It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Link to Zodiac Killer and BC, Canada Serial Killer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by melody_leigh

Originally posted by Nventual
If you haven't done so already, read this link that digs a bit into the zodiac's personal side.
zodiac criminal profiling

If HL is the zodiac, and the profiling done on the zodiac was correct, then you should be able to link HL to these characteristics.

It appeared that the killer had some degree of training in explosive devices, cryptography, chemistry, and guns. He was also a fan of astrology, popular movies, and the musicals of Gilbert and Sullivan. His letters usually had a taunting quality, as did his phone calls.

Besides Zodiac, the letters were also signed as "a friend," "a citizen," "Z," and "Red Phantom."

he gave the impression of being an uneducated man: misspelling common words and using poor grammar. Yet it was clear that he was well-read and did research.

Do any of these link up?

I will check out that link. I can say that Henning is a very intelligent man, known to some as being "Brillaint", and he often proclaimed what a genius he was. Just out of the blue he would get this wild look in his eyes and say, "I'm a genius you know, yeah I'm a genius!"

He was very well read, and had a background in many different subjects including, Latin, Math, Science, Greek Mythology..... I cannot say if he were a fan of Astrology. He was a fan of classical music and he seemed to be versed on opera as he took me to Aida about 20 years ago here in Vancouver and he laughed at what a joke it was.... explaining what a real opera was. As for being an expert with guns, his father was a gunnery officer in WWII Germany, so I could see that being so.

Wow that is weird, I just followed your link to the profile on the Zodiac and Henning matches that pretty much bang on. As I stated in some of my previous posts about him being highly intelligent, calculating, his father being a gunnery officer in the navy, he himself worked for Department of Defence in Canada, he thought himself superior to othere, laughing at them and then setting me straight on how things really were, taking joy in causing squabbles amongst us lady friends he have and sit back chuckling, he found it funny to go to the gas station and ask for the oil to be checked on his skoda, but the engine is in the back and people wouldn't know that and he would laugh when they essentiall opened the trunk that was in the front. He thought himself to be an authority on medicine and was alway diagnosing me and mad if I didn't listen to him. Duping people was how he lived his whole life, creating this false persona about himself.... like signing the petition in January of 2006 about keeping criminals in jail when really he is a criminal.... I at least know for certain what he did to my child.

Oh yes and when his mother died, his face turned beet red and he said, "GOOD, STUPID F*****G C**T, I HOPE SHE ROTS IN HELL!!!!!!" It was an amazingly wild reaction to his mother dying and I was present when he got the news.

Also regarding the reference on the link to Taurus and his birthday being close..... he was born May 25, 1935 within days of the Taurus sign which ends on May 21st.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
reply to post by melody_leigh

Norse is the Norwegian peoples and relatives, they sometimes group us in with Germanic because the modern day tongues are related. Norwegian, Danish, German, etc all developed at the same time and all influenced by Latin. The Teutons and such though did not speak Old Norse.

However, interesting enough the Nazis believed Norway was ancient Atlantis and they were all descended from it, such is why Hitler used so much Norse mythology and symbolism during his reign. Hitler assumed Norway would greet them as liberators, as they say. Because of similar roots.

Its funny, I go up near 100 Mile a few times every year with people and none of us have ever heard of this (highway of tears), but then again a lot of small remote towns often have much higher murder/rape rates, its not too surprising. You should send your letters to the RCMP not FBI.

reply to post by Nventual

I can almost imagine that he witnessed a terrible event where he felt like he had to save women from their boyfriends, or like you said perhaps he had a jealousy where he never got attention from women... but I remember one of his letters he said 'getting your rocks off with a girl' so maybe not?

Also, its possible he is very intelligent but spells bad because Germans his native tongue.

I don't believe Zodiac was a bad speller, it was to throw people off to make it look like he was someone who was uneducated and couldn't spell. That is totally in keeping with my other descriptions about Henning creating this false impression about himself.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The show I watched said that the San Francisco PD still had an active Zodiac unit. They would be separate from the FBI. Have you contacted them with this information?

BTW I do apologize for my cynical comments earlier. On these forums it's not uncommon for people to post self promotional materials filled with outlandish claims or hyperbole and then to disappear into the ether. A recent join date is always a red flag in regard to this.

After reading your story I do want to say that I have strong sympathy for what you and your family seem to have gone through.

No worries, that is to be expected. Thank you for your well wishes. When someone does the kinds of things he did to my child, and the child describes murder scendes and draws bizarre pictures depicting that you start to question eveything you knew about the guy.... it has haunted me for years, always believing he was responsible for dozens of missing Vancouver, Eastside women, and Hwy of Tears..... then when I saw his handwriting was the same as the letter in the Zodiac movie, and realizing timelines matched.... and other weird stuff I found, I realized, that it could be possible.... like who is this guy really, and why is everything about him a lie???

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenny71

The Zodiac case captured America. It was a god send when he went inactive becuase we couldnt catch him. I am not saying that their isnt a connection between the Zodiac and the Canadien version but when the trail goes cold it is up to the police and FBI to focus on criminals they can actually catch. I actually had to study serial killers for my specific degree and they facinate me to no end. It was always a dream of mine to re-open a case and solve it. Go to amazon.com and buy The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers. It list all the caught and un-catchables. A lot more serial killers out their than the public thinks. Star and Flag by the way. Really enjoyed reading your thread.

I got your PM, but the system will not allow me to send an email until I have 20 posts..... you can send me a message through the message board at www.unsolvedcanada.ca... and then I can reply to you. Just look for my user name it is the same there, and the title of my main post is, "HE DROVE A VAN WITH CHAINS HANGING FROM THE CELING!"

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
It would be hard to counter-sue if he didn't actually do anything wrong, though.
Even the FBI thought they were close to the real killer but they weren't - they were doing the same thing as you, finding coincidences and connections. Just because it quacks and writes like a duck doesn't mean it is a duck.

The zodiac left a large footprint at the scene of one of his murders and also wrote on the door of a car in black felt pen. Check your U2U as well.

Out of curiosity, how did you get his e-mail? Do you still stay in contact with him at all? How old is he now?

edit: what letter did you decode his name from? do you have a link to it? I'd like to compare your decoded message to the rest of it.
[edit on 16/8/10 by Nventual]

[edit on 16/8/10 by Nventual]

Well he did indeed hurt my child, and the police dismissed the case before I got the psychiatric report from Children's Hospital which states, "Likely Sexual Abuse." In civil matters you only have to prove that it is more likely than not, and I can prove that. Also my child is 19 now not 8 and thus more credible.

The email was his email address he had back when I knew him. I don't know if it is the same still. I have not seen him in over 10 years since reporting my child's abuse. Henning is 75 years old now, born May 25, 1935. I will post the original letter with the ciper to photobucket. I have also posted on photobucked my interpretation of the code, which did not show up here when I cut and paste it because it had symbols in it.

As for the finger print I have found eyewitness testimony from Bryan Hartnell who survived Zodiac stating the man was 6ft tall, 200 lbs, stalky and size 10 1/2 shoe which also describes Henning.

I cannot say Henning is Zodiac that may be way out there, but there definitly are some pretty compelling conincidences to examine and that is why I am posting to get the word out. It would be very easy for the police to clarify one way or the other as they do have a living witness who claims he will never forget Zodiac's face, they have a partal print, and partial DNA. Hennings prints are on file, so if someone just did a simple check, it would give them enough I am sure to figure out whether they should dig deeper on him. Also there should be record of Henning's handwriting in archives on old immigration records, drivers exam..... Not to mention just asking the living witness if he recognizes the photo of him.

Did you see the side by side photo against the composite of the Zodiac Killer when you draw a beard on the composite? It is identical. WEIRD.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity....how many "coincidences" are you going to wait for before you actually get some type of "authority" involved....Seems to me (by what I've read and the information you've presented) that this guy seems to be VERY fishy.....

So when to you send the dogs onto his trail?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElijahWan
Just out of curiosity....how many "coincidences" are you going to wait for before you actually get some type of "authority" involved....Seems to me (by what I've read and the information you've presented) that this guy seems to be VERY fishy.....

So when to you send the dogs onto his trail?

I have tried to get the authorities involved. I sent a letter to the FBI in January, but 4 months later I got a "Not Read", receipt, so that means they deleted my letter without even reading it. That was very frustrating for me. I have also recently submitted a letter and the side by side photos of Henning and Zodiac to the Surrey RCMP Detachment, and two media sources.

I still need to follow through on the link here for the Vallejo Police Department, but I am just trying to figure how to best summarize this so they don't go, "Oh God what is this #!", when they get it.

DOES ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO SUMMARIZE THIS TO GET THE BEST RESULTS FROM THE POLICE????? I don't want this to be brushed off, and if I say too much to start it may be overwhelming and too confusing.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ted Kaczynski the UNAbomber was thought by some to be the zodiac killer due to his use of coded writing. The Kama Sutra lists the ability to use secret writing as a romantic engagement, so writing in codes per se is not a danger signal.

Actually from a psychological profile standpoint the young Craigslist killer is a better match. Stalked his female victim over the internet then after a "sexual release" encounter he kills her in the same bed.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
Ted Kaczynski the UNAbomber was thought by some to be the zodiac killer due to his use of coded writing. The Kama Sutra lists the ability to use secret writing as a romantic engagement, so writing in codes per se is not a danger signal.

Actually from a psychological profile standpoint the young Craigslist killer is a better match. Stalked his female victim over the internet then after a "sexual release" encounter he kills her in the same bed.

I watched a documentary on the CL Killer, and he was actually VERY sloppy. He was not organized at all, and the first girl he killed was a girl whom he tried to rob and she fought back and so he shot her....

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
INTERPRETATION OF CIPHER WITH HENNING'S NAME:

Perhpas people dig too deep into how complex these ciphers really are... I have heard about all kind of mathmetics being applied to cracking these codes, computers....

I don't know if I cracked his name using a simple form of just breaking out consonants and vowels, and then I just looked at commonalities and how just simple manipulation of the letters could form a different letter.

For example "A", if you put the middlie line vertical, and the other two side lines on the top and bottom it makes and "I"

"E" if you take away the top line and the middle line you have an "L"

"N" if you turn it sideways and straighten out the side, move the other line at the top of that line down to where you put the line on a "G", and you have a "G"

Crosshair symbol looks like a scope, and may stand for "S" which is also the last name in Lagies, as I suggest as being the Zodiac's last name, and thus this symbol would be attributed to the last letter in his name as his signature.

There are three symbols that are the same thing right side up as they are upside down, just like in the letter "N"

"K", if you put the bottom line parrelel to the first line in the K, and put the other line down inbetween the two parallel lines it makes an "H"

"M" if you turn it on it's side resembles and "E"

The symbol that looks sort of like a two sided hook (or even a kity smile), if you widen it out resembles an "A".

So now we have identified each symbol in the cipher, some are duplicated, so we can see all the letters that we have to work with are:

I, L, G, S, N, H, N, E, N, A, G, I, E in the same order as in the cipher.

If we organize this according to the person's name I suspect and who matches the profile, side by side photo to composite, and a lot more....

We have the name HENNING LAGIES

See the actual letter from Zodiac, and much more details at s1033.photobucket.com...

I need help with this. This may just be conincidental, but this guy is a eveil man who terribly abused and tortured my child and may responsible for killings in Canada, British Columbia for the past 40 years since Zodiac disappeared from the United States.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Do you think you can still find the address of this very sadistic man?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I am so very sorry for what happened to your daugher and yourself. You seem determined in your quest. I hope I didn't miss this in reading but where there ever any photos taken of this man alone, with you or your child. Also do you have anything at all with his writing? When did you last seem him? I suppose he would be in his late 60's now, do you think he is still killing. Is there anything specifc I can do to help you?

Afterthought - do you have anything that could have his DNA on it?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xlovegunx
Do you think you can still find the address of this very sadistic man?

He has lived in the same place for many years. A first floor apartment where he had a secret compartment underneath his bathroom floor. He used to tell me not to step on the floor in between the tub and the toilet because the wood was rotten and I would fall through. I used to ask him why he didn't get the landlord to fix it them, but he would just shrug it off...

He lives in Port Coquitlam, BC.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I am so very sorry for what happened to your daugher and yourself. You seem determined in your quest. I hope I didn't miss this in reading but where there ever any photos taken of this man alone, with you or your child. Also do you have anything at all with his writing? When did you last seem him? I suppose he would be in his late 60's now, do you think he is still killing. Is there anything specifc I can do to help you?

Afterthought - do you have anything that could have his DNA on it?

I do have photos and I have posted a photo of him side by side the composite of the Zodiac Killer which i drew a beard on and looks exactly like Henning! There are handwriting samples and more there at

s1033.photobucket.com...

I don't know if I have anything with his DNA. I have things that he had, but I have handled over and over myself. The camera perhaps may still have some skin cells....., but it would be very distorted by now. It has been over 10 years since I saw him, so anything that I still have that he touched would be pretty distorted by now.

Henning is 75 years old right now, consistent with the age range of the Zodiac Killer. He was born in Germany May 25, 1935.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have read, I think, all you have posted about this, the other links etc.. I am kind of surprised this thread has died down. I really think you are on to something and have been very close to this monster. If he is the zodiac killer , I have no idea, but this guy is definitely a monster and needs to pay his dues.

Have you considered contacting any true crime authors? Im so sorry some of the names escape me at the moment, but Im guessing they might be able to get their foot in the door for you where you can't, and if you crack one of the biggest cases in our history, ie., "The Zodiac Killer," that would be a major bonus for you and them. Is it Ann Rule?, thats a big writer? Ugh, Im going to go look through my books as I am having a senior moment right now.

Anyhow, shouldn't be to hard to find a couple with a little research.

I also think this thread should be bumped. Stick to your guns, my friend, stick to your guns.

Oh yeah, I dont think I recall if you have tried any of the press? Crime press? Just some ideas and trying to help.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Thanks for your support yigsstarhouse. I think that maybe this is not getting a lot of hits right now because the stats for the link say that the last post was 5 days ago and that there are 3 authors. So it looks like there is no new information posted here when there indeed has been more details posted and more than 3 authors.

I also posted a key to my interpretation of the the Zodiac's, "My name is..." cipher, but it didn't update that anyone new had been in that link either.

I continue to find more interesting information, but I have to really piece it together properly before I post. It could all be coincidental, but then it could be relevant. Interesting none the less.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Author has started another thread here

Since this thread has gone inactive and the new thread is now garnering replies, this thread is now closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join