It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Link to Zodiac Killer and BC, Canada Serial Killer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
If you haven't done so already, read this link that digs a bit into the zodiac's personal side.
zodiac criminal profiling

If HL is the zodiac, and the profiling done on the zodiac was correct, then you should be able to link HL to these characteristics.

It appeared that the killer had some degree of training in explosive devices, cryptography, chemistry, and guns. He was also a fan of astrology, popular movies, and the musicals of Gilbert and Sullivan. His letters usually had a taunting quality, as did his phone calls.

Besides Zodiac, the letters were also signed as "a friend," "a citizen," "Z," and "Red Phantom."

he gave the impression of being an uneducated man: misspelling common words and using poor grammar. Yet it was clear that he was well-read and did research.

Do any of these link up?

I will check out that link. I can say that Henning is a very intelligent man, known to some as being "Brillaint", and he often proclaimed what a genius he was. Just out of the blue he would get this wild look in his eyes and say, "I'm a genius you know, yeah I'm a genius!"

He was very well read, and had a background in many different subjects including, Latin, Math, Science, Greek Mythology..... I cannot say if he were a fan of Astrology. He was a fan of classical music and he seemed to be versed on opera as he took me to Aida about 20 years ago here in Vancouver and he laughed at what a joke it was.... explaining what a real opera was. As for being an expert with guns, his father was a gunnery officer in WWII Germany, so I could see that being so.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
All very interesting points. You would think he would have been obviously interested in astrology though, especially since the event he saw in the field patterened a pentagram.

I got to go but I'll be back on later and will have a look around and see what I can find for you.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
These three links mention your ex-friend by name.

www.eclipse-chasers.com... is probably the one you mentioned earlier.

www.saintjohn.nbcc.nb.ca...

www.kornkreise.info... which I didn't get or read because I don't have Adobe Reader (long story).

I also notice the similiarity between your nick surname and his. Odd how females pick similiarly spelled surnames quite often.

This Zodiac fellow, same era as the Charles Manson group. Any ties there? I'm not familiar with the case but was in the same hills in California, the same night Sharon Tate was murdered so the years sort of grabbed me.

edit: I'm also curious as to your daughter. How old was she when she told you the stories? Did you and your daughter take it to the police or just to the child psychologist who dropped her case?

Oh, and get your bags packed! Even if this is a different guy, I bet you're in a LOAD of danger now!

And, take your case to the FBI in person, not by phone or email. Make SURE to bring your husband as they are notoriously sexist and will disregard a single female.

[edit on 16/8/2010 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

The link you couldn't follow is a synopsis of crop circles from '90 to '95.

I figured you'd be curious!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Strangely I watched a documentary about Zodiac just last night and one of the key points it made was that the Zodiac used three strokes to write the letter "K", which is highly uncommon.

That trait wasn't apparent in any of the non-Zodiac samples that I saw in your links.

*edit to get rid of sentence structure faux paus*

[edit on 8/16/10 by Hefficide]

Actually if you review many of the ciphers, some included on photobucket you can see how the K very closely resembles the pedophile letter posted at Vancouver, BC bustops in the 90's.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
There is absolutely no connection with the Manson Family and the Zodiac Killer.

OP, can you U2U me with information on the 100milehouse murders? - I couldn't find much just a couple of sites about missing girls from around the time the zodiac killings stopped but the MO is different since the girls were alone, not with a male partner. This could be due to an event in his life around the time the killings stopped where he possibly got into a relationship (my opinion, don't know if it's been mentioned) since the fact the boyfriends were killed suggests a form of jeolusy or anger related to relationships.

The zodiac killer would have probably been very open about any challenging event they conqured in life and would have bragged about it.

Check your U2U!/messages (button is at the top of the page)

Another thing is it's thought the handwriting was faked, probably selected invidividual letters from other peoples handwriting to create his own style.

[edit on 16/8/10 by Nventual]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

All very interesting points. You would think he would have been obviously interested in astrology though, especially since the event he saw in the field patterened a pentagram.

I got to go but I'll be back on later and will have a look around and see what I can find for you.

Perhaps he was, but Henning presents himself as being the opposite of who he really is in order throw people off his trail. For example making a scene in all the restaurants, and repeatedly proclaiming that he is a vegetarian, when my daughter describes him to eat meat and draws a picture of what appears to be a woman skinned from above the navel throughout the groin. I found reference to him on the internet sigining a petition to keep criminals in jail.... that type of thing, creating this persona that is totally different from who he really is.

Another interesting point is the letter from the Zodiac regarding the exorcist being the best satirical comedy he had ever seen. Well about 25 years ago I told Henning that the Exorcist was my favourite horror movie of all time and he laughed and referred to it as a comedy. He also once gave me a Christmas card that said, "Happy Christmass", and I said, "That is not how you spell Christmas, and you say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year."

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I would like it a lot if you could U2U me some of the links you've found of him on the internet. Also note that if you search his name some of your own forum posts come up, so as previously mentioned you may be in danger if he searches his own name - which he probably does. Don't reveal any information that could identify your location.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

OP, can you U2U me with information on the 100milehouse murders? - I couldn't find much just a couple of sites about missing girls from around the time the zodiac killings stopped but the MO is different since the girls were alone, not with a male partner. This could be due to an event in his life around the time the killings stopped where he possibly got into a relationship (my opinion, don't know if it's been mentioned) since the fact the boyfriends were killed suggests a form of jeolusy or anger related to relationships.

The zodiac killer would have probably been very open about any challenging event they conqured in life and would have bragged about it.

Another thing is it's thought the handwriting was faked, probably selected invidividual letters from other peoples handwriting to create his own style.

Actually the first murder was a lone female Cheri Jo Bates, and I found a letter on line that the Zodiac wrote describing the murder in great detail and it was extremely violent. He also talks about skinning her genitalia and displaying it to the world.

As for bragging yes, when Henning would brag about being a genius, he claimed how he wrote an IQ test at the University of Britsh Columbia which was designed in a way that no one would be able to finish it, and he claims that he finished it..... I heard that story over and over again. He also often laughed at other people and then put his own professional spin on what was really going on according to him. He is extremely intelligent.

Search Highway of Tears and you should come up with numerous stories on the subject. WWW.highwayoftears.ca

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I would like it a lot if you could U2U me some of the links you've found of him on the internet. Also note that if you search his name some of your own forum posts come up, so as previously mentioned you may be in danger if he searches his own name - which he probably does. Don't reveal any information that could identify your location.

I tried to send you a mail, but I am not allowed until I have 20 posts.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by melody_leigh

Norse is the Norwegian peoples and relatives, they sometimes group us in with Germanic because the modern day tongues are related. Norwegian, Danish, German, etc all developed at the same time and all influenced by Latin. The Teutons and such though did not speak Old Norse.

However, interesting enough the Nazis believed Norway was ancient Atlantis and they were all descended from it, such is why Hitler used so much Norse mythology and symbolism during his reign. Hitler assumed Norway would greet them as liberators, as they say. Because of similar roots.

Its funny, I go up near 100 Mile a few times every year with people and none of us have ever heard of this (highway of tears), but then again a lot of small remote towns often have much higher murder/rape rates, its not too surprising. You should send your letters to the RCMP not FBI.

reply to post by Nventual

I can almost imagine that he witnessed a terrible event where he felt like he had to save women from their boyfriends, or like you said perhaps he had a jealousy where he never got attention from women... but I remember one of his letters he said 'getting your rocks off with a girl' so maybe not?

Also, its possible he is very intelligent but spells bad because Germans his native tongue.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Was your suspect ever in the military, Navy perhaps? Did he wear a watch? There has been much speculation about his psychological profile but I haven't read much lately its such an old case.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
13 letters in Zodiac's name and 13 in your friend's name - check - though I wonder how many names don't have 13 letters compared to how many that do.

I see now that Leigh isn't your surname - rather it's the middle name of one of the suspects. Still, the name has similiar letters to your friend's name.

Zodiac (the UN-suspect with the Leigh in his name) allergic to stamp and envelope glue according to his accuser Don Cheney who passed away last December or so. Claimed it made him ill.

A Doctor who works at SFPD claims to have found Mr Potato head stamps on every zodiac marking.

And - TADA! I just HAPPEN to know that many of the US postage stamps in the 1960's had an adhesive made with POTATOES! They did away with the potato adhesive in later years because too many people were allergic to potatoes.

All coincidences perhaps, evenso, thought I'd mention the potato heads and adhesives made of potatoes.

This stuff is getting interesting! Hope you're safe though, that part isn't fun.

edit: Oh yes, to Bordon81, the OP's ex-friend's father was in the German Navy. See link #2 in my post above.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Here's OP's photobucket account: PHOTOBUCKET

This is a representation of what HL (suspected zodiac) saw in a field in the 1960s.

He claimed to have seen 5 whirlwinds creating crop circles. The image is a pattern formed from plotting the location of the whirlwinds. As the OP suggests, this event may have been important to him hence the self-adopted title of The Zodiac.

As per the quote from the submission made by Henning it states that he was a boy of 11 in 1946 Germany. I found another link at www.kornkreise.info... that gives his full account of the event and that the author of the size personally spoke with Henning on the phone to verify the story.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya

Norse is the Norwegian peoples and relatives, they sometimes group us in with Germanic because the modern day tongues are related. Norwegian, Danish, German, etc all developed at the same time and all influenced by Latin. The Teutons and such though did not speak Old Norse.

However, interesting enough the Nazis believed Norway was ancient Atlantis and they were all descended from it, such is why Hitler used so much Norse mythology and symbolism during his reign. Hitler assumed Norway would greet them as liberators, as they say. Because of similar roots.

Its funny, I go up near 100 Mile a few times every year with people and none of us have ever heard of this (highway of tears), but then again a lot of small remote towns often have much higher murder/rape rates, its not too surprising. You should send your letters to the RCMP not FBI.

reply to post by Nventual

I can almost imagine that he witnessed a terrible event where he felt like he had to save women from their boyfriends, or like you said perhaps he had a jealousy where he never got attention from women... but I remember one of his letters he said 'getting your rocks off with a girl' so maybe not?

Also, its possible he is very intelligent but spells bad because Germans his native tongue.

For some reason the police have kept this under wraps. I just found out about it myself when i was doing some research and stubled accross it. The story got moved up in the headlines in December 2009 I believe after public outcry regarding so many missing/murdered women. There are alos a lot more women missing and murdered than on the official list from BC up to Alberta where Henning's brother lives. I don't know why the police try to hide the fact that all of this is really happening. They now have big bulletin boards posted not to take a ride on the highways which include highway 5, highway 16 and highway 97 in BC.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

If Henning is the guy the handwriting is not faked he really writes like that. That is why I recognized it right away when I saw a copy of one of the letters in the movie. I NEVER thought anything about him at all being zodiac until I recognized the handwriting and started doing some research.

As far as his relationship with women I believe he hated women. His mother terribly abused him as a child according to him, beating him, locking him in a cold, dark cellar for days at a time with no food, throwing hot grease at him, and he said he hated his father too because he did nothing to help him. He said if it wasn't for his grandmother than he didn't know what he would have done..... often Henning would say kind of jokingly, "Women, I hate women." I would say, "Oh you love women." I actually thought he did because he seemed to be helping a few of us out all the time. Now I realize he surrounded himself with women who had problems, were poor, had no father's for their kids. People who he could manipulate and easily influence.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81

Was your suspect ever in the military, Navy perhaps? Did he wear a watch? There has been much speculation about his psychological profile but I haven't read much lately its such an old case.

Hi lived in Germany during WWII and his father was a Gunnery Officer. I am not sure when he came to the United States, or what he did for work in the united states, but he came to Canada I believe in either 1972 or 1974. He worked at Department of National Defence as a Construction Engineer. He did wear a watch, with an older style face on it and a dark brown leather band; simple, but attractive in a casual type of way. I recently found a picture very similar to is on the internet. If I can find it again I can post it at photobucket.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
13 letters in Zodiac's name and 13 in your friend's name - check - though I wonder how many names don't have 13 letters compared to how many that do.

I see now that Leigh isn't your surname - rather it's the middle name of one of the suspects. Still, the name has similiar letters to your friend's name.

Zodiac (the UN-suspect with the Leigh in his name) allergic to stamp and envelope glue according to his accuser Don Cheney who passed away last December or so. Claimed it made him ill.

A Doctor who works at SFPD claims to have found Mr Potato head stamps on every zodiac marking.

And - TADA! I just HAPPEN to know that many of the US postage stamps in the 1960's had an adhesive made with POTATOES! They did away with the potato adhesive in later years because too many people were allergic to potatoes.

All coincidences perhaps, evenso, thought I'd mention the potato heads and adhesives made of potatoes.

This stuff is getting interesting! Hope you're safe though, that part isn't fun.

edit: Oh yes, to Bordon81, the OP's ex-friend's father was in the German Navy. See link #2 in my post above.

Melody Leigh is actually my first two names. There is no point in really hiding that as I don't say my last name, and if Henning reads any of this it wouldn't matter what name I used he would know it is me. As far as my safety I had great fear for my safety back when I reported him to the police for abusing my child, and the police said they didn't feel he would do anything to me because he knows that he would be the first person they look at. With all this posted on the internet, if something happened to me he would indeed be the first person they look at and they he exposes himself to possibly more being found out about himself, and he isn't that stupid. He may very well be reveling in this.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by melody_leigh

I tried to send you a mail, but I am not allowed until I have 20 posts.

As per your questions in the email that I couldn't reply to.... Henning was very organized, and very calculating. I found out after the fact that he would create alibis before even being accused of anything. Setting up the false persona about himself, like not eating meat, and acting like he was weak and feeble when I witnessed him as being very strong. I found after my daughter disclosed her abuse that he was telling people I was not well, that I was a coke addict, and other lies. He was even charged with mischief for reporting his van being stolen. The police found his van about 100 miles away and said he set it up himself. Stuff like that, he was always aggressively working at having everything laid out as a coverup in case anyone ever accused him of anything. He once had this bag full of papers that he said he was keeping in case his brother in California ever tried to accused him of something... those papers were supposed to show something bad about his brother.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The Zodiac case captured America. It was a god send when he went inactive becuase we couldnt catch him. I am not saying that their isnt a connection between the Zodiac and the Canadien version but when the trail goes cold it is up to the police and FBI to focus on criminals they can actually catch. I actually had to study serial killers for my specific degree and they facinate me to no end. It was always a dream of mine to re-open a case and solve it. Go to amazon.com and buy The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers. It list all the caught and un-catchables. A lot more serial killers out their than the public thinks. Star and Flag by the way. Really enjoyed reading your thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join