It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endeavour Crater MOC Images revisited and reposted - I know in my gut this is a structure!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I didnt see what i wanted, i have looked at Mars images for literally almost 100 hours

What were you looking for?

IRM

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I think serbsta makes a valid point. As humans, we tend to see what we want in imageS

Here's some examples:

Bunny?
www.pals.iastate.edu...

There is no denying that it looks like a bunny

Pig?
inlinethumb49.webshots.com...

Definitely a pig in this picture

Woman?
www.pedroamoros.com...

Yep I am seeing a women

Virgin Mary?
www.ghosteyes.com...

Nope afraid not , no virgin mary for me in this one all I am seeing is brnt toast.

Evil Face?
www.paranormalfieldinvestigators.com...

Yep definitely a face although I don't know about evil. We are associating evil with this picture because of the circumstances surrounding it i.e corrupt governments killing masses in order to start an illegal war.

We are pattern recognition machines amongst many other things and we tend to be predisposed to making sense from chaos.

I wonder if you would still hold the same scientific beliefs after a dose of N,N-Dimethyltryptamine ('___')could it be that there are multiple overlays of multiple consciousness that also play a part in the way we perceive life? for example perhaps the bunny, pig,women,face and buildings are meant to be seem are meant to be recognised in our mind for a specific purpose?

[edit on 16-8-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Sure you're seeing something that resembles such constructs, but is it actually a rabbit, or a pig etc?

What I'm saying is that even though you see something that may loosely resemble something you know, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is that particular thing. Without going into discussions about the merits of mind altering substances (which I personally find very interesting) can you agree with what I'm suggesting above?

IRM

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Anything out of the ordinary, i am happy to admit that. However your rgument is that because i was looking for something i found it, well yes and no. In this case yes i think i have found something, but just because i was looking for something does not mean that i found in every single Mars image i looked at, if anything i have seldom found anything but natural formations. Howver in this case i do beleive i have found something of great interest, and as per the comments so far so do other members.

How do you explain that? If i am seeing what i want in an image... so called paradoilia, then why do others see it? Not just me?? I never actually stated or desribed what it was, yes i said structure and made some outlines but many people of many different backgrounds and beleifs make their own conclusion. You are predetermined to beleive Mars is a dead vacant rock/planet so then how does that differentiate us? You are looking for natural formations and that is what you will see going by your logic

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Towards the end of my last thread relating to this topic, someone posted supposed Hirise pics of that area which after hours of searching for i could not find before that post and since then Google Earth has not updated the Hirise pics for that area and a quick search for Endeavour Crater on the Hirise site will result in 900+ pages of junk that do not relate to Endeavour Crater!!

That "someone" also posted how he found the "supposed" HiRISE photos.

Originally posted by ArMaP

where on earth did you find a hirise image of the area, i have looked high and low for one, i searched the hirise site for endeavour crater pics and there were none last week.
How did you manage to find it.
Here, although I haven't used that search feature to find the photo, I used this site, very useful to see if there are photos from those missions of any place on Mars.

Here are the images I posted on the original thread.

This is the same at more or less the same resolution (12.5% zoom).
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/ec06a2f6278cd54f.png[/atsimg]

At 25% zoom.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/87bd62970029e440.png[/atsimg]

At 50% zoom (60 cm per pixel).
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/06d5295dcf27b2b0.png[/atsimg]

Do you see it now?

Edit: And also a false colour version.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/6ec2317ff29315ce.png[/atsimg]

This time, to make it even easier (although I should have done that on your original thread), here is the direct link to that "supposed" HiRISE image.

I hope you believe that "someone" this time.

PS: when doing searches it's better to omit common words like "crater" and search by the most specific word, in this case "endeavour".

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I agree with you!! It's nice to see another person who feels this way. Usually I get told I am nuts or watch too much sci-fi

OP I was messing around with your pics on my flickr account, my PS won't open

I messed with the colors and inverted it and used two tone a few different times with different colors. Here is what I got. It does look like some sort of unnatural structure imo. The left side is the most interesting part.

This is a link to my flickr account with the pic. I cant get it to embed on here.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/myheartbelongstoasailor/4897615066/]mars by sailorsgirl

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Nice.. it look interesting

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ahh yes the Hirise images...hmmm Thanks Armap. Yes i rememeber these quite well. I still stand by my original statements that i searched long and very very hard before my original post and there were no hirise images to be found of this area. Still almost 6 months later and Google Mars no matter how upto date still does not display the Hirise pics, a search of the Hirise website will not display a direct hit for these images yes it will show 900 pages of unrelated areas???

I am still at a miss to understand how you came across these images after i tries for hours and hours via JPL / NASA, Google and other search engines. There were no avaiable images of Endeavour Crater, yet you were able to find these images with relative ease.... i am no newby to the interent or utilising search engines and relevant webites.

To be blunt i dont trust the validity of the images you posted, and to be honest the images dont even bare a resemblence to the ones i posted, higher res or not. All i see on urs is more blur than detail

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You almost killed my drive lastime.... not anymore. I am open to debate but i tried soooo hard to find hirise images before my original post. I know how much better Hirise is.. but i could not after over an hour of constant searching there was nothing, page after page of serach there was nothing.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Yes I know this term but I don't think that is what he was getting at. If it was he could have mentioned it and linked to it. This is the reason I don't post the pics I have and what I think. People can try and debunk things but a post like that is to poke fun in a sarcastic manner. If it wasn't then well shoot me

I just dont think comments like that are necessary it brings nothing to the thread.

I look at pics all the time and most of the time I don't see what others see. I have a few pics that I think are interesting, one in particular but I won't post it on here.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Exactly

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

i have looked at Mars images for literally almost 100 hours,

Then drew some random lines and claimed it was a building, simply because you so much wanted to see a building.

I see nothing but random lines

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

ok well look at the pics that dont have ms paint mods....hmm duuh. If you cant see it then you must be suffering from paradoilia, yuo are seeing random formations when they are anything but random... Paradoilia works both ways!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I still stand by my original statements that i searched long and very very hard before my original post and there were no hirise images to be found of this area.

The fact that you could not find them doesn't mean that they weren't there.

The fact that I could find means that they were (and still are) there.

Still almost 6 months later and Google Mars no matter how upto date still does not display the Hirise pics, a search of the Hirise website will not display a direct hit for these images yes it will show 900 pages of unrelated areas???

I don't use Google for that, it's worthless, after the initial announcement it looks like they thought it was too much work to keep it updated and stopped.

As for the search on HiRISE site, just search for "Endeavour", like I did.
Or just click here.

i am no newby to the interent or utilising search engines and relevant webites.

That is one of the problems Google created, people think that they know how to make searches because Google fakes the results and gives too many results, knowing that people think that many results mean a good search.

Most search engines use the Google engine, that, when using more than one word, use any of those words, so a search for endeavour crater will search for all pages that have the word "endeavour" or the word "crater", giving many useless results.

If you use endeavour +crater the search engine will search for all pages that have the word "endeavour" and the word "crater".

To be blunt i dont trust the validity of the images you posted, and to be honest the images dont even bare a resemblence to the ones i posted, higher res or not. All i see on urs is more blur than detail

As I said on your original thread, four months ago, they do look the same, it's only a difference in perspective.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

hmm oh come on... that was far from an attack. You know that and you know that i would not resort to such tactics. I was just querying your tagline and wondering what your objective here on ATS is exactly??

I have been attacked many times for being some paranoid conspiracy nut or having paradoilia ( a mental dissorder ) although very minor still one in the same. I wasnt attacking anyone, if you have negative or do not believe my post is worth anything then why are you here? what is your purpose. I believe so strongly on this one post...you have no idea!!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

wew wew wew... hang on, i have been on the Hirise site many times, i searched Endeavour crater, then just endeavour and got nothing but 900+ pages of results.

The first 5 had nothing that at all related to the area. I went passed google and did what you say and found nothing that related to the pics you posted at all!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Those really do appear to be hard geometric lines.
The odds of these forming naturally near each other are about a gazillion to one.
Great find!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
What I'm saying is that even though you see something that may loosely resemble something you know, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is that particular thing. Without going into discussions about the merits of mind altering substances (which I personally find very interesting) can you agree with what I'm suggesting above?

IRM

Yes of course I can, I would have hoped that you would know me by now IRM. I agree wholeheartedly. But you know me I am a very deep spiritual person who finds it impossible to see things as black and white as we are told they are. I wish the talk of mind altering drugs was permitted on this site as they incorporate alot of discussion in regards to psychology and neurology and these are 2 topics that I am especially keen in and have researched in great detail.

I am hoping as we progress over the years the use of certain mind altering drugs will be seen in a different light (pun intended) and will actually benefit the whole of mankind.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by franspeakfree]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join