their inherent problem. I believe the only way to combat religion is with spirituality. Any one can be spiritual. one does not have to belong to an organized religion to be spiritual. The Bible warns about following the traditions of men,
Col 2:8 Watch that there not be one robbing you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the elements of the world, and not according to Christ.
All religions are full of false teachers, the world follows blindly after them. Spirituality is the best defense against religion. I have a friend who sees things the same way I do, and we have been waging a spiritual battle against religion. We've actually had some small success in changing people's minds in our community. people like listening to my friend because he's a great orator. We Mohawks are known for being great orators. Spirituality that's the answer.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
I believe all religions are based on the traditions of men. That is their inherent problem. I believe the only way to combat religion is with spirituality. Any one can be spiritual. one does not have to belong to an organized religion to be spiritual. The Bible warns about following the traditions of men,
Col 2:8 Watch that there not be one robbing you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the elements of the world, and not according to Christ.
All religions are full of false teachers, the world follows blindly after them. Spirituality is the best defense against religion. I have a friend who sees things the same way I do, and we have been waging a spiritual battle against religion. We've actually had some small success in changing people's minds in our community. people like listening to my friend because he's a great orator. We Mohawks are known for being great orators. Spirituality that's the answer.

You said it right, sprituality is the way to go. That is what was there before man invented religion. I can tell from my own experience that religion is an evil movement. I know alot of devote christians who claim they are next to God but are fully anchored on sin as they define it. Some of them who are pastors come to seek asylum under false pretence but on sundays they go to preach in front of people. Man the hypocrisy is unbearable. I hardly can stand these people. I have come to know that religious people seem to be the most evil of humans.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join