It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endeavour Crater MOC Images revisited and reposted - I know in my gut this is a structure!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

They work both ways though, you need to remember that

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

And, although Havick007 doesn't like the photo, here is a close-up of that area from the HiRISE photo.

(click for full size)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

It's pareidolia, not paradoila.

reply to post by Havick007

No, it doesn't work both ways.

Not recognising familiar objects is a different psychological phenomenon, like visual agnosia, the problem of the man who mistook his wife for a hat.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ok so the name might be different but it does work both ways, in certain situations and depending on image quality, someone looking for or preconcieving a natural object will see that, even if the object is not natural. If an object / structure is old enough it can look very close to being natural...

oh and leave the other blogger alone... spelling isnt everyones strong suit, i too am guily of not proof reading my own post's
i think you knew what he/she meant... the first spelling error i pick up on ur post i'll be right there
jk

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Havick007]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

It has a different name because it's a different thing.

And please correct any error you see in my posts, one of the reasons I decided to join ATS was to practise writing in English, something I never do outside ATS.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I guess we'll find out when we get some color photos?

It just looks like landforms to me, like those craters on the moon people like to call buidlings.

If ETs were around *i believe they are* they would be able to cloak themselves somehow.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

I guess you missed this one.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by 8fl0z

Hmm, well the quality sucks.

If there were structures, the shapes would be easily discernable, yet i cant see anything but some small hills and mountains.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by 8fl0z

Hmm, well the quality sucks.

If there were structures, the shapes would be easily discernable, yet i cant see anything but some small hills and mountains.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Don't suppose there are any color images like this for the Zeeman Crater on zee Moon you could find?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Is it IRB or RGB color?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Yes, it has too much noise, but at 50 cm per pixel (that image is a 50% zoom) that image, as we see it on ATS, a 600x538 pixels image, shows a 300 by 269 metres area, so those are not mountains.

To help you (and everybody else) to get an idea of its size, here is a park some 150 metres from where I live, at the same scale.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c11d9bd936e8b7ea.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/6ec2317ff29315ce.png[/atsimg]

It's RGB

[edit on 22/8/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Well I thought it was pretty self explanatory, I have taken 2 images. 1 Showing a "structure" and the other showing a hilltop, so to speak.

I have used the "structure" as the base, and overlayed the hilltop, I have then adusted the hilltop in size to match the structure PERFECTLY, as well as the hilltop taking on the shape and apearance of the "structure" all of the surrounding objects/ detail match perfectly. This CONFIRMS both images are of the same area, Given the hirise image is much higher resolution and you can get a much clearer view of the area this further confirms no structure.

You can easily take the entire initial image and overlay it onto the entire hirise image and ALL of it will match, this means the intial image proportion are not accurate, its literally the ONLY thing it can be as both images are of the exact same area, if one image doesnt match the other, the common sense and correct thing to do in this instance is go with the higher resolution image as it offers more detail, also the fact the higher res image can be adjusted to MATCH the lower res image again further proves the image proportion as not correct. (possibly on both, definetly on the first image you posted that has the structure)

I admire your enthusiasm on finding anomaly on mars, I find Mars very interesting and when I look at mars , something always feels "off" about it, it reminds me of when you look at ancient ruins, huge structures that have just crumbled over the millenia. however once you have something and it has been proven that it is not an anomaly/ structure your doing yourself a great injustice by standing by it regardless, the facts are there is no structure, you'd be much better off putting that energy into finding more anomalys / possible structures.

Im pretty sure there is something out there to find on the surface of mars, but this is not it.

Hope that clears things up,

Cheers,

S3ns1bl3

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Honestly, i dont see any structures here...like i said earlier, if ET's were there, they would be able to cloak themselves so effectively, we would simply dismiss the photo, but what is there to see here, im still on seeing mountains.

Are there any credible sources to explain this subject?

edit: im gonna call them mountains, because they dont look like hills

[edit on 22-8-2010 by 8fl0z]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

I wouldn't call them hills either, they are too small for that.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

True...could you maybe outline the supposed structures so that i could see?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Havick007 posted the images on the opening post, the sixth and eighth images.

Unlike Havick007, I see them as natural structures.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

I never said it was modern structure, it could be really old

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I don´t see any structure in these pictures.
Btw, i´ve never seen them in any "space" pictures, but one from the Moon.

But it is too weak to be a proof for anything.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
In my opinion, the only really convincing evidence for intelligent life on Mars...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/ats21223_marx.jpg[/atsimg]

(image is colorized)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join